Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-25-2019, 11:53 AM   #25751
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

what do you guys think for weekend marathon...

John Carpenters Apocalypse Trilogy (The Thing, Prince of Darkness, In the Mouth of Madness)

OR

Jamie Lee Scream Queen Marathon (Halloween, The Fog, Prom Night, Terror Train, Roadgames) she was a busy girl between 1978 and 1981 when all 5 of these movies came out! I've never seen Roadgames before
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 12:00 PM   #25752
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Can’t wrong with either marathon. Roadgames is alright, nothing great. Personally I’d replace it with the underrated Halloween II.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 12:02 PM   #25753
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
what do you guys think for weekend marathon...

John Carpenters Apocalypse Trilogy (The Thing, Prince of Darkness, In the Mouth of Madness)

OR

Jamie Lee Scream Queen Marathon (Halloween, The Fog, Prom Night, Terror Train, Roadgames) she was a busy girl between 1978 and 1981 when all 5 of these movies came out! I've never seen Roadgames before
The Thing, The Fog and Halloween would be a perfect weekend for me I thought Halloween II was pretty good as well.
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 12:38 PM   #25754
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Can’t wrong with either marathon. Roadgames is alright, nothing great. Personally I’d replace it with the underrated Halloween II.
yes definitely, I originally had Halloween 2 as part of this marathon (I personally love Halloween 2) then decided to replace with Roadgames just because i've never seen it, Ill probably just watch halloween 1+2 back to back, as they are meant to be viewed, then the other jamie lee movies after
Old 10-25-2019, 12:40 PM   #25755
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf65 View Post
The Thing, The Fog and Halloween would be a perfect weekend for me I thought Halloween II was pretty good as well.
typically i'd be OK mixing and matching, but I wanted to keep the marathons to a certain theme. I guess the apocalypse trilogy really isnt connected story wise other than all being part of the apocalypse trilogy from what I remember, but i've still wanted to watch them all in a row for quite a while now
Old 10-25-2019, 12:54 PM   #25756
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
typically i'd be OK mixing and matching, but I wanted to keep the marathons to a certain theme. I guess the apocalypse trilogy really isnt connected story wise other than all being part of the apocalypse trilogy from what I remember, but i've still wanted to watch them all in a row for quite a while now
I'd never heard of them being the apocalypse trilogy before so it shows how much attention I pay, I do the same thing as you, I have to watch them in order...doing Minions and Despicable Me 1 to 3 as we speak (yes I'm easy to please)
Old 10-25-2019, 03:17 PM   #25757
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf65 View Post
I'd never heard of them being the apocalypse trilogy before so it shows how much attention I pay, I do the same thing as you, I have to watch them in order...doing Minions and Despicable Me 1 to 3 as we speak (yes I'm easy to please)
that sounds like fun there is something oddly satisfying about watching movies back to back that are part of a bigger story, my favorites would be Hobbit/LOTR movies or Star Wars, really easy to get sucked into the universe of it all
Old 10-25-2019, 03:20 PM   #25758
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Speaking of Creepshow....anyone watching the new version?
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 03:30 PM   #25759
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
Speaking of Creepshow....anyone watching the new version?
The new version is a tv series right? I'll give it a shot.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 04:58 PM   #25760
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
that sounds like fun there is something oddly satisfying about watching movies back to back that are part of a bigger story, my favorites would be Hobbit/LOTR movies or Star Wars, really easy to get sucked into the universe of it all
Just did the Indiana Jones followed by Star Wars, best way to watch them, also prefer to do tv series as box sets as well.