Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 01-30-2019, 11:16 PM   #1
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Let's pick up the pace in this section

TC's recent post announcing his new theme signaled his triumphant return to comic art collecting ... and reminded me of the best years for this section. This got me thinking we should try and liven things up here again. The SF comic art section was always a favorite place to see new art and talk about new pages, commissions, and general art news.

So how do we do this? I think a lot of us (certainly myself included) have just stopped posting here. It could be that we are more active on social media, other forums, and/or just slowed down on posting altogether (I am most guilty of this). So, the answer is to try and make a more conscious effort to start threads and post on those that others start.

I have a large portion of my collection offline so I am going to make an effort to put up something once or twice a week to do my part.

What do you think? Am I crazy? Would you like to see more art conversation here again? Thoughts?

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 11:48 PM   #2
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I can only speak for myself that I’ve slowed down on my art collecting. Mostly because I haven’t been to a con for years and jump on lists when I see them on social media. I have also Gotten a few more statues to fill the geek room. But I do try to pay attention to these threads bc I love and I loved how we used to help each get commissions.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 12:05 AM   #3
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

I only get a couple pieces a year now from Chris Uminga. I do miss artists interacting here and starting lists on here. Was fun back in the day.
pavehawk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 12:49 AM   #4
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I can only speak for myself that I’ve slowed down on my art collecting. Mostly because I haven’t been to a con for years and jump on lists when I see them on social media. I have also Gotten a few more statues to fill the geek room. But I do try to pay attention to these threads bc I love and I loved how we used to help each get commissions.
I really enjoyed your thread for your Storm piece - those are the kind of thread I think we need more of. I posted 2 pieces of art today and will try to keep them coming.

CAF
Old 01-31-2019, 12:50 AM   #5
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavehawk78 View Post
I only get a couple pieces a year now from Chris Uminga. I do miss artists interacting here and starting lists on here. Was fun back in the day.
Care to post a thread with the Uminga pieces you have added to your collection but not shared? Personally, I love Uminga art and seeing TC's post got my wheels turning for another piece from him this year.

CAF
Old 01-31-2019, 01:23 AM   #6
Mean Green
Fantomah

Worthy movement! I was definitely a little deflated after my break to see this section cool off. But our small but fun group is all we ever needed, you guys just need to get up and start sharing more

And personally, nothing wrong with some of the other social media groups, but there are just too many personalities to handle there. I prefer the SF community much more.
Mean Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 10:20 AM   #7
IG-64
Justice League

For me, personally, I've slowed down a lot as I've both gotten a lot of things I wanted, and have been largely priced out of the rest of the things I want. I still check in on this place every now and then though, but have also found other places, like the forum at CGC and some FB groups. Haul posts are always welcome, and I could certainly post a few things I've gotten in the past year, but some things I like about the other forums and groups I've checked out are the discussions about other things related to the hobby.
IG-64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 10:53 AM   #8
boibleu22
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I'm still fairly new to art collecting as i've only been collecting since 2017... seeing some of you guys post some jaw dropping pieces def makes me a bit shy about posting some of the pieces from my meager collection.

Having said that, conversation is always great.
boibleu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 11:20 AM   #9
FredChamberlain
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I'm in.
FredChamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 11:29 AM   #10
Augen
The Hulk

I thought I should post art purchases in my collection thread. Would it be duplicating to have an art thread in this section as well?
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote