Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

View Poll Results: Which XM piece would you purchase? (Only one choice)
XM STUDIOS - WOLVERINE (YELLOW) 7 13.21%
XM STUDIOS - THANOS 46 86.79%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-06-2014, 07:46 PM   #31
Eky
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Hmm
if i have the SS wolverine i would take thanos
If i have the SS thanos i would take XM thanos also ^^

If i have none of them (that's my case) and can purchase only one i would take wolvie because i prefer to diplay him with magneto and i know thanos less than logan (what a noob i am sorry).
Eky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 10:19 PM   #32
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Yeah thats what I'm thinking RM! I mean wolvie has great switch outs too but i think Thanos looks so much more menacing and the base with him looks amazing and fits him so well that the entire package just screams BUY ME NOW! I mean wolvie has an amazing overall package too just feel i am getting more for my buck going in direction of Thanos, thanks everyone!!

Hahaha trust me Titan i wish i could have both but right now i really have to limit my pieces and I've even cancelled most of my collectibles at Sideshow except for my Red Sonja and Wonder WOman and Hellboy…. And even after canceling many other collectibles i can only get two at the moment and I'm getting MAGNETO & THANOS and i think those are two amazing XM pieces to start off with this company if i do say so myself..

Thanks Titan!!

Right on…and i feel the same way we like our heroes but WE LOVE our villains and like you said you don't forget your villains… Thanks, ill get Thanos and agree this wolverine kills Sideshows LSF and thats sad because that was what over $2,000 plus shipping? Don't be sorry to the Sideshow fanboys or girls, thats your opinion and i agree with it…. I love sideshow but some of xm's pieces have as much if not more than Sideshows collectibles that cost over $2,000 and sorry but that shouldn't be happening but it is and thats the reality at this point… Anyway moving on, THANOS YOU ARE MINE! MUHHAHAHHAAHA

Wow, do you know thats one of our favorite pieces (ARH Medusa) and i never knew that artist did this Thanos, great stuff!! Yeah he truly is a master of the craft without a doubt!

Thanks for advise Viper as always and again thanks for turning me on to this new company, if you wouldnt of pmed me months back i probably would of missed out on this company until after lots of the first few dozen collectibles were sold out…. And thanks for the advise on this tough question and i think I'm going towards what most people think and thats to hold off on Wolverine and get this Thanos as there really hasn't been too many Thanos on the market of most companies and can't wait to have this masterpiece in our collection this Thanos and Magneto will be my first of those two characters and what great representations of both characters if you ask me!!

Thank you everyone for your help!

MY FINAL CHOICE IS …….. THANOS!!!! THANOS YOU WILL BE MINE!! MUHAHAHAHA!!!

Sarah

You are very welcome, Sarah. I am glad I was able to help. I think us fans of Marvel characters deserve better then the generally lack luster offerings that Sideshow has been churning out these past few years so it's nice to see XM Studios bringing passion, quality and excellent art direction back to these characters that we all love. These are great times for Marvel collectors thanks to XM Studios.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 11:42 PM   #33
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
You are very welcome, Sarah. I am glad I was able to help. I think us fans of Marvel characters deserve better then the generally lack luster offerings that Sideshow has been churning out these past few years so it's nice to see XM Studios bringing passion, quality and excellent art direction back to these characters that we all love. These are great times for Marvel collectors thanks to XM Studios.
Now, let's hope they get the license to sell to North America...otherwise I have to be very selective.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 04:06 AM   #34
Thor57
Teen Titans

If they get the license here, won't they still be produced over there? Meaning prices are still going to be higher?
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 12:50 PM   #35
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
If they get the license here, won't they still be produced over there? Meaning prices are still going to be higher?
You have to figure that right now each statue has to ship individually so max shipping prices (vs if they were shipped here in bulk numbers) and the stores here have to pay the middle man to get them, so these middle men need to make a profit also so there charging more then what XM would charge if these stores could buy directly from XM.

I'm just guessing here but where Captain America cost most of us $800 to get it do our door, if XM got a license to sell here that price would probably drop to around $550
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 12:56 PM   #36
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
Now, let's hope they get the license to sell to North America...otherwise I have to be very selective.
Agreed RM. That would be fantastic news if it were to happen.
Old 09-07-2014, 02:35 PM   #37
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
Agreed RM. That would be fantastic news if it were to happen.
Do you guys think this will happen? I wonder of we get petition and get collectors to sign to try and get them over to USA if XM-STUDIOS could swing it?

Because myself and my husband have talked and were right were RM is as well as 90% of all other Americans and will have to be very selective and it sucks because there is already 4-6 other pieces I want besides Mags and Thanos and can only get these two so far as those will both cost me almost $2,000 to get those two pieces to our door!! Eeekkk!!

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 03:05 PM   #38
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Thanos = not done so far, looks awesome & I already have the Wolverine PF from SS which is perfect.
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 04:47 PM   #39
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Do you guys think this will happen? I wonder of we get petition and get collectors to sign to try and get them over to USA if XM-STUDIOS could swing it?

Because myself and my husband have talked and were right were RM is as well as 90% of all other Americans and will have to be very selective and it sucks because there is already 4-6 other pieces I want besides Mags and Thanos and can only get these two so far as those will both cost me almost $2,000 to get those two pieces to our door!! Eeekkk!!

Sarah
Well a petition certainly wouldn't hurt, Sarah, but the decision ultimately rests with Marvel/Disney and I bet Sideshow would fight it since it would heavily affect sales of their Marvel line. XM Studios might be able to make a case with Marvel for adding the US to it's licensed territories by using the petition among other things.
Old 09-07-2014, 05:19 PM   #40
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I'd be all for it! These shipping costs are insane!
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote