Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Extraction (2020) - 8.5/10
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 12:02 PM   #26872
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Aguirre, the Wrath of God (1972) - In the 16th century, the ruthless and insane Don Lope de Aguirre leads a Spanish expedition in search of El Dorado.

Ignoring the surreal disconnect of Spanish soldiers speaking German, I very much liked this remarkable piece of work with a Heart of Darkness-like atmosphere that predates Apocalypse Now. 8/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 10:04 PM   #26873
ParisDean

The Scarlet Letter (1926) - After having a child out of wedlock, a young Puritan woman is pressured to reveal the name of her lover.

Lillian Gish as Hester Prynne is the big draw in this silent film and the production is very good as well. I'd love to see a faithful, serious, modern adaptation of the novel. From what I've read, most of the others have not been as good with the 1994 movie starring Demi Moore being the worst. 8/10
Old 07-27-2020, 09:15 AM   #26874
statman
Baron Zemo

The Circle - 3/10
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 02:34 PM   #26875
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

was feeling musical this weekend...

Saturday Night Fever (1977) - This movie was a lot more serious than I remembered, I guess there was a PG cut and an R cut, I must have seen the R cut this time around. Travolta's character...not a nice guy at all...but his dynamic with his family, friends and co-workers was very interesting and dramatic to watch, and he does finally learn to not be human garbage by the end of the movie lol Apparently this was Gene Siskel's favorite movie - 8.5/10

Grease (1978) - Love love love this movie as much today as I did watching it as a kid, and its one of those movies I just can't get sick of no matter how many times I watch it, it always makes me smile. The cast was perfect, they captured their characters personalities exactly right and were so much fun to watch. The music, the dance numbers, the energy were all off the charts, it was clear everyone involved was having a blast making this movie. Also Olivia Newton-John = my first crush lol and Im sure I was not alone! they did an incredible job of making everything feel like it was actually taking place in the 50's, even though it was filmed in the late 70's, never once does anything detract from the 50's feel, and I love all the pop culture references from the time. A movie I honestly cant say i'd change a single thing about even if I could - 10/10
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 03:09 PM   #26876
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Gringo - Amazon Original Film - 7/10

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 03:58 PM   #26877
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Thirteen Ghosts (2001) - I know this movie isn't really seen as a good remake (I can't comment as I haven't seen the original) but I enjoyed it quite a bit. I really liked the design for all the different ghosts, and all of their back stories (regrettably their back stories aren't expanded upon much in the movie, but there was a documentary about them which went into detail on all of their back stories and I found it really interesting) I thought the special effects were good, the story was creative, the ever changing glass house with spells on the walls to keep the ghosts at bay was really neat. There was definitely some cheesy acting and dialogue, and some forced twists, but nothing that really detracted from the movie as a whole. Also the gore was very well done, there was lots of it which I liked, but it was never too over the top, it was done in abundance but still tastefully - 8/10
Old 07-28-2020, 05:58 PM   #26878
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Primal with Nicolas Cage
Totally boring
The animation of the animals is as bad as the film
4/10
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 12:18 PM   #26879
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Dog Soldiers (2002) - I heard good things about this movie, even heard some say its one of the best werewolf movies ever...but after watching it I can't really understand why. The acting, script and special effects were all awful and not even in a 'its so bad its good' kind of way. There were a few entertaining scenes but not enough to make the movie worth watching again that is for sure - 5/10
Old 07-29-2020, 01:42 PM   #26880
ParisDean

Thor: The Dark World (2013) - When the Dark Elves attempt to plunge the universe into darkness, Thor must embark on a perilous and personal journey that will reunite him with doctor Jane Foster.

This is the Thor movie that's rated the lowest by critics and I can see why. It's straightforward and grim without much humor or personality. I liked it however because it's the Thor film that's most true to the comics in which Thor is himself with the Asgardians in Asgard for an entire movie. Because of what happened in the later movies, we'll never see those characters in that majestic environment again. 7/10