Totally agree
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 10:01 PM   #322
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araxel View Post
Yeah even though what you said is a contradiction:
not collecting for value, while being concerned about value, I totally understand you and feel the same.

I preordered Black Cat regular for 500€, I thought low ES and the lovely face and pose would make her sell out quickly, just to find one 3 weeks later for 350€, EX too.... guess she wasn't popular at all.

I still love her, but every time I walk by I think about the missed bargain and her potential low resale value, if I ever chose to sell her, which I highly doubt.

On topic:

I'm really waiting for the reveal, the last PF from Sideshow is great and since it's still available I have hopes for a reasonable price (lol).
It’s not a contradiction though. I collected the characters I have solely because I liked the character and sculpt. If they go up or down in value, so be it, I got who I wanted. But since I have sold a few statues for less than retail that’s why I used Jean as an example, since I don’t care about the Ex it probably just makes more sense to buy an aftermarket Reg for less money later. Either way, I’m buying the statue because I like the character. Value didn’t influence my decision to collect, in that case it influences how I’m buying.

Spider-Man on the other hand, I’d order the Ex regardless of anything.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 04:54 PM   #323
zombiegalactus
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Pre order on June 27th. Looks like the McFarlane portrait is the EX. It's in the coming soon section on SS.
zombiegalactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 06:14 PM   #324
Peedi
The Secret Six

It took way too long for this to hit since it was seen at the same time as Punisher. Glad this finally going up, I’M READY!!!

Lol the Ex is the exact opposite of their last Spidey PF, normal eyes regular, squinty eyes Ex, now reversed, its squinty eyes regular, normal eyes Ex. Creativity.

The McFarlane eyes don’t quite fit this to me. If you do the McFarlane eyes you have to do the smaller web pattern on the costume to match just like McFarlane drew (and the darker blue like McFarlane... and the armpit webs). Sideshow likes their lines, and I actually like this statue, but the classic McFarlane eyes just look out of place to me on this sideshowfied costume.

These statues got it right:

Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 09:27 PM   #325
Harbinger176
The Spirit

With this newer version of Spider-Man coming out, I hope SS will devote more attention to Spidey's foes just like they're doing for the X-Men.

Don't need another redo for Carnage or Venom.
Harbinger176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 12:23 AM   #326
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed with this. The eye squinting is ridiculous and the McFarlane eyes look out of place. I was really looking forward to this because it has superior detail over the previous versions, but come on...this is a total fail in my book. I'm guessing $680 for the collector and $700 for the exclusive at the rate prices have been increasing. Hard pass. I'm going to pick up the one they're still selling for under $500. Was so hopeful for this one too ...
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 02:56 AM   #327
Amazing Peter
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I need a doc oc ,xm one is awesome hope ss does one
Amazing Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 05:41 AM   #328
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I got both the last Spiderman PF and symbiote in the aftermarket a whole lot cheaper, and consider the pose way better than this new Spidey coming out. Ill wait it out on this one as well and get it $250 less than what SS is going to put it out for. People say they dont care for value, thats good for me. Go ahead waste your money paying full price. Ill just wait for you to pass it off cheaper to me when it comes time for you to sell. People that purchase direct and pay full price currently, are a bit foolish with their cash flow. I guarantee if everyone stopped buying direct and just continued purchasing in the aftermarket, SS would have no choice but to lower their retail prices.
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 10:52 AM   #329
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Went back and rewatched the nycc video RT did and I'm just not liking this statue. Maybe when I see sideshows detailed pics next week my opinion will change, but as of now I'm not liking what I'm seeing. This will probably be 600$+ too.

Only positive (hopefully) out of this is that they may finally give us a doc ock statue.
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 03:33 PM   #330
Silverfox
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
It took way too long for this to hit since it was seen at the same time as Punisher. Glad this finally going up, I’M READY!!!

Lol the Ex is the exact opposite of their last Spidey PF, normal eyes regular, squinty eyes Ex, now reversed, its squinty eyes regular, normal eyes Ex. Creativity.

The McFarlane eyes don’t quite fit this to me. If you do the McFarlane eyes you have to do the smaller web pattern on the costume to match just like McFarlane drew (and the darker blue like McFarlane... and the armpit webs). Sideshow likes their lines, and I actually like this statue, but the classic McFarlane eyes just look out of place to me on this sideshowfied costume.

These statues got it right:

What company makes the crouched Spidey prototype?
Silverfox is offline   Reply With Quote