Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-06-2014, 11:19 PM   #141
Ghillie
Frackin!

I just started collecting SS PF statues, and although the attempt is great, I find that some minor QC issues almost ruin the statues for me. I've got both Darth Malgus (regular) and Shaak Ti Ex. On both, there seems to be some sort of dried glue, sealant, or something, that has definitely gotten on after the paint has been applied. It's distracting and you wonder how that could get on the statue, especially after a QC inspection, before it's packed for shipment. I'm hesitant to even place any more PO's. Anyone else notice anything like this?
Ghillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 05:37 AM   #142
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghillie View Post
Anyone else notice anything like this?
Yes, factory use that glue (mostly white) for assembling all types of statues. So this sticks to the assembly tables and their fingers and get on a lot of the (finished) statues as well.

Half of the sideshow statues I received thus far did have minor to severe glue stains/finger prints/hairs in paint etc. It is not the top-grade as you would think, but other statue brands get their statues from same (type) factories.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 05:46 AM   #143
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb View Post
etc etc
even the EX golden sticker is gone,How much do you think those little stickers cost ? 2 cents each ? Oh remember the thin foam sheet that used to come wrapping the statues ? Now they use paper.
And plastic bags...
I also prefer the foam sheets, less chance for stains/condensation/scratches.
Than sticky plastic or paper which always is torn.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:17 AM   #144
Ghillie
Frackin!

Hey Halcyon,

It's a bit disappointing after hearing so many great things about SS PF statues. I guess this will help me save my wallet, as I will have to be more choosy in the future. Thanks.
Ghillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:38 AM   #145
partgreek
Frackin!

Hello SSC,

I recently received a red & blue Spartan Premium Format. The red one came fine without any issue but on the blue one, the left hand that holds the magnum/needler, has the pinky broken off and then re-glued onto the statue at an odd angle. Plus on the palm of this hand there is a big chunk of polystone missing/large glue smears on this hand. For the magnum that fits into it the hand, the bar for the pistol that sits into the hand was broken and re-glued. I find it kind of disconcerting that these where deemed accepted by the QC deptartment and then shipped. I have been a loyal customer of SSC and have purchased over 10 pieces from your store and this is my first real problem. I have emailed SSC, sent in an online ticket and also called about that matter and have received no feedback. Hopefully I will find some here.

Thanks.
partgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:43 PM   #146
ichiro51
Justice League
Adamantium Member

Well, I'm done with this bust.

Sideshow has refused to offer me another replacement.

This is the first one I received. Note the crooked mouth due to the faceplate being crooked. You can even see light from the left side of his mouth, due to the size of the gap.

This is the replacement I received. Same damn problem, if not worse.

After William Mendoza's first refusal to find a better replacement, I sent him pics from the board -- almost all of them with straight faceplates. He sent me the exact same response... that Sideshow does inspect replacements, and none of their replacements are better than what they have sent me.

I dunno, when I look at the photos on the forum, I would take any of those over the two I received. So I reject that argument that they are "all that way."

I don't know if William is just being lazy or he's purposely lying because he has no intention of sending a second replacement and thinks I'm just being nitpicky.

Congrats to you lucky guys that got a "decent" one ... upside down reactor and all.
ichiro51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:33 AM   #147
partgreek
Frackin!

My issue has been resolved! Thanks Sideshow!!
partgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:10 AM   #148
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichiro51 View Post
Well, I'm done with this bust.

Sideshow has refused to offer me another replacement.

This is the first one I received. Note the crooked mouth due to the faceplate being crooked. You can even see light from the left side of his mouth, due to the size of the gap.

This is the replacement I received. Same damn problem, if not worse.

After William Mendoza's first refusal to find a better replacement, I sent him pics from the board -- almost all of them with straight faceplates. He sent me the exact same response... that Sideshow does inspect replacements, and none of their replacements are better than what they have sent me.

I dunno, when I look at the photos on the forum, I would take any of those over the two I received. So I reject that argument that they are "all that way."

I don't know if William is just being lazy or he's purposely lying because he has no intention of sending a second replacement and thinks I'm just being nitpicky.

Congrats to you lucky guys that got a "decent" one ... upside down reactor and all.
Doesn't sound like he said they were "all that way" but that all the replacement busts they had weren't any better than the one you have. So perhaps the replacement busts were ones that were either returned or ones that didn't pass inspection.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:25 AM   #149
Fuzz
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessJay View Post
E-mailed Sideshow over a week ago regarding my Master Chief PF (which is frakk'n amazing) because I noted the left hand isn't fully attached to the arm.

It's right at the wrist where the black glove would tuck into the green armor. Anyone else have this?

Haven't heard from Sideshow yet. I'll try again this week and provide an update in case anyone else has this issue.
My Master Chief arrived with the right hand detached from the arm. Doesn't stay in when the arm is attached to the statue.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20140201_171505.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	280.3 KB
ID:	83689

Name:	20140201_171539.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	159.2 KB
ID:	83690

Replacement arm arrived and didn't even fit into the statue properly.

Name:	Right Arm 1.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	348.4 KB
ID:	83691

Name:	Right Arm 2.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	264.6 KB
ID:	83692

Sideshow advised that there are no more replacements available and are offering the usual paltry $40 credit.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:41 AM   #150
ichiro51
Justice League
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Doesn't sound like he said they were "all that way" but that all the replacement busts they had weren't any better than the one you have. So perhaps the replacement busts were ones that were either returned or ones that didn't pass inspection.

Yes, I don't think I was very clear in my post.

I know not all of the busts have crooked face masks... that was kind of the point of my post. With such a large production run and haphazard quality of these, it's pretty poor planning to have basically zero adequate replacements. Either way, it's bad customer service.
ichiro51 is offline   Reply With Quote