Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-28-2020, 01:13 PM   #661
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I like the long hair portrait. I have to find a way to get this and the Logan. Maybe I'll take a trip to my storage and see if there's anything I can flip. I really want this Sabretooth and Logan.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 01:20 PM   #662
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

For me, it's hard to say because there are so few pics of the EX head.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 01:42 PM   #663
CWalker
The Avengers

Long hair. I like the expression better than the closed mouth. Both are cool.
CWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 01:43 PM   #664
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Even with the shearling beard i prefer the short hair, maybe its because of the animated series, but i don't feel the long hair. Might be an ex or bust for me.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 02:16 PM   #665
Tarksis
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
Yes they are, they probably share the same cubicle at Sideshow. When we talk about Sheep, they are the perfect embodiment of that concept. Utterly disgusting hyperbole and compliments on every single turd Sideshow releases.

Exactly. I find this statue HORRENDOUS so I won't be buying it. My criticism was about the anatomy, which is completely wrong in my opinion. I believe it is constructive but ANY kind of criticism is IMPOSSIBLE here because of the SHEEP. ANY.
People who agree with each other are now related...so you and Mepo are sisters? Like it matters anyway?

I came to the defense of a sculptor, who nailed the anatomy, being questioned and critiqued by a handful of know nothings. You have the right to blast this forum with your bogus claims and opinions and I have the right to contradict them.

As a professional sculptor I would have loved the opportunity to work for Sideshow lol. Unfortunately they seem to be producing only digital sculpts and I have no experience with 3D software.
Tarksis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 02:19 PM   #666
Tarksis
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
Even with the shearling beard i prefer the short hair, maybe its because of the animated series, but i don't feel the long hair. Might be an ex or bust for me.
I am always a fan of open mouths with fanged subjects, but I like the personality that the smiling short haired one has...I will just have to wait and see when I get them in hand.
Tarksis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 05:18 PM   #667
srttoz
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
For me, it's hard to say because there are so few pics of the EX head.
This is a great point. I'd like to see some more pictures of him full body and from the side with the ex head.
srttoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 10:27 PM   #668
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Both portraits are great, conveying very distinctive vibes. Attack mode reg, or smirking/rearing sadist(?), tough choice. I plan on displaying both,..................................at the same time.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 07:36 PM   #669
srttoz
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Worded that wrong, was meaning to say XM’s looks strong and fast and more streamlined which is how i tend to prefer sabertooth, SS version does look stronger, beastly strong, in which case sabertooth’s strength could be converted to speed so i supposed he could be faster. Regarding musculature i tend to prefer more subtlety and less definition, which is a minor gripe i have with the SS version, also a bit tired of sabertooth on snow bases.

Over the past few days though SS’s has grown on me considerably, as i really like the grimy look of it. XM looks closer to man while SS looks closer to beast. Most likely end up buying the SS ver but if they were priced the same i’d select XM’s over SS to go with SS x23 and wolverine (for a sentinel mechanical theme).

One thing that's unfortunate with the XM's is the pose regardless of how good I think the overall statue looks. It covers up all the details on the front of him completely while SS shows off everything with their pose.
Old 01-30-2020, 02:34 AM   #670
srttoz
Mephisto

This is a BIG BOI. The size of his head is the size of this guys hand.