Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Leave it to the Professionals Please > William Paquet

Old 08-27-2008, 09:47 PM   #31
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

I never tire of seeing this piece ... I will add it to the collection some day

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:00 PM   #32
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Hal were you aware of that piece!I mean OMG!!!!it's gorgeous!that has just been added to my list of unattainable grails!

It certainly is gorgeous Vivek!
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:09 PM   #33
Vader
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
This was one of those pieces that compelled people to take greater note of the statue industry. Suddenly, these couldn't be dismissed as action figures or toys anymore. There was spectacular craftsmanship involved. For the first time, people were asking for statues and sculptors by name, even making requests for certain pieces to be made.

The DKR remains one of my favorite pieces. I remember getting this, the Sandman bookends, the Joker, and the Swamp Thing all at around the same time in the mid to late 90s. I suddenly found myself asking, who is this Paquet fellow? I didn't remember ever coming across his name in comics.

What I do remember, however, was that people were starting to get excited about the hobby. Some even began to dabble in the art themselves. Many would cite Paquet as an important influence, not only because he was great at what he did, but also because he inspired them to follow from his example and create something out of nothing with their bare hands. Then came Catwoman, Destiny, Spectre, Golden Age Green Lantern, the clocktower Batman, and numerous other trailblazing pieces.

You did some mighty fine work over the years, Mr. Paquet. Should someone ever put together a Hall of Fame for comic artists and creators, you would certainly deserve the coveted induction as an innovator of a now thriving industry.
Well said. William is clearly one of the pioneers in the statue industry. Together with other artists like Randy Bowen and Mike Hill, we all owe a great deal to such gifted talents who paved the way for what came after.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 04:17 PM   #34
AgentU7
The Spirit

This is one of my all time favorite statues that I own. I traded some Spawn comics for it at my local comicbook store many years ago.
AgentU7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 04:43 PM   #35
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentU7 View Post
This is one of my all time favorite statues that I own. I traded some Spawn comics for it at my local comicbook store many years ago.

LOL! Talk about looking back on a deal!! You certainly made out on that one.
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:10 PM   #36
AgentU7
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalJordanFan View Post
LOL! Talk about looking back on a deal!! You certainly made out on that one.
Yes I did. I gave him first prints of 1 thru 50 for the statue. I pd less then cover price for each issue, I was looking to get rid of them and I really wanted the statue. It was a no brainier.
AgentU7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:16 AM   #37
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
...The DKR remains one of my favorite pieces. I remember getting this, the Sandman bookends, the Joker, and the Swamp Thing all at around the same time in the mid to late 90s. I suddenly found myself asking, who is this Paquet fellow? I didn't remember ever coming across his name in comics...
I own WP's Joker statue and its the best 3D rendition of The Joker I've ever seen. It's one of my very favorites.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote