Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

View Poll Results: Are you happy with how many PFs Sideshow is producing?
Yes - This is a good thing. 103 76.30%
No - I can't keep up. 32 23.70%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-16-2018, 10:14 AM   #1
MPCanes
The X-Men

The Sideshow product onslaught

Does anyone else feel that Sideshow has significantly upped their PF product offerings this year?

I find that between DC/Marvel there is no way to keep up with this from a $$$ perspective. Between space and competition with other companies, I've had to significantly scale back. Not to mention aftermarket prices makes me wary to bite when you can often pick it up below retail down the road.

Anyone have data on PF releases y/y? I'd be interested to see if this is just an illusion or if my hunch is correct.

This is, of course, assuming most of the recently announced X-Men/DC PFs go up this year, but at the current pace no reason to see why they won't.
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:30 AM   #2
Python
Omega Red

I'm not sure about Sideshow themselves making too much. But with the much more numerous high end competition, and the way higher prices (and 100% + higher shipping rates). I resigned myself to the fact that I can no longer have all of the PF's and other statues I'd like a long time ago. Choice is good anyway. And at least they have the Flex option which helps a bit.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:47 AM   #3
jeremydmc
Black Panther

I cut back on PF's last year with all the price increases. Currently only have the new Red Sonja on PO. And that was going to be my last until the Supergirl reveal. Now if they make another Power Girl I will jump on that one too. I am much more selective now. Can't just buy whatever appeals to me anymore.

It does appear they are cranking them out at a higher rate than they used to.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:50 AM   #4
BurningRage
Inhumans

A lot of these are repeat characters though. Only 4 of the 12 DC pfs are new characters. They’ve never put out this much DC pfs in a year before. I prefer classic costumes over modern so I’m able to pass on a bunch of these pfs especially the Marvel ones. They’ll get my money anyway since I’m interested in the Spider-Man lsf, Wolverine and Venom busts from the Marvel side and that’s equivalent to seven pfs price wise.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:56 AM   #5
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Don't care if you can't afford all of them.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:05 AM   #6
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I'm ambivalent on this. On one hand, if I were trying to buy everything there would be no physical way to pay for all of these. On the other hand, I look at it as a means to really, truly not PO anything. The more PO's Sideshow puts out, the more people have to pick and choose, and the more likely these pieces will be available for a very long time. This, in turn, gives people more of a chance to see actual in-hand photos and choose what they really like once they've had time to think, and to choose which pieces end up coming out the most pristine.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:09 AM   #7
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Just know that when pieces flood the market, B-Characters will be on sale later down the road. Having said that, that damn Green Arrow looks pretty sick..
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:11 AM   #8
SONICobra
Batman

yes

i like to see whats coming so i can budget myself accordingly. of all the ones teased i really want mr. freeze, green arrow and doomsday. like you though i have to scale back so green arrow and doomsday will be ordered down the line doomsday might not even be possible depending on price.

regardless im happy to see them even if i cant afford them right now. the way the market is youll be able to pick these up for retail or less at some point anyway (at least a reg)
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:12 AM   #9
boibleu22
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Why the hell would this be a bad thing?
boibleu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:38 AM   #10
Mr.Knight
Justice League

This is a GREAT thing!
Mr.Knight is offline   Reply With Quote