Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-07-2018, 09:36 AM   #1781
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by I and I View Post
All those saying 'just return it if you are not satisfied' are clearly not international collectors. Hubby wants to pre-order this but I want to quit SSC completely (unless they'd get an EU warehouse again). Every time they f*ck up, we do get the price and shipping back but we have to eat the import fees. And when they were ~40€ per statue, it wasn't that bad. But now they're at least 80€ per statue, and with all the duds we had through the years, I'm like 'hell no'. Maybe I can convince him to get him on payment plan or something so he arrives a lot later than people have him in hand. Can you get your full payments back in case they f*ck up again? I get that they have to charge people for using payment plans but I just don't trust their quality. It has never been contant with them...
Given the much larger edition sizes for EX pieces, could you convince your hubby to wait until in-hand pics show up? Seems to work for other international collectors.

And FTR, I agree with you that 80euros is a ton of. Ash to be losing bc SS has hit-or-miss QC
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 09:42 AM   #1782
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Thanks for your response, but my question was not which production piece more closely matched the proto, but which production piece is considered the best out there. PJs aside, personally I don’t think SS OG comes close, but to each his own. But if some will eventually own both versions, I would love to see a side by side comparison. Anyone else?
I guess I don't understand why it matters which one is the best. Some people love this piece. Some people love the OG with the fabric outfit. Some people love the XM. Some people prefer the brown costume. Some people love Weapon X.

Personally, I think the best Wolverine piece ever done (thus far) is the new XM Weapon X. But, that one is really for the more hardcore Wolvie fans as he's obviously not in any particular costume.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 09:52 AM   #1783
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I guess I don't understand why it matters which one is the best. Some people love this piece. Some people love the OG with the fabric outfit. Some people love the XM. Some people prefer the brown costume. Some people love Weapon X.

Personally, I think the best Wolverine piece ever done (thus far) is the new XM Weapon X. But, that one is really for the more hardcore Wolvie fans as he's obviously not in any particular costume.
Some people like to chase the imaginary 'definitive' statue of a character. Even though such a thing doesn't and never has existed.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 09:58 AM   #1784
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:

Yeah, I have to agree. There's no right or wrong answer. We like what we like. It's all a matter of opinion or personal preference. I personally love the Comiquette while others may not. In the end though, it looks like this new PF could've turned out better.

Hopefully, the lean isn't as bad as it appears. The mutton chops still look bad at the edges of his mask and I'm not crazy about the glossy black used on his mask. I'd prefer that they used a flat black paint on his mask. However, I did PO this piece because of the EX portrait. That looks like a home run and I plan on only displaying this piece with the EX portrait only. Still, sideshow wouldn't have to do much more to make this a truly special PF across the board.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 10:25 AM   #1785
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Yeah, I have to agree. There's no right or wrong answer. We like what we like. It's all a matter of opinion or personal preference. I personally love the Comiquette while others may not. In the end though, it looks like this new PF could've turned out better.

Hopefully, the lean isn't as bad as it appears. The mutton chops still look bad at the edges of his mask and I'm not crazy about the glossy black used on his mask. I'd prefer that they used a flat black paint on his mask. However, I did PO this piece because of the EX portrait. That looks like a home run and I plan on only displaying this piece with the EX portrait only. Still, sideshow wouldn't have to do much more to make this a truly special PF across the board.
I bought this because of the EX head too and will only display that one with this statue so I hope it is good.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 10:48 AM   #1786
MPCanes
The X-Men

Quote:

Ditto that the best one done is probably the XM Weapon X, but I just can't bring myself to drop ~1k for it when it's also enormous and I have nowhere to put it.

The XM Brown Wolvie, though, that may be one I have to find space for.
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 11:29 AM   #1787
nearmint
Phoenix

Kelvin's Loke Facebook Live review of SS Wolvie...

Wolverine PF Reviewed by Kelvin Loke
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 11:44 AM   #1788
SeekNdestroy
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post

Thanks for posting this. However, I’m still undecided for what it’s worth.
SeekNdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 11:50 AM   #1789
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
To all the harsher critics, what existing Wolverine statue actually compares or exceeds the SS Wolverine production sample? Any? I’ve asked before, and nothing. I too have critiqued this statue, but in the end still feel that the production quality is still the best Wolverine ever released. Can someone prove me wrong? If yes, pics please.
Simply there isn’t one.

Quote:

It matters in his context because I believe he’s referring to critics who deny this as currently the best 1/4 (yellow and blue)wolverine on the market, to which he asks, show me one better. (Granted if he isn’t specifically referring to yellow and blue wolverine then thats a different argument.) Even still, it is my personal favorite 1/4 wolverine on the market, and the best 1/4 depiction of the character.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post

We can have our personal preferences but there are objective standards even in art, i wouldn’t use the words ‘right and wrong’ but instead ‘betters’ or ’definitives’.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 12:00 PM   #1790
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post

Damn, that looks great. Really looking forward to this piece. I have similar lighting so it should look really nice on my shelf.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote