Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-17-2015, 08:30 PM   #301
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Looks like it. Maybe Arsenal will be part of that new ATOM team show?
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 07:44 AM   #302
abarron
Batman

Thought how they wrote our Roy was really well done and glad to see Thea gone but i've got a feeling it wont be for long
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 12:20 PM   #303
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Anyone still watching this show? I am, but I'm pretty much convinced I will drop it after the season finale. This show just does not engage me the way Flash does. I thought it was the way Team Arrow has grown over the seasons, but so has Team Flash, and they still manage to keep the show interesting and the supporting players as well. I also thinking it's Oliver Queen himself that's keeping me from investing more in the show. I am really sick of the flashbacks, and I feel like they need to develop a strong present day storyline for Oliver that doesn't just focus on him "saving this city", give the guy a life! Every season just seems to be on a repeating cycle and I'm pretty bored by it. Anyway, I'm just curious about everyone else, although the fact that no one has commented on the show in over a year pretty much answers my question.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 02:56 PM   #304
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I'm 2 episodes behind but I'm exactly where you are. This season and last have been a bore. I'm likely out unless something miraculous happens making me want to tune in again. The flashbacks are pointless now, Team Arrow is beyond annoying, the villains have been weak especially given what they could pull from in the DC universe and the core narrative repetitive.

On the other hand Flash has been pretty strong so I'm sticking with that one. DC's Legends of Tomorrow is another series I'm bailing on. It's far too contrived for my tastes and some of the acting (Wentworth Miller I'm talking to you) is near unwatchable.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 03:10 PM   #305
Marvelito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
DC's Legends of Tomorrow is another series I'm bailing on. It's far too contrived for my tastes and some of the acting (Wentworth Miller I'm talking to you) is near unwatchable.
Wentworth Miller's line delivery is hilarious! I have never seen him in anything else that I can recall, is this the way he acts or just the way he's portraying the character? I never watched Prison Break, so the same goes for Mick Rory.

I will stick with this show a bit longer. It's not because I enjoyed it so much, but because it's different enough from the other shows that I want to see how they improve on the first season.Not a great show but interesting enough to keep me around for a tiny bit longer.

The death of characters on these shows as well as the returns is getting ridiculous though. I hope they stop using that going forward because I don't even flinch when anyone dies on these shows.
Old 05-25-2016, 04:16 PM   #306
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Miller's delivery is over the top. I watched Prison Break and enjoyed it quite a bit actually. He played it straight in that as well as one of the Resident Evil sequels, I forget which one, the 4th or 5th. That's all I've seen him in. Nothing feels genuine in the series however. Weak writing and everything falls into place far too conveniently to feel natural. I was gonna bail earlier but wanted to see the Jonah Hex episode, sounded fun. It was God awful. More of the same.
Old 05-25-2016, 04:21 PM   #307
Marvelito

I won't stick through the second season if it doesn't grab me right away. I'm on the fence but still curious to see a little more. Jonah Hex was disappointing as was Sgt. Rock. There's potential for this series, but I don't know if they can pull it off.
Old 05-25-2016, 04:56 PM   #308
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Yeah, just like Arrow the potential is there which is what makes it so difficult to abandon. That said how long do you wait for it to come around? Especially given Arrow has progressively worsened and despite sticking with it I can't help but feel I should've jumped ship after season 2. I don't think I'm going to make the same mistake with Legends.
Old 05-25-2016, 05:03 PM   #309
Marvelito

I agree. I've given Arrow enough of a chance, and I feel it has become the show I was afraid that it was when it started, which is why I didn't begin watching until right before the second season.

I will not stick around more than a couple of episodes with Legends. I'm ready to cut the cord, so as soon as it begins to lose my interest next season, it's gone.
Old 05-25-2016, 09:17 PM   #310
bigjohn550
Sailor Moon

I'm liking this show less and less too. The villain this season is so damn cheesy. I'll see what they've got planned for next season, and if it isn't any better, I'm done. Legends of Tomorrow is done for me as well. Pretty campy, and Captain Cold's drawl is so damn annoying.
bigjohn550 is offline   Reply With Quote