Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-22-2019, 06:38 PM   #1491
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if they slow play the reveal of a lot of the X-Men. That's a lot of people to enter into an already very crowded MCU.
I wouldn’t even surprised if the first X-Man doesn’t get introduced until the end of the next phase.

Even Feige has said the first 5 years of the next phase have more or less been pre-planned without the introduction of any characters previously held under the Fox banner. Of course things have changed, but I hope it’s planned with a lot of thought and not rushed.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 09:56 PM   #1492
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
How about in the next X-Men films we just don’t have Mystique at all. Please make it so.
I love Mystique as a Villain... Not leader of the X-men like what Fox portrayed her to be in their films.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 06:37 PM   #1493
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

At this point I would be shocked if Sideshow put Storm in a costume that isn't the Jim Lee version. I just hope they are working on variants and that's why we haven't seen her yet.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 01:57 PM   #1494
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Still holding out hope, we get a silhouette of multiple X-men males/females for the X-men line. The domino, cable and new Logan are great pieces but I dont feel like they are a part of the X-Men line, but are great companion pieces to the line. SDCC could be 50% X-universe, with last years reveals,everything we have seen this year so far and what has yet to be revelaed.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 02:08 PM   #1495
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Just waiting for Gambit here...nothing to see.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 11:34 PM   #1496
Thundercats-NO
Shadowhawk

Hasbro announced the retro wave

Storm’s silver Lee costume looks the best of the 3

White costume looks too bland

Thundercats-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 12:59 AM   #1497
Peedi
The Secret Six

Yeah, definitely waiting for Gambit. I will absolutely get a 2nd 1/4 Gambit. I’m just curious how they’ll change the costume.

Same with Storm. It’s likely she’d get the Lee costume since Rogue, Jean and Psylocke did. But maybe not. The first wave of X-Men PFs in 90s costumes she was in her 70s costume so who knows. Selfish here, I want something different since I have XM Storm but there’s only 420 of them and it’s a popular costume, it makes sense for ss to make the popular costume more available. Props to XM for making the costume white and grey but I’d hope ss would make theirs all silver. Or just do a different costume.

If they even make another Storm. She’s a popular character but her 1/4 statues so far have had pretty low ES. She might not be a good seller of statues?
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 01:23 AM   #1498
Peedi
The Secret Six

The often forgotten black costume was a precursor to Jim Lee’s silver or white costume. Basically Jim Lee took elements from the black costume and redesigned it into the more popular version. Instead of the Xs on the shoulders and the yellow stripe it should have a lightning bolt across it. The first Storm action figure was that costume.

The original figure even had the hair style right where as the artwork didn’t.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 01:27 AM   #1499
Thundercats-NO
Shadowhawk

I love that vintage Toy Biz Figure

I think I had Colossus and Storm

The variant was silver, I don’t think her costume was white in comics

I think that comic is the 1st Appearance of Jubilee
Thundercats-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 01:29 AM   #1500
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Yeah, definitely waiting for Gambit. I will absolutely get a 2nd 1/4 Gambit. I’m just curious how they’ll change the costume.

Same with Storm. It’s likely she’d get the Lee costume since Rogue, Jean and Psylocke did. But maybe not. The first wave of X-Men PFs in 90s costumes she was in her 70s costume so who knows. Selfish here, I want something different since I have XM Storm but there’s only 420 of them and it’s a popular costume, it makes sense for ss to make the popular costume more available. Props to XM for making the costume white and grey but I’d hope ss would make theirs all silver. Or just do a different costume.

If they even make another Storm. She’s a popular character but her 1/4 statues so far have had pretty low ES. She might not be a good seller of statues?
Given their release schedule so far, I'd say we're at least getting four more X-MEN. They've been scheduling one release per month, and the latest Sabertooth pre-order gives us openings for October and November 2019, and February, March 2020.

We can almost guarantee Gambit and Storm. And Gambit will undoubtedly be a Maquette so they can milk another 200 USD from the anticipation.

And if we're talking Jim Lee era, we can expect Beast, Cyclops, Colossus, Nightcrawler, or Jubilee to remain on the table.

Colossus would likely be a another Maquette, with the others being standard (overpriced) PFs.

Thoughts?
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote