Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Digital Photography

Old 01-22-2014, 10:10 PM   #1
Sithlord32
New Republic

Older newbie photography

These were with my old Canon rebel SLR. I have since switched to a Nikon D700 but have not had much chance to get out and play with it.

Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:02 AM   #2
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

BEAUTIFUL shots. Thank you for sharing.
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:17 AM   #3
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Nice photos sithlord. What made you switch teams to Nikon after being a Canon owner. I have always been a Nikon person from my three generations film SLRs to my three generations of digital SLRs.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:01 AM   #4
Sithlord32
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Nice photos sithlord. What made you switch teams to Nikon after being a Canon owner. I have always been a Nikon person from my three generations film SLRs to my three generations of digital SLRs.
I wanted to upgrade as my cannon was a 1st gen and since then they have advanced much.
Ive always liked Nikon ive had a few of their "disposable" point n shoots and the photo quality was always outstanding.
I wanted to try something different than what I was used to and see if I liked it the only viable successor to the Cannon was the Nikon.
What sold me on this particular camera were the following features:
The feel of the camera in my hand was comfy.It had weight but wasnt too heavy the ergonomics were just spot on for me.
Price range of course was a factor and they had a killer deal on this camera for BF sales at BB.
Tech specs that I wanted. AEB feature with programmable command dials for shooting HDR.
Button access without navigating clumsy menus.
The metering the sensor the 39 AF points, Dual card slots, FPS, VR lenses and old glass backwards compatibility.
The sealed body as im not afraid of getting out in some weather to get some practice. I love storm chasing.
All in all it just seemed to stack up against any other camera in the prosumer market and I wanted something that I could not outgrow for a length of time.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:59 AM   #5
kelikoi
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Beautiful. I like the 4th photo the most. The others are a bit dark but nothing that can't be tweak in PP.

I miss going out and taking photos. Been a while since my last outing. Thanks for sharing.
kelikoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 11:12 AM   #6
Sithlord32
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelikoi View Post
Beautiful. I like the 4th photo the most. The others are a bit dark but nothing that can't be tweak in PP.

I miss going out and taking photos. Been a while since my last outing. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for looking and the praise glad you like them. I havent been out much at all either winter kind of puts a hamper on the desire to want to be outside. Id love to come to Japan and shoot some pictures that would a dream.
Old 02-23-2014, 11:58 PM   #7
kelikoi
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I know what you mean. It’s a pain taking shots outside when it’s below zero degree. But I love taking winter landscapes. Most of my memorable photo shoots were taken during the cold season. Sadly I already moved out of Japan. I’m currently in Indonesia. Where I came from (Philippines), we don’t have autumn or Spring let alone winter.

What lens are you using? I’m more into landscape myself. Having used the 10-22mm in crop body, I’m ready to try out the Canon 16-35mm but can’t afford right now. Please post more if you can. Looking forward to see more winter photos.
kelikoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 02:26 PM   #8
Sithlord32
New Republic

A few more shots I took last fall.This is a house built entirely of sticks and branches woven together.

Some more fall pictures from SJU campus walking paths through the woods. The stone monument is of Sacajawea from 1800.

Old 01-04-2016, 06:13 PM   #9
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I see these are from quite awhile ago but great shots... I especially like the last two fall pics
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote