Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-26-2022, 09:58 PM   #311
Royalguard
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
Both great pieces. without a doubt the two best Batman statues ever made.

I just checked my Batcave statue for lean. again, zero movement from the day-1 measurements. Maybe some lean, but i think it's an optical illusion base on his walking pose. He's stepping with one leg and but his weight is on the other leg which gives an appearance of leaning.

The Jim Lee Batvace statue with the smirk is the perfect Batman for me, because i think Jim Lee is The KING of my generation, similar to how Fabok is to the newer generation of readers. the fact that this new statue is based on the 1000 cover is really cool and adds more reinforcement to Fabok fans and lovers of DC 1000 why this one is the best.

these 2 are BEST of THE BEST, for sure!
Absolutely I feel if you stare at it long enough you?ll get that perception that there is a lean. Not negating the others who do in fact have a lean.
Royalguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 10:02 PM   #312
Royalguard
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevGuy View Post
You said the lean was fabricated by non-buyers who based their observation on Prime 1 photos. But you then said BSC confirmed his leans.

So is there a known leaning issue?
And is it forwards or backwards. Forgive my ignorance it isn't obvious in the photos, unless the angle implies he leans forward - which seems unrealistic as if there was ever to be a problem, it would be leaning back what with the cape's substantial weight.
I also have this piece as well and haven?t experienced a lean myself.
Royalguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 03:49 AM   #313
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

For Hush Batman. No lean here. Based on what I am seeing out in the wild this could be related to how many times you take the body out and put it back in. Wear and tear if you may. Best case not to move this piece much is my thought.

Best Batman out but that fully sculpted cape is a heavy piece....
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 09:57 AM   #314
Singuy
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singuy View Post
From FB
This poster also voted for Fabok to be the better piece if you have money or space to just buy one.
Singuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 02:48 PM   #315
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

I like this one a lot but man, by the time you pay the price, add in shipping, taxes, etc., this is over $2k for me. I just don't know if I want to go down that road.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 04:17 PM   #316
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS_Sagat_Buyer View Post
BSC likes everything. Literally. Everything is a 10/10 amazing piece to that guy. So I'd listen to a different source if I were you. A few reviews I've seen have knocked it for the base being too plastic and cheap feeling. The XM Batman on batcycle is way better.
He should like whatever he's reviewing. I'd imagine he wouldn't purchase a piece he thinks looks bad. I've already POd the DX months ago. His reviews don't sway me in any direction. I buy what I like, not what others recommend. As far as the base is concerned, it looks good to me. I know people have knocked the scale of the base but it doesn't bother me in the least. As far as XM's Bats on a bike, I have no interest in it. It doesn't do anything for me personally. However, this piece was an instant PO for me because I love the way it looks. There's no right or wrong opinion on statues. We all like whatever we like.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 04:25 PM   #317
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
I like this one a lot but man, by the time you pay the price, add in shipping, taxes, etc., this is over $2k for me. I just don't know if I want to go down that road.
Yeah, it's not cheap. I'm all in on the DX for $1430. However, I have to pick it up at the retailer I bought the piece from. The biggest pain in the rear is I have no idea when my retailer will get his orders in. I POd the DX P1 Ledger Joker from my retailer and he still hasn't received it yet. If you ordered directly from P1, you received it about 4 months ago. I'm still waiting on mine. That said, the Ledger Joker was about $2000 shipped if ordered direct from P1. I spent $1350 on mine but it's a looooong wait for it to arrive.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 05:03 PM   #318
Singuy
Frackin!

So what is the official verdict on the ES for this piece? Many reviewers are seeing xxx/500?
Singuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 01:17 AM   #319
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
As far as the base is concerned, it looks good to me. I know people have knocked the scale of the base but it doesn't bother me in the least. As far as XM's Bats on a bike, I have no interest in it. It doesn't do anything for me personally. However, this piece was an instant PO for me because I love the way it looks. There's no right or wrong opinion on statues. We all like whatever we like.
People knock the scale of the base because they are ignorant of what they are looking at. Batman is not standing on the main roof of a house, and the original cover art shows this. The protrusion he's standing on is called a gable, and the window is called a dormer. I'm pretty sure there's a name for gables with chimneys, but I can't think of it at the moment. In any case, there's a second gable coming off the first on that base which has those old iron decorations to keep birds off. Many homes and brownstones in the NYC tri-state area have small dormer windows for ventilation, or in other cases are non-functioning and are for aesthetics only. The base is the correct scale and is not a forced perspective as some people claim.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 10:06 PM   #320
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

The deluxe is in stock at SS…..$511 shipping. What an absolute joke.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote