Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 02-24-2017, 04:30 PM   #241
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
I just want the best possible statue that gives collector's a choice of how to choose to display their statues. I know it can't be done with every statue, but for a statue like Magdalena, I want the most I can get in the package...even if that means a modest $60 increase in shipping. I just am a firm believer in not skimping to save a little money. Happens with video game systems all the time.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 04:36 PM   #242
Squeeeeeps
Fantastic Four

Nvm
Squeeeeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 06:04 PM   #243
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
So how are the two trade paperbacks? Worth reading? I'm not familiar with the character, but am tempted to read up.
I bought those issues when they were hitting the stands back in the day. Style over substance, IMO. Sort of like Aphrodite IX and other books of that ilk. Really cool looking characters drawn by great artists, but the titles didn't run long for a reason.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 06:23 PM   #244
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
I bought those issues when they were hitting the stands back in the day. Style over substance, IMO. Sort of like Aphrodite IX and other books of that ilk. Really cool looking characters drawn by great artists, but the titles didn't run long for a reason.
Definitely style over substance. Some GREAT art! Some of Ebas's early art and Joe Benitez. Ton of eye candy on all the pages.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 12:36 AM   #245
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
I just want the best possible statue that gives collector's a choice of how to choose to display their statues. I know it can't be done with every statue, but for a statue like Magdalena, I want the most I can get in the package...even if that means a modest $60 increase in shipping. I just am a firm believer in not skimping to save a little money. Happens with video game systems all the time.
This right here. Difference in shipping between Mysterio and Ghost Rider was $100. Massive difference between box sizes and no way Magdalena gets anywhere close to Ghost Rider's size.

If $100 one way or the other causes me to pass on a ~$1,000 statue then I can't really afford it either way.
XM is the deeper end of the pool for this hobby. It's like trying to shave $15,000 off a Lamborghini, yeah it's a good sum of money but if you're even looking at Lamborghini's...

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
That description pretty much sums up all of Image comics doesn't it?

Some of Image's early days are the best art that comics has ever seen but also some of the hardest to read.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 11:37 AM   #246
iceprince_x
Deadman

I think story wise, Magdalena could have been a bigger character than she is presented in her story... For one she keeps on having mortal wounds that always nearly kill her but saved by her sacred healing blood. I wish they made her more stronger and more efficient. Too bad, Patience is now passing on the mantle of the Magdalena to a new bloodline.
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 10:06 PM   #247
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Wouldn't it be based on both?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifixion View Post
Only if the actual weight is greater than the dimensional weight, which never happens except for very heavy yet small items, like if you were shipping steel plates or something.
It used to be, but most large shippers (outside of USPS) appear to use only box dimensions.

That why something can be super light, but if it's a big package, you get hosed on shipping.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:37 AM   #248
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

"Today we have new WIP pictures for our coming XM Magdalena 1/4 statue. It´s still in painting progress and not done yet. We want to say thank you to the sculptor George Gerogy for an awesome work. The final display with the full color prototype will be showed at TCC - Thailand Comic Con on 21st to 23er april."

XM Studios Facebook --- XM Studios Europe Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:46 AM   #249
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Wow great faces for a change. Love those.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:51 AM   #250
grphyx1
Kingpin

She's looking phenomenal. She will be a work of art.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote