Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 12-01-2015, 12:23 PM   #41
Demona
Martian Manhunter

This too is my first Fallout game. I watched my brother play and my friends play, and only heard good things. Love love love a game with side quests which I usually do long before the actual story.

What I'm stressed out about the most is what to level up! I need a tip from a pro -- do I level my basic SPECIAL first or just start dumping into perks?

I enjoy games where I'm smart, charming, and can use a sniper rifle. I think to be a sniper I need to start boosting agility, but I'm not sure and don't want to be a total tool in melee. I'm still relativly early into the game (damn job and life) but here is my current set-up *busts out pipboy app*.

Tips are appreciated

S 5
P 4
E 3
C 5
I 5
A 3
L 3
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 01:01 PM   #42
AlbertR213
Sailor Moon

Well I'm no pro but I really tried to keep all the basic perks evenly matched at the beginning and I think the first one I maxed out was agility.

It really depends on how you play choose to play the game because everyone plays it differently. Some might really like building and improving settlements so they go for those perks or some might like upgrading their guns and armor and go for the ones related to those.

I honestly never really mess with the building stuff unless I really have to so the perks that I chose to max out first all the ones that do increase damage to enemies and improve my VATS accuracy.

Currently I'm on level 52 and I still have a lot of perks to choose from!

Love Fallout 4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
This too is my first Fallout game. I watched my brother play and my friends play, and only heard good things. Love love love a game with side quests which I usually do long before the actual story.

What I'm stressed out about the most is what to level up! I need a tip from a pro -- do I level my basic SPECIAL first or just start dumping into perks?

I enjoy games where I'm smart, charming, and can use a sniper rifle. I think to be a sniper I need to start boosting agility, but I'm not sure and don't want to be a total tool in melee. I'm still relativly early into the game (damn job and life) but here is my current set-up *busts out pipboy app*.

Tips are appreciated

S 5
P 4
E 3
C 5
I 5
A 3
L 3
AlbertR213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 02:36 PM   #43
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Thanks Albert!

I know that so many play differently and that's why I like to see how others mod their character.
Old 12-01-2015, 03:15 PM   #44
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Leveling your perks does not matter. Supposedly if you play long enough, you can get every perk.

As far as picking...out of what is available, what do you need or find most useful?

I started with extra loot/caps/ammo.
Did some damage on rifles, maxed out my carrying perk. Woot, now I can get fat and still fast travel to dump everything and go back and do it again.
Leveled pickpicking and hacking so I could get into more stuff faster.
Got lone wolf perk and dropped my buddy to carry more, take less damage, and do more...plus I have no more dumbass AI in my way.
Scattered a few about on levels I didnt really know what I wanted...point here in AGI, here in STR, int, etc...
Picked up the needed perks to set up supply lines and built all of the biggest shops/stores in my home base.

Think I am starting to look more into perks for modding armor and weapons, since some of those are needed for certain things you can build. Like you need gun nut perk for make level 2 machine gun turrets.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 04:00 PM   #45
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I am dying to get the supply lines running. I hate having to fast travel back and forth to deposit my scavenged goodies.

I enjoy my doggie very much. I'd hate to leave him behind. Though the annoying AF Codsworth did kill some things for me.
Old 12-02-2015, 05:33 PM   #46
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I'm enjoying this game immensely. The first perks I concentrated on were the community leader (supply lines are a must IMO) and things like Gun Nut as I like to customize/build things.

What a player chooses really depends on what kind of focus you have. I love building and securing my communities, tinkering with weapons/armor etc. Many of the perks hold little to no value to me. I don't think there is a wrong or more advantageous route. It all boils down to what you want your experiance to be like.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 09:48 PM   #47
Luminous
Cyclops

I am about 9 hours in and I only just made it to Diamond City. Been a little preoccupied with inventory, scavenging, rebuilding Sanctuary, and exploring.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 12:09 AM   #48
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
I am about 9 hours in and I only just made it to Diamond City. Been a little preoccupied with inventory, scavenging, rebuilding Sanctuary, and exploring.
I hear ya. Though I made it to Diamond City quite some time ago I pulled out before entering and am currently completing many of the side quests in the surrounding areas before proceeding there. Been exploring and building my settlements. I think I have 6 settlements now with supply lines running through all of them to help fortify and build the communities. I'm currently sitting at level 15 with about 24hrs invested.
Old 12-03-2015, 12:14 AM   #49
MrYac
Hercules

go to Diamond City ya dinks. it's not like it's some big earth shattering reveal that climaxes the game. it's just a convenient central hub and having the ability to fast travel there for it's readily available vendors and doctors makes the game much more enjoyable.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 12:30 AM   #50
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I will. Just got sidetracked with the settlements, Paladin side quests and liberating farms. I've unlocked plenty of areas surrounding it for fast travel though.