Mephisto

Sh*t! So much goodness announced today!
daz1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 07:24 PM   #2892
franktank
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
Well if you have a Breakout Rex you are going to love the Rotunda Rex, this piece is going to be my stand out Rex. We will most certainly be getting this one right all the way down the line.

We've recovered from a few missteps, we're on track to keep these Dinos looking killer in every way.

So stay tuned for Rotunda Rex in scale with the Breakout.

Paul
Rotunda Rex? This gonna be a lot bigger than Breakout and the Bronze one?
franktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 07:46 PM   #2893
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Nice try, but your straw man argument has nothing to do with what I was saying. Their proto was most definitely "right" and the disappointing fact that toynami didn't paint some of the heads well doesn't take away from how perfect the base sculpt looks. CC even touched some of the US ones up and those look fine. Plus, who knows how the IS piece will come out, that is their proto too and it looks much worse than the CC proto right off the bat.

99% don't want an artistic interpretation of how the dinos looked, we want what was ON SCREEN. Pose them how you want if you think you can do better than a movie pose, but get the actual dino right first.
Dude, your passion in defending this company is noteworthy. I hope CC will give you a deep discount on your next purchase. I did not comment of the CC breakout prototype, but what collectors ultimately received, which was a disappointment to me. The proto looked great, which was why I pre-ordered it, however when pics of what collectors ultimately received, I cancelled right away. I must be the odd duck out and belong to that one percent. Peace out.
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:53 AM   #2894
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Well if you have a Breakout Rex you are going to love the Rotunda Rex, this piece is going to be my stand out Rex. We will most certainly be getting this one right all the way down the line.

We've recovered from a few missteps, we're on track to keep these Dinos looking killer in every way.

Paul
So excited for this one! Can't wait to see what you do for the base.
Thorondor_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 09:05 AM   #2895
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddlysober View Post
Dude, your passion in defending this company is noteworthy. I hope CC will give you a deep discount on your next purchase. I did not comment of the CC breakout prototype, but what collectors ultimately received, which was a disappointment to me. The proto looked great, which was why I pre-ordered it, however when pics of what collectors ultimately received, I cancelled right away. I must be the odd duck out and belong to that one percent. Peace out.
If you make a bunch of nonsense claims about IS in a CC thread when IS has released nothing JP yet what do you expect? Then you admit to not even seeing a breakout in hand and cancelling after a few bad pics? Why are you even here? Nobody is saying the paint wasn't an issue, that isn't what anyone was talking about.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 09:08 AM   #2896
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:

Paul
Any chance for a larger scale Rotunda version Paul? I would think with the tail able to wrap around more you could go bigger and not have huge footprint even with a larger rex.
Old 02-23-2018, 11:08 AM   #2897
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

I'm the first to say there was an issue, but we tried to correct as much as we could in house.

Also we've gone to great lengths to look at these before they ship from the factory. I believe the Compy and 1:1 Raptor are vast improvements.

The Rotunda Rex is pretty big due to the standing pose. I like the 1:25 scale and don't want to do a bunch of different crazy scales.

We've got a lot releasing before the new film....
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:25 PM   #2898
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

I get wanting to stick with one scale, but with the JW dio and BO versions already around that size I would think a larger piece to fill the void between those and the 1/5 would be a good idea(although I would buy a 1/5 rotunda version too!). Something noticeably larger than the BO, but smaller than what IS will be doing would be perfect imo.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:40 PM   #2899
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

We've found a scale that works for us and we'll live in this size for a while...
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:43 PM   #2900
WingdSoldier
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
I get wanting to stick with one scale, but with the JW dio and BO versions already around that size I would think a larger piece to fill the void between those and the 1/5 would be a good idea(although I would buy a 1/5 rotunda version too!). Something noticeably larger than the BO, but smaller than what IS will be doing would be perfect imo.

I totally get the reason for keeping it in the same scale, but this will be the third one of that size. Something a tad bigger would be perfect for those of us who would like something bigger than the Breakout Rex to represent such an iconic character/creature, but don't have the room for the 1:5 maquette.
WingdSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote