Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Action Figures / Toys / Trading Cards

Old 05-13-2012, 12:53 AM   #1
MartyMcFly160
A day without sunshine is like... night.

TO OPEN, OR NOT TO OPEN, THAT IS THE QUESTION.

so i have been always talking to fellow collectors about if they open their collectibles or leave mint in packaging.

i have ---- loads of action figures and i leave them mint in packaging but find it a pain in the ass to display them. the other day i saw pics of two rooms of people i know who open their collectibles and have a mean set up which blew me away. . . i am torn right now because i hate opening up my collectibles but seeing how nice they had their stuff set up is making me think twice. . .

we all know leaving them in packaging is a better pay off in the long run as far as value go, but i've seen loose figures go for a lot also which always make me wonder how much would have they gone if they were mint in the packaging.

what do you guys do in regards to your collection?
do you leave figures mint in boxes/blister cards or do you guys say to the hell with it and open them to display them?
MartyMcFly160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:12 AM   #2
Brian R.
The Riddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyMcFly160 View Post
so i have been always talking to fellow collectors about if they open their collectibles or leave mint in packaging.

i have ---- loads of action figures and i leave them mint in packaging but find it a pain in the ass to display them. the other day i saw pics of two rooms of people i know who open their collectibles and have a mean set up which blew me away. . . i am torn right now because i hate opening up my collectibles but seeing how nice they had their stuff set up is making me think twice. . .

we all know leaving them in packaging is a better pay off in the long run as far as value go, but i've seen loose figures go for a lot also which always make me wonder how much would have they gone if they were mint in the packaging.

what do you guys do in regards to your collection?
do you leave figures mint in boxes/blister cards or do you guys say to the hell with it and open them to display them?
Open them and display them. I think it looks great when teams are displayed together, and you can't do that while they're still in the packaging.
Brian R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:45 PM   #3
Ricky Bobby
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I am one of those ppl who leave it in the packaging...i just think the packaging in most cases has a nice background and looks better that way hanging off the wall
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:58 PM   #4
tedmic
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I am in the same boat in regards to action figures. Figures that I like a lot I will buy 2. One to open and 1 MOC. Some figures are too expensive to open. For example I had ONE MU regular Vision figure that I never opened and recently sold for $110 on Ebay. I couldn't resist THAT price. I also have a Fantastic Four Classics Dragon Man and NEVER opened him since I only got one way back when. the last four auctions on Ebay sold for $300, $350, $425 and there's another at $500 with one day left! I think I may put mine up on Ebay soon!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110879878835...84.m1423.l2649
tedmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:13 PM   #5
Ricky Bobby
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedmic View Post
I am in the same boat in regards to action figures. Figures that I like a lot I will buy 2. One to open and 1 MOC. Some figures are too expensive to open. For example I had ONE MU regular Vision figure that I never opened and recently sold for $110 on Ebay. I couldn't resist THAT price. I also have a Fantastic Four Classics Dragon Man and NEVER opened him since I only got one way back when. the last four auctions on Ebay sold for $300, $350, $425 and there's another at $500 with one day left! I think I may put mine up on Ebay soon!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110879878835...84.m1423.l2649

Holy snaps dude...thats one pricey Dragon Man...good thing you kept yours in the box
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:57 PM   #6
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

I open most of mine.

pavehawk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:04 PM   #7
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

There really is no right/wrong answer so you just have to go with what you like. I personally open everything and let em breathe. I see a lot of impressive displays of figures in package n the wall but I am more into seeing the figs out of the package than the toy store figs on pegs look.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:28 PM   #8
bebohawk
What's another word for Thesaurus?

In my case I preffer to leave In the package I just love how impressive they look on the wall
bebohawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:48 AM   #9
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

holy $hit, pave, do your toys have their own room, or what?
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:55 AM   #10
Rocket
Art of Mod

As you guys know I'm a MIB man, but I gotta admit there's a lot to be said for displaying figs open also

Brian, your stuff looks AWESOME mate!!!

Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote