Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 06-23-2019, 09:37 PM   #561
xXx
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Spider-Man Noir Complete Collection TP, Vey good Read!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Spiderman Noir.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	124114  
xXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 10:30 AM   #562
protector2814
Phoenix

2 female-centric minis from Marvel have hit this month & last which are both very good. DC seems to be ahead of Marvel in the publishing of their women heroes. Catwoman, Batgirl & the recent & great Female Furies was well worth reading.

Now, along comes Marvel with Jed MacKay's Black Cat, which started off slow but with it's 2nd issue, out yesterday, really picks up a lot of steam. Felicia & a rag-tag team of thieves venture into Doctor Strange's Sanctum Sanctorum to steal something & it's just very cool & fun to read what happens.

Next is Mark Waid's solo Invisible Woman book which kicked-off this week. I loved it! Susan Storm had a secret, solo gig on occasion right after gaining her powers & Waid's book explores that & then rollls in the repercussions of that earlier adventure into today's timeline. I'm pretty sure this is Sue Storm's 1st solo book & can't believe it's taken 57 years to do one. Everything from the Adam Hughe's cover, to fantastic interior art by Mattia De Iulis & Waid, once again reminding me that he can be pretty damn good. This is a great summer' book.

protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 06:13 PM   #563
protector2814
Phoenix

Sabrina The Teenage Witch Complete Collection V1.

Just an affordable (under $10) little collection that b&w reprints a lot of Sabrina's earliest comic appearances, including her 1st. I like Archie comics, I like Sabrina, This was an easy purchase & one which I really enjoyed.

Old 08-25-2019, 05:21 PM   #564
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

I will try this. I loved the Melissa Joen Heart Sabrina when i was little. and done, i ordered one. Thanks for the heads up Protector.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 07:41 PM   #565
protector2814
Phoenix

Anytime DarkKnight! I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Old 12-07-2019, 04:17 PM   #566
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Goblin Slayer, vol. 1-6 (manga) 7/10

It's a fantasy manga series. Main character The Goblin Slayer has no interest in this world other than killing goblins. It's a result of an attack by some goblins to his town when he was little, his whole family murdered by goblins in the attack so he kills all the goblins, he can find.

As you can see it's a pretty simple revenge story but it has a controversy around it and that's goblins not only kill humans but they kidnap human women and rape them to produce offsprings. There are some panels... This kind of reminded me Berserk and Trolls... same thing happened in Berserk at some point.

I usually don't like safe series that doesn't make me feel like an adult, and spit on the face of the conservatives by making them uneasy... So here we are, at goblin slayer. I liked it even if it is pretty much a simple revenge story, it's controversial enough to pull me in.

Goblin Slayer who is name is also Orcblog was a loner at the begining but later on a priestess who was saved by him, joined him. Others followed her. A magician dwarf, A shaman Naga and an archer elf girl. They become an inseperable party and it's fun to follow them in the dangerous goblin infested caves, and ruins.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 12:42 PM   #567
protector2814
Phoenix

I've been scooping up these Gwandanaland' Skywald' Horror' B&W mag reprints, which collect 4-6 issues of the originals like crazy. I missed the Skywald stuff back in the 70's; was either too young or it's that my parents never would have let me buy these. The reproduction is pretty crappy, but I don't care. The stories are just completely gonzo, with maybe 60% of them falling in to the "pretty good" catagory. They sell on Amazon for in between 6 & 9 dollars each which is great on the old wallet. I've probably bought about 8 of them.

Old 01-06-2020, 11:36 PM   #568
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Wonder Twins is pretty fun.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 12:47 PM   #569
Asgard
Deadman

Red Sonja - The Seeker-Empire (2019-2020)
I just finished reading the story and love it. Sonja fights with heart and soul against an overpowering opponent for her home country
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 11:14 PM   #570
Peedi
The Secret Six

Relics of Youth is a fun adventure type of book. It stars a few teens and young adults on a mystical island type of deal.

Outer Darkness is interesting. It’s science fiction. It definitely kept me interested in what would happen next. It’s pretty wild and the art looks cartoony but it’s not a kids affair by a long shot.

Orphan Age is still pretty early but it has good long term potential and a lot of room for ideas and characters to be developed. I’m interested in seeing where it goes.

Killadelphia is still ongoing but it has an interesting take on Vampires.

Speaking of Vampires, V Wars was decent, of course it’s different from the Netflix show, feels like X-Men themes with the prejudice bits and “most are good, a few are evil” but instead, Vampires.

Amazing Spider-Man wrapped up its 2099 arc. I enjoyed it but I think it would help to have just a bit of knowledge about or the premise of Marvel 2099 and Miguel/SM 2099 who’s role in this otherwise would probably make no sense.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote