Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-19-2024, 12:17 PM   #31
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
They have plenty of amazing pieces, probably moreso than anyone else. I get that you are mad at the customer service, but don't let that blind you. I am not a fan of their business practices either, but you can't deny the products. I was kind of surprised they would "hold" statues in the first place to try and save you guys money. They didn't have to do that.
Oh, I do like their statues - if I didn't, I wouldn't have spent so much over the years with them. Maybe it's just my personal scale of what I would consider amazing. I just don't think there are any statues out there that reach that level. Again, it's probably just my definition of "amazing".

As for the holding - yeah, I agree with you. I thought it was a great gesture. And I do get that they don't want to do that anymore, so I have no issue with any of these things. It's the last three days that made me start to blow a blood vessel.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 12:21 PM   #32
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMo View Post
I've stopped ordering from overseas companies because of shipping prices, I just refuse to pay another 25 to 70% more of the statue price on shipping. What a waste of money and why support these shipping companies. What I do now is buy local or for something sold out, I'll buy local on the secondary market at close to retail, this way the original buyer has swallowed the shipping price and I get to save on shipping. Trust me it works.
So the original reason I was purchasing from them was because their economy shipping was substantially cheaper than Sideshow's to the east coast of the US plus tax. Also, Sideshow still seemed to do that repackage thing with returns. When getting an older statue, you have a higher chance of that with Sideshow (maybe it's changed now, but that has been something they've done for over a decade).
Old 01-19-2024, 02:00 PM   #33
Python
Omega Red

Prime 1 are a mixed bag. They make incredible statues, but their business practices are atrocious at times. I've only dealt with their CS Once and they were okay tbf, sad to hear that is also declining. They could do with a bit of a rebranding. Keep the talented people making the priducts.... Restart and Improve the rest.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 04:06 PM   #34
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

This is why I strongly suggest if you 100% know you want a Prime 1 piece, won't cancel and live in the US get it through Sideshow, Comic Concepts (Georgia so might be cheaper) or Secret Compass. Not saying they're perfect but it beats the alternative Cmac.

Between the extra paperwork with FedEx, newish customs charges, the still static increased shipping costs and the crap customer service it's just not worth ordering directly from them anymore.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 06:09 PM   #35
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
Oh, I do like their statues - if I didn't, I wouldn't have spent so much over the years with them. Maybe it's just my personal scale of what I would consider amazing. I just don't think there are any statues out there that reach that level. Again, it's probably just my definition of "amazing".
The Treebeard statue by Weta is amazing. The fact we get statues by the actual movie artists and Oscar winners is amazing.

But Prime1 statues are decent enough
Jon_Boston_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 06:15 PM   #36
aa909
The Green Hornet

based on the massive discounts, the super high shipping prices and flood of statues that hit the market the past 3 years I reckon to say many of these companies (including Prime 1) are struggling to remain profitable at the moment.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 01:40 AM   #37
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Prime 1 are a mixed bag. They make incredible statues, but their business practices are atrocious at times. I've only dealt with their CS Once and they were okay tbf, sad to hear that is also declining. They could do with a bit of a rebranding. Keep the talented people making the priducts.... Restart and Improve the rest.
I've dealt with their CS multiple times in the past. They've been mostly average, but my worst encounter prior to this mess was when after I bought a statue, they tell me they are out of it two months later. The negative was I had so much time prior to buy it from a bunch of places, and they waited two months after it was paid to let me know. By that time, it was sold out everywhere else. They did give me 2.000 points as an apology, but really that shouldn't have happened in the first place. Thankfully Todd at SpecFiction came through for me.
Old 01-20-2024, 01:47 AM   #38
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
This is why I strongly suggest if you 100% know you want a Prime 1 piece, won't cancel and live in the US get it through Sideshow, Comic Concepts (Georgia so might be cheaper) or Secret Compass. Not saying they're perfect but it beats the alternative Cmac.

Between the extra paperwork with FedEx, newish customs charges, the still static increased shipping costs and the crap customer service it's just not worth ordering directly from them anymore.
Well Sideshow I avoid unless I'm buying something when it first comes out. Anything after that, and I've gotten repackages more than once. Specfiction has a lot of good shipping prices and Todd has been great with me in the past. I've moved most of my purchases over to him.

The FedEx paperwork hit me with a JND piece. That's some BS FedEx has with the government. I think there's something shady going on with it as I haven't had that issue with any other shipping company. Prior to to that form, I once got hit by FedEx with an import tax on goods that shouldn't have received it and they wouldn't budge even after I proved they shouldn't be charging for it. I wish companies wouldn't use them, but it's not like we get many choices.

I do agree about the customer service thing. It's like customer service is non-existent in a lot of these countries.
Old 02-21-2024, 09:07 PM   #39
Koffin59
Frackin!

How do you like comic concepts?
Koffin59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 03:03 PM   #40
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koffin59 View Post
How do you like comic concepts?
I never used them. I'm pretty much buying 100% from Todd at SpecFiction at this point.