Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 07:25 AM   #2361
Joel
The Herculoids

Hi Bryan, have searched here so hopefully haven't missed the answer...

What sort of ETA do you have for Hulkbuster? Even if it's not definitate I would love to know what timeframe you are aiming for.. it's a hard thing to justify for only one reason at the moment, no ETA. If it's planned this year that's cool but at this stage it might be 24 months away or more for all we know.
Old 01-25-2017, 10:07 PM   #2362
Rancorkill
Fantastic Four

Hi Bryan,

Darkness is absolutely amazing! Any chance you can make Pitt? He's under Full Bleed comics now.

Thanks!
Old 01-25-2017, 10:55 PM   #2363
iceprince_x
Deadman

Hi Bryan!

Looking forward for the Magdalena to be put in order and also the creation of other Top Cow characters

You did mention Angelus or Aphrodite IX though I will vote for Angelus to complete the Top Cow Trinity, may I suggest Aprhrodite IX be done using the classic one (cheerleader inspired costume) in a hoover cycle, just like in the comics? You guys rock in doing a futuristic approach vehicles and robots...

My suggestion...

Old 02-06-2017, 06:46 PM   #2364
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Hello, I'm sorry if this has been covered previously, if so someone can point me in that direction but I have a question/concern.

I'm currently waiting on the incredible Venom bust and to my understanding there is not even a shipping estimate. Which is fine, I'm patient. But recently I saw some people online already selling "Marvel Samples" of this bust. My Spider sense was tingling and wouldn't trust anything like that, but are any of these legit?

Follow up question - is there an ETA on that Venom bust
Old 03-02-2017, 01:45 PM   #2365
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

Been away for awhile folks! Chinese New Year was 2 weeks closed, then we had new base of operations renovation and shifting. Visited Hong Kong and Japan for Conventions and then back to Singapore to complete new office renovations. I have a desk now!!! An actual desk!!!! After 4 years! WOO HOO!

Now to the anwsers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
Hi Bryan, have searched here so hopefully haven't missed the answer...

What sort of ETA do you have for Hulkbuster? Even if it's not definitate I would love to know what timeframe you are aiming for.. it's a hard thing to justify for only one reason at the moment, no ETA. If it's planned this year that's cool but at this stage it might be 24 months away or more for all we know.
Hey Joel, Hulk Buster is planned for shipping in 2018 1st Quarter! Printed protos will be out this year though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancorkill View Post
Hi Bryan,

Darkness is absolutely amazing! Any chance you can make Pitt? He's under Full Bleed comics now.

Thanks!
Not the first time I hear request for Pitt - We'd need to weigh the effort to go through contracts and arrangements for one character. Any other characters we can make in this line?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceprince_x View Post
Hi Bryan!

Looking forward for the Magdalena to be put in order and also the creation of other Top Cow characters

You did mention Angelus or Aphrodite IX though I will vote for Angelus to complete the Top Cow Trinity, may I suggest Aprhrodite IX be done using the classic one (cheerleader inspired costume) in a hoover cycle, just like in the comics? You guys rock in doing a futuristic approach vehicles and robots...

My suggestion...

Very niiiiiiice! I'm sending these to the Art Team. Useful for our Art Jamming sessions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Hello, I'm sorry if this has been covered previously, if so someone can point me in that direction but I have a question/concern.

I'm currently waiting on the incredible Venom bust and to my understanding there is not even a shipping estimate. Which is fine, I'm patient. But recently I saw some people online already selling "Marvel Samples" of this bust. My Spider sense was tingling and wouldn't trust anything like that, but are any of these legit?

Follow up question - is there an ETA on that Venom bust
Yes Venom Bust has just started shipping in March so most of the batches will be shipped by May latest. Samples are actually very similar to "Artist Proofs" for us. These are basically the pieces we use for advertisments, approvals, conventions so they are typically worked on by the main master painter and sculptors. They are only produced in limited numbers (usually 25). It's technically not possible to get these as they are produced for licensors and loaned for advertisment purposes. If you score one, it's pretty rare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossMcCollector View Post
Hey Bryan,
According to what you mentioned earlier "Doc Oct's acutally back to full rework as we weren't satisfied with the first. But we have the sculpt in 3D already so it would be faster to get the new concept out. Should have news before Jan 2017."

So any news on the Doc Oc?
We are definitely making Doc Oc - what's happening is some of the older characters in the pipeline are kinda stuck in the approval stage and it's creating a push back to the other characters lined up behind. I'd say Rhino will be revealed before we see Doc Oc. It's definitely going to be ready before the STGCC in Sept this year so I'd say between now till Sept, we'd see something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
Hey Bryan,
Regarding the line Knight of the Rising Sun, do the collectors that have Batman get priority to order statues from the rest of the line (Catwoman, Batgirl, Poison Ivy, Deathstroke, etc.,)?

Also, can we get a 1/4 statue of Pyslocke and Silver Surfer?
Nope, we do not keep track of people who own Batman (there's alot of reselling and gifting going around so it's a logistic nightmare to even attempt) so we are not making special provisions for customers who own Batman to have an edge acquiring the rest. Pysclocke yes! Silver Surfer is in the FF4 universe and is currently off limits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel O'Gen View Post
Hi Bryan, previously you mentioned in the x-men line we could see Cyclops, Storm etc. What about Apocalypse? Surely Nathan Summers need to point his gun at somebody? =)
Apocalypse, Gambit, Rogue and Night crawler are off limits for now. May happen but for the time being, we are advised to avoid these characters. Still plenty of X-men to do though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by captoz View Post
Hi Bryan,

Carrying on from the last question, any chance we can see any of the more funky looking mutants in 1:4 rather than the usual human visual? I mean primarily blue furry Beast and Nightcrawler. I love these two and feel they have never really been produced in this scale, and both are major characters.
Funky Mutants... does Sabretooth count?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_ken View Post
Hi, when will captain america honorary will be released
First batch started shipping in Feb. We expect the full batches to clear out within the next 3 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher2000 View Post
@ XM: does the punisher bike also getting an individual number plate like this ghost rider number plates? thx for info
No, that was specially done for Ghost Rider as the XM exclusive. Punisher's Bike doesn't come with a plate - he needs to be anonymous when he's gunning down the criminals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
Will the X-Men diorama go up for pre-order? What is the next statue going up for preorder?
It sure would! We're just ironing out more details and cool stuff into the final set up before making it ready for PO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayanto View Post
anyone knows if xm do repairs for xm statues due to fall? (i'm not looking for a freebies, just wanna know the cost)

thanks
We don't guarantee being able to solve all issues but yeah you can submit a request via www.xm-studios.com/support.aspx and we will review all cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparda View Post
Any indication of the pre-order for Carnage? Q1 2017?
Not Q1 bro! That's too fast! :0 Currently slated for Q3 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
Hey Bryan,

Any chance we'll see Winter Soldier soon??

Thanks!
Before June this year!
Old 03-02-2017, 01:57 PM   #2366
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Hello Bryan. Question for you on the DC pieces you've shown (namely Catwoman and Poison Ivy).

Are those pieces going to be restricted to Asia like your Marvel pieces, or are they a global license such as the Top Cow line?

Also, in regard to Catwoman and the removal of the "classic" head. Is there any way that can be included as a 4th head, or was it completely nixed all together?
Old 03-02-2017, 02:06 PM   #2367
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Hey Bryan, are you at liberty to disclose any further update/pics on batgirl?
Thanks.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:12 PM   #2368
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Hello Bryan. Question for you on the DC pieces you've shown (namely Catwoman and Poison Ivy).

Are those pieces going to be restricted to Asia like your Marvel pieces, or are they a global license such as the Top Cow line?

Also, in regard to Catwoman and the removal of the "classic" head. Is there any way that can be included as a 4th head, or was it completely nixed all together?
Hello Bryan, glad to see your back and ready to face another onslaught of questions

As a follow up to the above question...if the Classic head has to be completely nixed can an unmasked portrait be added? I think most people would prefer to keep the Classic head if at all possible and add the new head as an extra.

Also can you please let us know what is going on with the regular DC line? W haven't heard anything since 2016 There was a poll run but we haven't heard anything on the JLA Vs Darkseid Dio or which characters are coming out first. Would be good to receive some kind of timeline and hints on possible characters.
Old 03-02-2017, 07:09 PM   #2369
khrisc
The X-Men

Hi Bryan!

Since Hulkbuster will be released 2018..can we still preorder it at this year's STGCC? Sadly I wasnt able to go last year so I wasnt able to preorder it yet
Old 03-03-2017, 11:20 AM   #2370
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post

DC Jap series have been upgraded to Global License, Yippee! We are very thankful to WB for giving us this opportunity. As for Catwoman's classic head, it's not completedly nixed yet, we are working very closely with WB to try to find the perfect balance. The sensitivity here is we need to differentiate our line from the classic comics, movies or games because that is out of our licensing zone but WB has been very supportive in helping us push our creativity further. We should be able to find a good balance soon and reveal the results. Do bear in mind that our task is to come up with original stuff so we actually have to try and make ours uniquely different from all other references.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Hey Bryan, are you at liberty to disclose any further update/pics on batgirl?
Thanks.
It's undergoing approval process right now and we can only show stuff that's greenlighted. It should be real soon though, like within a month or two hopefully!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali604 View Post
Hello Bryan, glad to see your back and ready to face another onslaught of questions

As a follow up to the above question...if the Classic head has to be completely nixed can an unmasked portrait be added? I think most people would prefer to keep the Classic head if at all possible and add the new head as an extra.

Also can you please let us know what is going on with the regular DC line? W haven't heard anything since 2016 There was a poll run but we haven't heard anything on the JLA Vs Darkseid Dio or which characters are coming out first. Would be good to receive some kind of timeline and hints on possible characters.
Happy to be back, my friends. Regarding Catwoman, as per my previous answer, we should be able to reveal a good balance soon. I personally agree that the most important element of our current catwoman is the face sculpt, which is one of my favorite female sculpts. So even though we have to avoid classic style, we definitely would want to keep the facial features prominent (not covered by masked) with perhaps different hair styles or modified masks (limited to the eyes area only so most of the facial features can still be seen).

JLA vs Darkseid is coming along nicely, we're already in progress with 3D and it's currently scheduled for reveal at STGCC 2017 and shipping in 2018. I'm very stoked about this one! As for regular DC line... there have been changes and I'm very close to finalizing the details but until then my lips are sealed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrisc View Post
Hi Bryan!

Since Hulkbuster will be released 2018..can we still preorder it at this year's STGCC? Sadly I wasnt able to go last year so I wasnt able to preorder it yet
Hey bro! Hmm.... I'm not sure if we would have it for STGCC 2017, it's been selling really well and we are very low on numbers, with new distributors and territories happening. We might have a few units (like 20) for event lucky draw or something but I can't confirm on that. We are working on a NEW event exclusive though so that would take centerstage STGCC 2017.
Closed Thread