Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-08-2016, 04:33 PM   #951
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

If I was painting 100 statues the same I recon the last 10-20 would be the best due to practice.
Never understood the perceived link between high ES and poor quality.

They paint 8-12 a day to make a living. Once they complete a batch they paint something else.
Why would they suddenly start doing a bad job because they have a lot to do?

Time pressure, poor training and lack of Q.C would be more understandable.
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 04:33 PM   #952
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Anybody get a coupon from SDCC that they were giving out on the floor? I got one and I've pre-ordered 2 things since then that the system won't accept. I mean it's only $30 but still it would be nice to actually use their coupons.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 04:56 PM   #953
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
Anybody get a coupon from SDCC that they were giving out on the floor? I got one and I've pre-ordered 2 things since then that the system won't accept. I mean it's only $30 but still it would be nice to actually use their coupons.
Those are promo codes for http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/?giftcard=y. So basically you can use them on a lot of the in stock items, but not on pre-orders.
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 04:59 PM   #954
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

EX ordered. Now the long wait begins.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 05:53 PM   #955
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
If I was painting 100 statues the same I recon the last 10-20 would be the best due to practice.
Never understood the perceived link between high ES and poor quality.
Well someone could think that the last 10-20 being painted would be rushed because they are tired of doing the same thing over and over.

Nobody knows if the first are done better or the last ones done better. You'd have to get a low ES and a high ES and put them side by side and do this for many different statues to come to a better conclusion.

But no one ever does this plus it's impossible unless you use the same lighting and same camera and same exact angles and even then it's still just a picture and seeing it in person gives you a better perspective.

I'm betting on the best ones would be done by people who are passionate about their job of painting them and could vary depending on their mood on that day and other factors like the paint and brushes themselves. Do they crack open a specific color or do they mix paints to get to a desired hue. Are the brushes ever changed after so many painted ones daily or are they changed weekly or are they changed never? Do they wash these brushes after use? And does that effect the paint app if it gets some paint dried to it because it was washed half @ssed? I honestly don't know so I can only assume which won't give us the proper data to know exactly how any of this is done.
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 05:59 PM   #956
NEMISIS PRIME
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Location: Y'all crazy as hell paying 5k for doom on throne!!!
Wish I had a really good painter on standby I'd love a brown suit vs grey hulk displayed next to this one
NEMISIS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 06:01 PM   #957
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEMISIS PRIME View Post
Wish I had a really good painter on standby I'd love a brown suit vs grey hulk displayed next to this one
There's probably gonna be a variant, similar to how they did Conan Fury of the beast. Most likely no ex for it though, if they do it. ����
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 06:02 PM   #958
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEMISIS PRIME View Post
If you got the money there are tons of great painters around the US if that is the country your in.

Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 06:05 PM   #959
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vpuik View Post
Those are promo codes for http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/?giftcard=y. So basically you can use them on a lot of the in stock items, but not on pre-orders.
Yup there's no shortage of coupons for products nobody wanted in the first place
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 06:30 PM   #960
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Instinct View Post
Well someone could think that the last 10-20 being painted would be rushed because they are tired of doing the same thing over and over.

Nobody knows if the first are done better or the last ones done better. You'd have to get a low ES and a high ES and put them side by side and do this for many different statues to come to a better conclusion.

But no one ever does this plus it's impossible unless you use the same lighting and same camera and same exact angles and even then it's still just a picture and seeing it in person gives you a better perspective.

I'm betting on the best ones would be done by people who are passionate about their job of painting them and could vary depending on their mood on that day and other factors like the paint and brushes themselves. Do they crack open a specific color or do they mix paints to get to a desired hue. Are the brushes ever changed after so many painted ones daily or are they changed weekly or are they changed never? Do they wash these brushes after use? And does that effect the paint app if it gets some paint dried to it because it was washed half @ssed? I honestly don't know so I can only assume which won't give us the proper data to know exactly how any of this is done.
Yeah nobody knows. If I started doing a shoddy job because I was sick of doing the thing I was paid to do I'd expect to be sacked.

Impossible to say which were painted first and last, seeing as the numbers are random and more than one person works on them.

Why are you taking about paintbrushes being washed and changed? Do you know what an airbrush is?
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote