Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-19-2023, 09:26 AM   #1181
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
So, unanimous? Not surprised at all, & could kick myself for listening to all the initial neg fears/bullsh!t, which I never really acknowledged/agreed with in the first place! Instead, denied my own eyes, got caught-up in the nonsense, & now have to scramble/hustle & chase after the prize.

Oh well, this one served as a lesson learnt. One i will never forget, & one i will never repeat. Hopefully.

Thanks for the feedback guys.
Well the boots were too muddy

Though I also did tone it down a bit like others did.

I forget but, possibly the boots weren't fully shown in the keyart, which was why that and the base were up to Sideshows imagination.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 10:36 AM   #1182
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Well the boots were too muddy

Though I also did tone it down a bit like others did.

I forget but, possibly the boots weren't fully shown in the keyart, which was why that and the base were up to Sideshows imagination.

Yeah, but for me personally, this one is full of cruel irony. As I'm the guy whose always preaching for collectors NOT to get overly caught-up in the "little things", ignoring the "pimple on the arse", & instead appreciate, & enjoy the whole.

Then, confronted with a little "dirt in the eye", I suddenly, so easily go blind? And there lies the rub,.................all because of a little mud? Madness.

Keep holding the fort down under.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 04:33 PM   #1183
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

I had the EX ordered on this originally but SS sent me two screwed up ones and eventually I just got a refund. To this day that?s the only time that has happened in all the pieces I?ve collected.
Tbolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 06:19 PM   #1184
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
Sorry to necro this thread, but does anyone know if you can deactivate the rear flickering light and only have the lights on Iron man work?
heh this is funny, thought i was the only one with ocd who hated the flickering lights. Glad to see few others feel the same way haha.

It was driving me nuts to the point I worked with the guys in china just to recast the whole thing. Wasnt thrilled with the brown boots and overall paint at close up on the original either, so 1 stone 3 birds...?

They took out the stupid light, added an unmasked head, and did a nicer paint app. Cost was around $400+$250 shipping but i had to order a few (think it was 3 minimum dont remember), so ended up selling the original and the extras and still saved few hundred bucks net net and much happier.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mk3_1.jpeg
Views:	80
Size:	238.7 KB
ID:	159391   Click image for larger version

Name:	mk3_2.jpeg
Views:	72
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	159392  
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 12:41 PM   #1185
tonytiger
The X-Men

Anybody having problem with the light ups not working? Didn't turn them on since i got it when it first came out.. now they are not working..Try everything..
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 01:05 PM   #1186
Mister H
Youngblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytiger View Post
Anybody having problem with the light ups not working? Didn't turn them on since i got it when it first came out.. now they are not working..Try everything..
Mine seems to be a connection issue and only on the right arm. I have to take it off and re-attach and that works.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote