Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-25-2021, 02:58 AM   #1001
Zoldner
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidgadium View Post
Lol, if theres one thing I've learned from judging statues by a few pictures and videos is that I shouldn't and just wait to have it in hand. There's too many "looks like" and "might haves" out there based on speculation from a grainy or badly lit image/video. I can't see P1 dropping the ball on such an anticipated piece, in fact they rarely do. I'm waiting until I have mine in hand to make a final decision.
Agreed. I'm Totally going to wait for this one before I do something stupid like cancel my order. I Just really want this one to come out close to prototype. Hope we can get some better pics soon from collectors. I just hope Prime one puts a little more focus on this one since its such a big and expansive piece. 4 heads, 4 hands. Light up functions. Very front page stuff. Also noticed the upper mandibles have been redone also. I actually think they look better on the consumer version.
Zoldner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 04:42 AM   #1002
Python
Omega Red

That body picture looks really bad, but it's also a low quality image. The first images of the City hinter last week looked underwhelming, only for much better images to sow up shortly after and make it look like an entirely different statue. We see this all the time, I think it's just an unwritten law in this hobby that the first peron to post pictures has to try and give everybody else whom preordered the statue heart palpitations. This thing is super expensive!! If I'm not entirely happy, I'll drop my order in a heartbeat. But I'm not forming that opinion until we've seen a few more in hand pictures and opinions. Hopefully soon, and hopefully more convincing than what we've seen so far.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 06:32 PM   #1003
Halcyon
Loki

Not enough pictures from this predator to judge yet, and I see good stuff too (e.g. his hands and feet are great).

Some questions I get looking at these pics:
- Really thought the scorpion was sculpted, but don't see it on his rock and that rock is too much covered with those really fake plants. Still hope the scorpion is sculpted resin and not small plastic thingy.
- Geesh, after so many statues, wish they come up with better looking plants. Now we have to look for some ourselves.
- Also thought the dog tags where added/sculpted in the pile of blood and gore. Those are not there either.
- Looks like we get 2x 3 skulls instead of only three with the bag. But are the extra three now glued to the rockbase? I hope not, proto was loose. And these also look tad smaller than the skull with spine and the ones in the bag.
- The second blade is glued in crooked angle. Which is distracting.
- The lenses of the gort mask look missing (hollow instead of rounded). At least the gloss.
- The weathering on the armor is far less than the proto.
- I hope skin textures on his body are better visible with new pictures. Something seems missing atm.

Anyhow, very exiting this is coming out already.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 06:51 PM   #1004
Halcyon
Loki

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
Also I might paint the vein in his bicep with a subtle light hue of blue, which I'm not seeing, which was done on the proto shown.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shoosh View Post
^ Interesting thought came to my mind. If he bleeds green, would the blood still reflect a bluish-hue under the skin like ours?
@Mr. Shoosh, LOL at Green blood with veins combo.

@Vile, Yes I loved the thick vein visible on bicep too.
Think it is not easy to add/blend in, ourselves.
Old 04-25-2021, 07:18 PM   #1005
Zoldner
Fantastic Four

I could really do without the dog tags if they are going to screw it up. The Proto had a perfect amount of blood. The recent photos looks like someone just took a brush and went (PLOP) ..Time for lunch. If it comes with this big red stain, going to have to seriously look at painting over it all together. Pretty nasty if they do not put any effort into to it. Overall it does look forgivable when taken all in. The Real downer tho is the base. Its just waaay to busy. Scorpion, Python. Skulls. Dog tag. Bone bits.. At what point does it start to look like he's standing on garbage can. I would have gave it all up for a long thick brown boa that wrapped around the whole thing to accent the predators colors. like two hunters in one statue. Would have looked way better then the garbage can. Only thing missing is the kitchen sink. Think I will replace the dog tag with a set of car keys if I video review. Just to drive the point home .
Zoldner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 08:05 PM   #1006
Blade3327
Nightwing

I didn't mind those easter eggs on the prototype since they were subtle. But a big red plop will draw way too much attention to the tags now. A small downgrade in production is understandable, but going from a properly blended pool of blood to what looks like a wax stamp is ridiculous at this price point.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 08:36 PM   #1007
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
@Mr. Shoosh, LOL at Green blood with veins combo.

@Vile, Yes I loved the thick vein visible on bicep too.
Think it is not easy to add/blend in, ourselves.
The vein is actually in the sculpt, on the proto at least. Not sure if it's there on production? It's an embossed detail sticking out a little, so it's literally just one stroke of a tiny brush to highlight it. Just water down the paint and practice on something else, until you get the desired shade down pat.

As far as the base goes: I don't have any issues with the little easter eggs making it look too busy. The scorpion & dog-tags are tiny little items that are hard to see & won't distract from the JH imo. I like the skulls & snake too. It gives the eyes a feast. I'm more concerned about the water effect being skimped out, but I mentioned that enough already. Lol...
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 02:58 AM   #1008
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoldner View Post
The Real downer tho is the base. Its just waaay to busy. Scorpion, Python.

It's a minor point, but one I guess I should be expected to pick up on given my forum name But that is definitely no Python. As somebody who has quite a love for snakes (Australian Pythons particularly) I'm not even sure what that is. I actually hope that the snake is removable as it's irked me a bit from the very beginning. It seems to be a very poor attempt at an Bush Viper if anything given the roughness of its scales. Shame they didn't get it right as they're unbelievably beautiful in reality.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 05:29 AM   #1009
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoldner View Post
I could really do without the dog tags if they are going to screw it up. The Proto had a perfect amount of blood. The recent photos looks like someone just took a brush and went (PLOP) ..Time for lunch.
..it start to look like he's standing on garbage can.

A lot of bases i get this feeling, but not with this one (proto was perfect balance imo). Except those plastic plants of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
I didn't mind those easter eggs on the prototype since they were subtle. But a big red plop will draw way too much attention to the tags now.
I like them too, but on the pictures of base (chinese collector). I believe the dog tags and even the scorpion are not there (atm). Or they are just small loose trinkets and not sculpted in (would be a shame). Then prob will not add them, bcs like you said they won't blend in base and stick out like sore thumb.

And what do you think about the 3 skulls between his feet. I cross my fingers they are loose like proto. But you can look underneath big part of them, so maybe these are glued (factory mistake).

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
The vein is actually in the sculpt, on the proto at least. Not sure if it's there on production? It's an embossed detail sticking out a little..

I don't have any issues with the little easter eggs making it look too busy.
The vein is there, but in picture paint highlight is missing. Mostly when paint is missing on first one or two pictures. It is skipped by factory.
Looking forward to your picture, if/when you add paint details.
Old 04-26-2021, 05:59 AM   #1010
Halcyon
Loki

This is an awesome statue no doubt.
But 1050 with multiple switchouts is alot of difficult paintwork. Hopefully most of them will turn out gorgeous in hand.

Edit;
There are just additional pictures posted on facebook (same guy with the misalignment).
Also the regular mask, which is loose.

In his video ALL the elements on the base are LOOSE!! Looks like one big puzzle.
Snake / all the plastic leaves / the skulls / wrist blades.

The scorpion is there at least