Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 02-26-2012, 04:24 PM   #401
bubbaman
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Great pictures !!! Regular and special version are great !!!
bubbaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:02 AM   #402
HICKS
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by robomorph View Post
Damn, ya know what - I think I prefer the normal version!

I'd imagined the special would have a more complex paint app for the extra Yen, but it just seems to be paler and have more highlighting?
It has a definitely more complex paint job

you are getting the special version right ??
you haven't received it yet ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbaman View Post
Great pictures !!! Regular and special version are great !!!
HICKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:11 AM   #403
cstojano
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Stab in the dark, but any chance of picking up the unpainted kit from anyone here or online?
cstojano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:42 AM   #404
HICKS
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstojano View Post
Stab in the dark, but any chance of picking up the unpainted kit from anyone here or online?
I am keeping mine unpainted for now and I might just want to paint it one day don't know for sure yet...

Can't help you on this one sorry : (
Old 03-07-2012, 09:01 AM   #405
robomorph
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HICKS View Post
you are getting the special version right ?? you haven't received it yet ??
Well I finally received my Special Version and typically for my luck it's damaged

The tail is broken off at the base - easy fix - but the dome is broken off too, and there's a massive scratch across it that's just not repairable. There's also an odd blemish in the finish of the dome that's also not fixable. These must have been done prior to shipping.

I ahd a bad feeling about this one ever since we saw the early packaging. Sano makes great statues but the difficulty seems to lie in getting them to people in one piece!

So now I guess it's time to contact HS and see what the replacements procedure is. Hope I don't have to send it back!
robomorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:11 PM   #406
HICKS
The Spirit

Quote:
Well I finally received my Special Version and typically for my luck it's damaged

The tail is broken off at the base - easy fix - but the dome is broken off too, and there's a massive scratch across it that's just not repairable. There's also an odd blemish in the finish of the dome that's also not fixable. These must have been done prior to shipping.

I ahd a bad feeling about this one ever since we saw the early packaging. Sano makes great statues but the difficulty seems to lie in getting them to people in one piece!

So now I guess it's time to contact HS and see what the replacements procedure is. Hope I don't have to send it back!
Damn it so sorry to hear it came damaged
They will send you a replacement for sure but you'll have to send it back...but only after you receive the replacement one!

Keep us posted.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:14 PM   #407
MK Ultra
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:

Mine was damaged too Robo. tail broken off at the base too. Easy fix and I preferred to keep as I really didn't want to roll the dice again with a replacement, yours definetly needs replacing though and sorry to hear.
MK Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #408
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:

What!? Damn, mate...sorry to hear about the damage. Any luck for a replacement?
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #409
Darth Pain
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

That sucks! Maybe this will teach Roswell to use magnets for the limbs. So they can be shipped separate from the main body. Which will mean safer packing.
Darth Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:23 PM   #410
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Pain View Post
That sucks! Maybe this will teach Roswell to use magnets for the limbs. So they can be shipped separate from the main body. Which will mean safer packing.
Yea, shipping the arms and tail, even the head separately could prevent a lot of damages and replacements.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote