Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Sculptor's Pit Stop

Old 03-11-2015, 03:08 AM   #1
Indelaxiom
Fantastic Four

Has anyone ever worked with Plastimake?

Hey everyone. I just discovered this cool product called Plastimake and my head is spinning with all the possibilities that could be had with using this stuff.

Basically, they are little plastic pellets that melt in hot water and then you have some working time (not sure how long) to sculpt with it. Once you're satisfied with the sculpt, you submerge it in cold water and it hardens up. If you're not satisfied with the harden piece, you can reactivate it in hot water again and start over! And supposedly this stuff is damn near indestructible once it's solid.

Here is the website for the product. I'm hoping someone has some experience with this. Thanks!

http://www.plastimake.com/
Indelaxiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 08:22 AM   #2
rgm501
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indelaxiom View Post
Hey everyone. I just discovered this cool product called Plastimake and my head is spinning with all the possibilities that could be had with using this stuff.

Basically, they are little plastic pellets that melt in hot water and then you have some working time (not sure how long) to sculpt with it. Once you're satisfied with the sculpt, you submerge it in cold water and it hardens up. If you're not satisfied with the harden piece, you can reactivate it in hot water again and start over! And supposedly this stuff is damn near indestructible once it's solid.

Here is the website for the product. I'm hoping someone has some experience with this. Thanks!

http://www.plastimake.com/

This stuff looks awesome and made in Australia too!
Can't wait to try it, thanks for the info.
rgm501 is offline   Reply With Quote