Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-23-2024, 05:39 AM   #1
Cygor
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

XM Delivery trouble and other problems.

Hi

Over a little more then a year it seems that XM have completely stopped communicating on all aspects regarding the business.

I'll copy pasta what I wrote on Facebook:

"Why XM are willingly pissing away all the good will they have accumulated over the years is baffling.
Maybe the coffers are empty and they will bolt in the night (like oniri creations)

Funny thing is this period off apathy towards the community started after the disagreement over the Mr Sinister design
I guess the people who run XM really are that childish"

While I would never ever wanna spread F.U.D (Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt) XM seem to have wierd future ahead.
Cygor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 07:42 AM   #2
Halcyon
Loki

My personal guess looking at the major change (time frame) in communication and lower pace of manufacturing is because XM Chief (Ben Ang) changed (too rapidly) towards other type business model (Less in house and more pushing/selling other studios work).

Also Ang Seng had a break from weekly posting statue progress on FB. Maybe some internal friction about job description too? (maybe he is allowed to make fewer decisions now) bcs he obviously did a lot himself (incl painting samples and factory communication).

XM had a great pace of producing very nice 1/4 statues.

Imo they focus too much on their specific 'samurai style' statues lately. Could result in less PO and sales outside Asia.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 10:10 PM   #3
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I can't possibly imagine why they didn't respond to you; I mean you were so mature, reasonable and level-headed about it.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 10:27 PM   #4
SparkyMW
Fantastic Four

Lol
SparkyMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 12:28 AM   #5
Cygor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
I can't possibly imagine why they didn't respond to you; I mean you were so mature, reasonable and level-headed about it.
Hi

If you don't mind telling me, what did you find immature, unreasonable and not level-headed about my post?
Old 04-24-2024, 12:29 AM   #6
qz33
Doctor Doom

Life is much better without having money or emotions tied up in statue companies.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 12:36 AM   #7
Cygor

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Life is much better without having money or emotions tied up in statue companies.
I guess I'm maybe being a little emotional

I guess what is baffling is why XM would choose this path.
Old 04-24-2024, 12:41 AM   #8
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygor View Post
I guess I'm maybe being a little emotional

I guess what is baffling is why XM would choose this path.
I think it is pretty obvious something has/is happening to XM in the current climate at least as far as we all have come to expect. Is that really surprising?

I have never ever seen any of these companies come out and say they are having problems. Is that surprising either?
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 07:59 AM   #9
Cygor

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I think it is pretty obvious something has/is happening to XM in the current climate at least as far as we all have come to expect. Is that really surprising?

I have never ever seen any of these companies come out and say they are having problems. Is that surprising either?
I have, Tsume Art came out in mid 2018 and said things were "fubar"(Delivery times and statue quality) sure, they got alot of ire from the community but it was the right thing to do imo.
Old 04-25-2024, 03:04 AM   #10
Aussiebot
The Spirit

I dunno, haven't they just done 2 Member's Nights in recent months? If they were having trouble, why open their doors to the general public and show off works in progress etc?
Aussiebot is offline   Reply With Quote