Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 02-21-2008, 09:11 AM   #11
abarron
Batman

Ok try this from BBC

Gazza held after hotel incident
Former England footballer Paul Gascoigne has been detained under the Mental Health Act following an incident at a hotel in Newcastle.
Northumbria Police said a 40-year-old man was detained following an incident of disorderly behaviour at the Malmaison Hotel early on Wednesday.

Officers later visited Mr Gascoigne at Gateshead's Hilton Hotel after concerns were raised about his behaviour.

Police said he was not in custody and was now receiving medical treatment.
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:13 AM   #12
VinReaper
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Location: Out of my mind! Be back in 5 minutes! (+12517 to the Post Count)
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by abarron View Post
Ok try this from BBC

Gazza held after hotel incident
Former England footballer Paul Gascoigne has been detained under the Mental Health Act following an incident at a hotel in Newcastle.
Northumbria Police said a 40-year-old man was detained following an incident of disorderly behaviour at the Malmaison Hotel early on Wednesday.

Officers later visited Mr Gascoigne at Gateshead's Hilton Hotel after concerns were raised about his behaviour.

Police said he was not in custody and was now receiving medical treatment.
What did he do? Hit sounds like he had, what is to me, a regular Friday night out. LOL!

VR
VinReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:15 AM   #13
abarron
Batman

This is the kinda place i live in

Child, 12, guilty of raping boy
A 12-year-old boy has been convicted of raping a younger boy in a garden in Bradford, West Yorkshire.
A jury at Bradford Crown Court heard a boy aged five was forced to perform a sex act on the older boy, in return for being allowed to play on a trampoline.

The boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, has been cleared of similar charges against an eight-year-old.

He will be placed on the Sex Offenders Register and sentenced on 28 March. The incident happened last August.

The Crown Prosecution Service said it believed the 12-year-old boy was the youngest person to be convicted of rape in West Yorkshire.

Neil Franklin, chief crown prosecutor for West Yorkshire, said: "Any case where the perpetrator and victim are both children will always involve extremely difficult decisions and very careful judgement on the part of prosecutors, particularly where there is evidence of a sexual crime.

"We are satisfied that the right decisions were taken in dealing with this case."
Old 02-21-2008, 09:21 AM   #14
VinReaper

Cool

Quote:
This is the kinda place i live in

Child, 12, guilty of raping boy
A 12-year-old boy has been convicted of raping a younger boy in a garden in Bradford, West Yorkshire.
A jury at Bradford Crown Court heard a boy aged five was forced to perform a sex act on the older boy, in return for being allowed to play on a trampoline.

The boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, has been cleared of similar charges against an eight-year-old.

He will be placed on the Sex Offenders Register and sentenced on 28 March. The incident happened last August.

The Crown Prosecution Service said it believed the 12-year-old boy was the youngest person to be convicted of rape in West Yorkshire.

Neil Franklin, chief crown prosecutor for West Yorkshire, said: "Any case where the perpetrator and victim are both children will always involve extremely difficult decisions and very careful judgement on the part of prosecutors, particularly where there is evidence of a sexual crime.

"We are satisfied that the right decisions were taken in dealing with this case."
What it failed to tell us is, "Where were the parents at this time?"

It is primarily there fault. The should be held equally if not more responsible then the child. The old adage you are a refection of your parents is more then an adage it is the truth.

What a terrible thing!

VR
Old 02-21-2008, 10:09 AM   #15
abarron
Batman

I always blame the parents!!
Something i remind mine of constantly
Old 02-21-2008, 10:11 AM   #16
VinReaper

Cool

Quote:
I always blame the parents!!
Something i remind mine of constantly
Absolutely! You reap what you sow! In all senses of the words!

VR
Old 02-21-2008, 10:38 AM   #17
daveyyojimbo
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinReaper View Post

The K9 above is Brutus, a military K9 at McChord. He's huge - part Boxer
and part British Bull Mastiff and tops the scales at 200 lbs. His handler
took the picture. Brutus is running toward me because he knows I have some
Milk Bone treats, so he's slobbering away! I had to duck around a tree just
before he got to me in case he couldn't stop, but he did. Brutus won the
Congressional Medal of Honor last year from his tour in Iraq. His handler
and four other soldiers were taken hostage by insurgents.
Brutus and his handler communicate by sign language and he
gave Brutus the signal that meant 'go away but come back and find me.
The Iraqis paid no attention to Brutus. He came back later and quietly tore
the throat out of one guard at one door and another guard at another door.
He then jumped against one of the doors repeatedly (the guys were being
held in an old warehouse) until it opened. He went in and untied his
handler and they all escaped. He's the first K9 to receive this honor.
If he knows you're ok, he's a big old lug and wants to sit in your lap.
Enjoys the company of cats.

Original Post -Nuff

VR
Amazing! What an awesome dog! I'm gonna teach my chihuahua how to do that.
daveyyojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:49 AM   #18
VinReaper

Cool

Hey Mods!

Again thanks for moving it here! I always make that mistake and put in the General Statue collecting forum by accident.

VR
Old 02-22-2008, 06:58 PM   #19
VinReaper

"Girl" at school was 39-year-old man
Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:58am EST

TOKYO (Reuters) - A Japanese man was arrested for trespassing this week after turning up at a high school dressed in a girl's uniform and a long wig, local police said.

Thirty-nine-year-old Tetsunori Nanpei told police he had bought the uniform over the Internet and put it on to take a stroll near the school in Saitama, north of Tokyo, on Wednesday, the daily Asahi Shimbun said.

When students standing outside the gates started to scream at the sight of him, he dashed inside the school grounds, hoping to blend in with the crowds of teenagers, the paper said.

They also screamed, forcing the man to flee, losing his wig in the process. A school clerk pursued him and stopped him at a nearby riverbank, the paper said.

Police confirmed the arrest of the man in school uniform and wig but declined to give further details.

(Reporting by Isabel Reynolds; Editing by Alex Richardson)

What is this world coming to?

VR
Old 02-22-2008, 07:04 PM   #20
hawkeyethearcher

i watched this on tv today. they had a close up of the plane when it landed. everything was fine. the pilot did a wheely all the way tell he was slow enough and had to put the front down. it was pretty neat to watch since everyone was ok

MIAMI (Reuters)- An American Airlines jetliner with 138 people on board landed safely at Miami International Airport on Friday after being diverted because of a problem with its nose gear, officials said.

The single-aisle MD-80 will be taken out of service for checks, but the rest of American Airlines' 275-strong active fleet of MD-80s will continue flying, said a spokesman for the airline, which is a unit of AMR Corp.

The aircraft was American flight 862 from West Palm Beach, Florida, to Chicago's O'Hare airport, airport spokesman Greg Chin said. The plane circled the airport to burn off fuel before landing safely.

Problems with retracting front landing gear are rare, but not unprecedented, said American Airlines spokesman Tim Smith.

"This was not an extraordinary event," he said. "It is one we train for."

The 133 passengers on the flight will be put on a Boeing 737 flight to Chicago around 6 p.m. EST tonight, Smith said. Boeing's 737 is the usual single-aisle plane American operates out of Miami International Airport.

The MD-80, the workhorse of American Airlines' domestic fleet, was originally made by McDonnell Douglas, which is now part of Boeing. The plane type entered service in 1980 and was last produced in 1999.

A single-aisle, medium-range, twin-engined plane, it is designed to carry as many as 172 passengers, but usually carries around 140 in a typical configuration.
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote