Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-28-2017, 07:39 PM   #41
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Name the outfit you want...

I was always fond of her swimsuit on #1 (with the Dolphins) and #2. The crop top suit with the traditional bikini bottom was perfect. True surfer girl, marine biologist look.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 07:40 PM   #42
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Man I hope this also leads to a Turner Witchblade.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:13 PM   #43
Bolo2002b
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I believe the anger comes from buying their prints early on at high prices based on the Edition Sizes they said they wouldn't exceed, and then Aspen turned around and made a gazillion reprints destroying the value of the originals, their loop hole being that they change a color or two on the prints justifying screwing over their customers....

I get why they did it, Michael Turner passed away so no more new artwork so they had to milk what they had to keep the business going... What they should of done was remove the Edition Size so people knew they would make more down the road instead of letting people think it was going to be very limited..
I agreed!!!! Money was the reason they needed to do reprints like crazy since they probably use up all Turners classic art work. but i still believe owning the first original prints still beats any reprints so i wouldn’t be so mad unless you a reseller and it kills your price worth. Its like sneakers they keep doing retros, we can’t stop the company from doing that but what we can do is be happy to own a original pair.
Bolo2002b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 08:21 PM   #44
Bolo2002b
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Gooood for you

A lot of us are Turner fans.

Orange rush and NorthernLadMSP were big Aspen print collectors. Probably just as devoted as you are. And I think they would agree that Aspen took their print production a bit too far. Every print they released was "limited" and then they would do numerous variants of them. To the point of being ridiculous.
I know you guys been here for the longest but lets enjoy these new statues that is coming out then talking about the past things that we cant control but makes you mad over and over again. Im only excited because its new turner statues. Turner got me in to comics and statue so I’ll always support him.
Bolo2002b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 08:53 PM   #45
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Prints that Turner signed will probably hold their value if you were lucky enough to get one. Those were the ones anyway that people were shelling out the big bucks for. Cant copy those. The rest are really more of an aesthetic value. They wont ever be worth much but I still think they look great on the wall.

There are actors whose politics, religion, personal life etc I dont care for. Doesnt mean I shouldnt enjoy their movies. Gotta seperate the character from the real life bs. Enjoy it for what it is.
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 05:46 PM   #46
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
You didn't like buying a "limited edition" print that they later made 60 variants of?
If only they'd kept it down to 60 variants I might have been able to stomach that. The funny thing is that they still issue prints with ES's on them (like anyone would believe that bs).

Anyway back to the statue. I would love to see a Turner version of Aspen but I wouldn't also be disappointed if SS did a more realistic version of her as they've been knocking the female characters out of the park of late (imho). As long as it looks dynamic I don't mind.

And agreed with those who mentioned a Soulfire / grace companion piece.
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 05:55 PM   #47
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Name the outfit you want...

I was always fond of her swimsuit on #1 (with the Dolphins) and #2. The crop top suit with the traditional bikini bottom was perfect. True surfer girl, marine biologist look.
I'm hoping they base her look off of, what I consider, to be my number one favorite Fathom artwork ever:

Basically, a white coral bikini armor and then the bikini top is in a tan sort of color.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 07:31 PM   #48
adee
Green Arrow

Definitely love that one Northern!

Some of my other favorites are

Supernova
Moon light
Pittsburgh 2002 exclusive
SDCC Aspen Splash 2013 Exclusive
Definitive cover

Honestly as long as it's Turners Fathom I'm happy.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 07:47 PM   #49
Demona
Martian Manhunter

This is my second favorite look. And would pair well if they continue with Kiani.

I wonder if they will do part of Aspen's body in water form?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I'm hoping they base her look off of, what I consider, to be my number one favorite Fathom artwork ever:

Basically, a white coral bikini armor and then the bikini top is in a tan sort of color.
Old 09-29-2017, 08:47 PM   #50
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I believe the anger comes from buying their prints early on at high prices based on the Edition Sizes they said they wouldn't exceed, and then Aspen turned around and made a gazillion reprints destroying the value of the originals, their loop hole being that they change a color or two on the prints justifying screwing over their customers....

I get why they did it, Michael Turner passed away so no more new artwork so they had to milk what they had to keep the business going... What they should of done was remove the Edition Size so people knew they would make more down the road instead of letting people think it was going to be very limited..
Don't forget the fact that Aspen sold open edition Marvel and DC prints as limited editions for roughly 10 years and it took me 2 years of emailing everyone at Aspen, including Frank, to get him to address the DC Marvel issue, which was a direct violation of the California Limited Edition Print laws and nothing short of 100% FRAUD. He then broke those same laws again by selling "table copies". And lets not forget he sold the #1 prints Aspen had been hoarding for years for BIG money (many sold for as much as $800), just before flooding the market with TONS of reprints (more than 80 in the first year alone). And you have the selling of new Marvel/DC prints one at a time etc. etc. etc. Honestly, what happened with Aspen goes SO FAR beyond just reprinting that its absolutely mind boggling.

I am not going to list everything this company did wrong again as I have done it too many times to date. I made very detailed posts in the Aspen print thread if people really want to learn the truth about the depths that this company sank too regarding its corruption and greed. This is a company that screwed over its very best fans purposely and by literally breaking the law. To date, my Aspen print collection has lost at least $25,000 in value due to Aspen's greedy and fraudulent actions. Frank Mastromauro should literally be in jail and I will regret to my final day on this planet not suing Aspen in open court, just for the sake of making what Aspen did public record. If people want to ignore what Aspen has done in the past then that is up to them. Again, I wont give that corrupt excuse of a company another penny ever again. The worst part about all of it, Frank never once apologized, admitted to doing anything wrong (likely by legal counsel at that point), and never offered a single person a refund even with the fraudulent open edition Marvel and DC prints Aspen sold for a decade.

Its all good tho as Aspen got exactly what they deserved, a complete and utter collapse of their print market, which was without question one of Aspen's biggest income's, if not their single biggest income. I guarantee they made at least $150,000-$250,000 on the #1 prints alone. I was actually afraid Aspen's actions would set a terrible precedence for the limited edition comic print market, or the limited edition print market in general, but it ultimately wound up being the exact opposite. It wound up being an absolutely picture PERFECT example of just what happens when limited edition print companies/artists screw over their fanbase by issuing a ton of reprints.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote