Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-06-2017, 04:16 PM   #4711
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Damn, and I thought I was picky. IMHO, I could understand the disappointment with the difference between the prototype and production piece, but the hair "chips" is taking it to a new level.

If this is a real problem, send the statue back, get a refund, and start a new hobby, cause things can only get worse from here on out.

At this close to the statue I can see many things that make the piece less than brilliant, for example, look at the paint apps around the eyes, the way the white bleeds into the eyelid, or the iris also bleeds over into the eyelid section, look up her nose, the flesh colour continues....Have you looked up a humans nose lately....It tends to fade to black! Finally, in the very shot where you point out the "chip" in the second photo, at this resolution, you can see many casting bubbles....Are they not a bigger problem than the chip? Size wise they certainly seem bigger.

Give yourself an easy life, stop creating drama where there isn't any.
Hmm!.. I just was sharing my experience, and looking for opinions. Yeah i feel like im being picky.. but it is the replacement they sent . Thank you for the advice!
This being one of my favorite characters and the replacement piece for the originally broken piece. Being able to compare 2 side by side. Seeing more defects than the original. In hand, im mostly concerned about the grey visable parts.
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 04:17 PM   #4712
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by House View Post
Thanks Actionjackson, i havent done paint work in many years not even sure what color the hair was.
Even if the color wasn't exactly accurate, its such a small area that it would literally disappear and blend right in once you got a couple feet away.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 04:21 PM   #4713
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I would personally let that go. That is just my opinion, but mine may have these and I never saw them. My vision isn't that good.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 04:24 PM   #4714
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
I would personally let that go. That is just my opinion, but mine may have these and I never saw them. My vision isn't that good.
Thats actually an asset when it comes to statues collecting.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 07:08 PM   #4715
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by House View Post
Hmm!.. I just was sharing my experience, and looking for opinions. Yeah i feel like im being picky.. but it is the replacement they sent . Thank you for the advice!
This being one of my favorite characters and the replacement piece for the originally broken piece. Being able to compare 2 side by side. Seeing more defects than the original. In hand, im mostly concerned about the grey visable parts.
Apologies if my response came off a bit sharp, all I'm suggesting is that, if you want to be hyper picky, at least from the close up photos you posted, there would actually be bigger issues there to fixate on.

I've made a clear stance (for myself obviously) to only lay down cash for a statue once good in hand photos are available....With the exception of Prime1, but that's another story. So, what I'm saying is, once the in hand photos were available of RS, nothing I've seen so far (in terms of gripes or complaints) is surprising or unexpected.

The replacement you got seems to be of the general standard of quality for the production statue, no better and no worse. You could ask for another replacement, but I'd be surprised if you receive anything noticably better.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 08:40 PM   #4716
jerkilroy2
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Anybody having luck with a replacement for the axe hand? Just got a new one but it barely stays on and I mean I can blow on it and it falls off, plus the axe blade is bent out on the top and bottom.
jerkilroy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 08:42 PM   #4717
pokritz17
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerkilroy2 View Post
Anybody having luck with a replacement for the axe hand? Just got a new one but it barely stays on and I mean I can blow on it and it falls off, plus the axe blade is bent out on the top and bottom.
I would recommend an additional magnet, as posted a couple pages back. I plan on doing that myself, seems like a pretty easy fix.

We shouldn't have to do it considering the $$ we shell out, but at least it's not much of a hassle.
pokritz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 08:57 PM   #4718
jerkilroy2
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokritz17 View Post
I would recommend an additional magnet, as posted a couple pages back. I plan on doing that myself, seems like a pretty easy fix.

We shouldn't have to do it considering the $$ we shell out, but at least it's not much of a hassle.
I was thinking about doing that as well but with it being bent outwards also I think I will first try to return it yet again
jerkilroy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 12:41 AM   #4719
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Yes unfortunately I've had to alter and modify several pieces from over the years and I've said same thing, we shouldn't have to do this at all but it's that or you living with said issues!!

Some unexpected situations came up so we had to put our statues on holdthat we're suppose to process this Monday! It was that or cancelling this and skeletor and I want both of these!!

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 04:57 AM   #4720
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Apologies if my response came off a bit sharp, all I'm suggesting is that, if you want to be hyper picky, at least from the close up photos you posted, there would actually be bigger issues there to fixate on.

I've made a clear stance (for myself obviously) to only lay down cash for a statue once good in hand photos are available....With the exception of Prime1, but that's another story. So, what I'm saying is, once the in hand photos were available of RS, nothing I've seen so far (in terms of gripes or complaints) is surprising or unexpected.

The replacement you got seems to be of the general standard of quality for the production statue, no better and no worse. You could ask for another replacement, but I'd be surprised if you receive anything noticably better.
No worries! Again thanks for the insight
House is offline   Reply With Quote