Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-18-2022, 12:10 AM   #13071
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I tracked it down. This is her post I just copied it. It was posted one day ago in her main post about not having rewards lotteries for geeksgiving.

Every event with a registration will be exactly like this, so if that helps you make decisions about participating in the future, you won't have to waste any time trying to find out if that event will be different.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 01:58 AM   #13072
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Interesting, but I'm not really buying it. I can certainly see them scaling rewards back, but if all future events are a $10 registration and done, that would seem to negate their ongoing effort to get their customer base to engage and interact in these events.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 02:31 AM   #13073
StarWarsIsGood
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post

Every event with a registration will be exactly like this, so if that helps you make decisions about participating in the future, you won't have to waste any time trying to find out if that event will be different.
I'm surprised they continue doing $10 for registration. That has to be a ton they are giving away because anyone just slightly paying attention gets it.
StarWarsIsGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 04:57 AM   #13074
Pharmer
The Herculoids

Smile

Perhaps SSC is adopting the more common business model where there may be an occasional sale with significant discounts but the customer has to pay something. Up to this point they have stood out from their competition by having a generous RP system that was both easy to accumulate (thanks in large part to the forum posters) AND had almost no restrictions. We see all these giveaway type promos most commonly with start up companies trying to build an initial client base but SSC has been around since 1994?so it?s curious to see them continually doling out RPs. I hope they continue with RPs but I?m also lucky to be at the tail end of collecting only wanting the odd piece for my collection. Either way, it?s winding down for me but it was one fun ride spanning over a quarter of a century.
Pharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 11:52 AM   #13075
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos49698 View Post
I hope rewards are not going away, that is one of the main reason why I buy directly from Sideshow.

From everything I've seen, it looks like the Social Team is just trying out something new for this event. There is nothing to suggest this is a permanent change.

Speak of which, I don't think this is completely bad either for collectors who are patient. Getting a great deal could be equal to if not better then fishing for reward points.

If this were the direction Sideshow was heading to, anyone who pre-orders a statue is basically taking a loss. That is why I don't think Sideshow can completely get rid of rewards. There would be way too many complaints from collectors down the road when they see their same collectible still in stock for 25 or 30 percent off.

I agree. At least with Reward Points, a customer can put an order in with RPs and a discount code whenever they want to. Without RPs, then customers would need to wait for sales to happen before putting their order in.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 12:07 PM   #13076
Augen
Metal Men

After these crazy sales I'm shifting to a model of "put statue on wish list and wait".

I already feel confident the Ahsoka (Mandalorian) I pre ordered will be $50+free shipping within six months of release with this new trend.

If upcoming Psylocke gets "low stock" quickly then I'll bite, but until then bide my time and maybe save $100-$200 on it.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 12:57 PM   #13077
Straken-SWE
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
After these crazy sales I'm shifting to a model of "put statue on wish list and wait".

I already feel confident the Ahsoka (Mandalorian) I pre ordered will be $50+free shipping within six months of release with this new trend.

If upcoming Psylocke gets "low stock" quickly then I'll bite, but until then bide my time and maybe save $100-$200 on it.
I also just waiting for anything on my wishlist to go on a good sale, and with good timing. I will only have Psylocke on pre-order soon so hopefully I will be ready when the sale hits.

That Ahsoka is really something, have grown to love it with a passion as of late
Straken-SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 01:21 PM   #13078
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straken-SWE View Post
I also just waiting for anything on my wishlist to go on a good sale, and with good timing. I will only have Psylocke on pre-order soon so hopefully I will be ready when the sale hits.

That Ahsoka is really something, have grown to love it with a passion as of late
Yeah, I was so excited to finally have ones of her. I got the more "Rebels animated" looking one and it was $50+free shipping within months. I'll be happy with them together, but unless I have to have something trying to learn patience.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 01:28 PM   #13079
jeremydmc
Black Panther

There are currently 2 statues I want to PO but I am waiting until they either go low stock or if they go on sale after they release. I can wait if it means a good discount or free shipping in the future. I have jumped off the PO day one train. LOL
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 02:37 PM   #13080
BurningRage
Inhumans

$5 for registering

https://www.sideshow.com/events/side...ecNjO4_s8IcETw
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote