Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-06-2016, 07:42 AM   #71
Max Shreck
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by allosaur176 View Post
I asked the person who took a video of the Alien bust and he said the skin is Indeed purple, but for some reason it looks green in the video. I hope he is right cause I love the blue/purple coloring shown on the Sideshow site.
I think what we can learn from all products with translucent resin that it misleads cameras. TR picks up light different and it always looks changed under various light conditions (ECC's The Grey for instance).
I wouldn't be too worried. Prime 1 is yet to let us down.
Max Shreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 09:09 AM   #72
RaddTitan
Kindly Asked To Leave

Here i a video from the recent Tokyo Comic con

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkbpnOnLwyE
RaddTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 10:07 AM   #73
Planeswalker
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
you will never get another chance to own a [insert anything] from any other company.....ever....
Not sure why people always say this. It's just simply not true. As long as nostalgia exists, there will always be someone out there who will eventually make another of whatever this statement is attached to.

With my collectibles, I live by "If you don't like this one, just wait for the next one" philosophy. It has always held true. You just have to be patient.
Planeswalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 10:25 AM   #74
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

This thing should've had an ES of 150 or less. It may pickup some steam when folks have it in hand since P1's stuff is quite impressive.

While enjoy watching the ID films as pure sci-fi cheese. I only find the ship somewhat iconic.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 11:42 AM   #75
Planeswalker
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaddTitan View Post

Just watched the video. Both of the pieces shows look great! Look pretty massive too! Definitely need a decent sized display area for them!
Planeswalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 11:50 AM   #76
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

You can see the purple coming through in that video. Some of the greenish color could just be an effect of the lighting/photography as others have suggested.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 01:31 PM   #77
Python
Omega Red

Good to hear it isn't actually green and it is the lighting etc throwing it off as suspected. Half way paid for this guy and excited for him..
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 02:46 PM   #78
dafadcariad
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaddTitan View Post

Thank you sooooo much for that link, it really does put me at ease. It truly is a gorgeous sculpt and it's great to see that the piece does hold up to casual inspection. I can't wait to see this beauty up close.
dafadcariad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 11:02 PM   #79
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafadcariad View Post
First off, constructively voicing concern and asking questions are not about being anal as much as they are about working to alleviate the anxiety and worry that is now surfacing as I see a production piece that I simply do not love at the moment. As somebody who did pay up for this piece I do think that allows me to constructively speak up in regards to my own potential worries and concerns. After all, for many, there's absolutely no point in purchasing something that you no longer love merely because it's a "once in a life time opportunity".

At the end of the day the fact remains that thankfully this forum is still for people like myself to ask questions and get second opinions to voiced concerns in hope that we can alleviate our fears and enjoy the item we PO'd instead of just blindly purchasing an item only to regret it after. I'd much rather that then a place where people disregard the fears and concerns of others merely to effectively tell them to shut up and deal with it.
You said a lot there and nothing at the same time.

We're adults that buy expensive toys, some people approach it like they're having a new born. Overkill in my opinion.

Order the thing, when you get it in hand decide if it meets your standard or not. If not, send it back. It's really very simple.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 03:21 PM   #80
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
Order the thing, when you get it in hand decide if it meets your standard or not. If not, send it back. It's really very simple.

Chris

If only it were this simple for all of us, unfortunately this approach would cost some of us hundreds of dollars in return shipping and a nightmare dealing with customs trying to get a refund of the duty with no guarantee of receiving it.

In this case, I didn't really see the outrage? Just one deceptive image that was explained away, all is good.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote