Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 02-01-2006, 02:03 PM   #21
Jamesways
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

BIGTIME LAME!
Who the hell decides that things like this would be a good idea or marketing strategy?
Jamesways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 02:07 PM   #22
Buzzie
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shangrilien
The list is unfortunately long (if you only knew !). But I have to disagree with you on this one. How could people have recognized Grievous character if there was no name on the base ?

Btw Buzzie, don't you think it's great to read threads about Attakus that don't need to be translated ?
Thats it!

But I do understand a bit french.. first hand info is always good
Buzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 02:14 PM   #23
Shangrilien
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesways
BIGTIME LAME!
Who the hell decides that things like this would be a good idea or marketing strategy?
It should have been a plaque in the first place but Attakus managed to change that into an engraved name on the base.
Shangrilien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 03:24 PM   #24
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturday_Knight_Surfer
I can't say better... It's more a matter of $$$ than passion now for Lucas...
WOW you didnt realize this when he re did the original trilogy so that he could "show it the way he really want it to be done".
Tony Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 04:07 PM   #25
Jamesways
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Well, we realized it but were just kinda... you know... hoping.
Denial is a powerful thing Tony.
Jamesways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 05:28 PM   #26
Exar Kun
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Coca
WOW you didnt realize this when he re did the original trilogy so that he could "show it the way he really want it to be done".
This has always make me laugh! Just read what he wanted to have first before wanting to invest in the collectibles (which is, btw, THE good to do to have the money)
http://www.starwarz.com/starkiller/
Just read the script of ROTJ (Revenge of the Jedi)
Exar Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 07:11 PM   #27
elwood49
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exar Kun
I think he was already "out" when he was making ROTJ (the original script was AWESOME!!!!)
That's very true, which is exactly why Gary Kurtz left the ROTJ production. Go and look up Lucas and Kurtz's original plan for SW. It's pretty amazing.

Edit: I found a good article on the subject from around Ep. I's release.

http://theforce.net/latestnews/story...s_19_80270.asp

Kurtz gave TPM a mixed review as he was clouded by plans made for Episode 1 back in the early 70s. As someone involved with Star Wars from the initial concepts, Kurtz revealed the original intentions for the nine films as they were laid out BEFORE 1980. Very interesting.

EPISODE 1: Was to focus on the origins of the Jedi Knights and how they are initiated and trained
EPISODE 2: Introduction and development of Obi-Wan Kenobi
EPISODE 3: Introduction and life of Vader
EPISODE 4: There were seven different drafts of the film. At one point, they pursued buying the rights to Hidden Fortress because of the strong similarities. At one point, Luke was a female, Han was Luke's brother, Luke's father was the one in prison (interesting point for some debates) and the film featured 40 wookies
EPISODE 5: Once written, the screenplay of Empire is almost exactly what is seen on screen. The only cut scenes were those involving wampas in the rebel base (cut because of time and unsolved technical glitches) and about two minutes of Luke/Yoda Jedi training with no real dialog.
EPISODE 6: Leia was to be elected "Queen of her people" leaving her isolated. Han was to die. Luke confronted Vader and went on with his life alone. Leia was not to be Luke's sister.
EPISODE 7: Third trilogy was to focus on Luke's life as a Jedi, with very few details planned out.
EPISODE 8: Luke's sister (not Leia) appears from another part of the galaxy.
EPISODE 9: First appearance of the Emperor.
elwood49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 07:37 PM   #28
Moria
U talkin' to me?

Wow, thanks fellas, I have just bookmarked both sites!
Moria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 07:40 PM   #29
sith lord utinni!
U talkin' to me?

Why the freak do they keep messing with attakus' work!!! . This kind of stuff really pisses me off.
sith lord utinni! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:16 PM   #30
Gianco
X-Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shangrilien
- Attakus is nearly not allowed to choose their statues poses. Most of the time, they have to match promotion materials.
- Until Serie IV, Attakus "couldn't" sculpt lifelike human faces and had to use generic faces.
- Some statues have been postponed for months just because of box design problems !
- The Bikerscout project was refused at the very last moment in order to grant it to GG (who ended up with that ridiculous pose)
- Japan€$€$ €dition$
- Last recent narrowminded example : Attakus work has to match others manufacturers products !

And I could go on and on. Sorry but LFL really pisses me off sometimes. They don't have any problem with releasing 30 different versions of the same bust ; or 79 different versions of the same action-figure in 23 different packagings. Not at all. But when it comes to Attakus, everything seems to become complicated.

Hey Attakus, I bet you could release whatever you want if Lucas used your 3D scanners (or is it GG ?) or if he was one of your shareholders (who said Hasbro ?)

I'm not talking about jealousy, it's all about passion : these talented Frenchies are true artists, Lucas used to be one ... a long time ago.

PS : With this post, I'm absolutely not criticizing all you GG/Hasbro collectors (being one myself). I'm just an angry Attakus fan with opinions.......
.......and you're right. I feel the same way you do! I can't believe what they did about the Sandtrooper pose!
Gianco is offline   Reply With Quote