Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 10-06-2014, 06:04 PM   #2911
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyester View Post
& yet again a little more moaning. I tell you its no wonder Jerry doesnt comment here anymore. If it was me I would have left you moaners to it a long long time ago
OH GOD PEOPLE BEING EXCITED AND WANTING YOUR PRODUCT. ALL THIS WHINGING IS KILLING YOU!
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 06:13 PM   #2912
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyester View Post
& yet again a little more moaning. I tell you its no wonder Jerry doesnt comment here anymore. If it was me I would have left you moaners to it a long long time ago
Some of us have 10+ pre-orders with Pcs. Its expected for folks to be anxious and excited about the statues.

I wish the process of ordering and waiting to get it would be only 6 months or less.
chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 06:14 PM   #2913
Mitch07137
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

One at a time folks lets see Sim!
Mitch07137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 05:41 PM   #2914
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Hard to believe 10 months have passed so quickly. I'd love to see some updated pics of this awesome piece!

How's production going?
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 05:45 PM   #2915
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Update!

Jerry has posted in the Q/A thread that final samples have been approved for Balrog, and production can now start.

He also said that he's hoping for January. For completion or delivery, I do not know.

My concerns (more like thoughts/inquiries, not complaints) are.

1) I'm somewhat amazed that Ten months after P/O he's just now heading into production.

2) Does January seem realistic? I'm thinking April at the earliest, most likely June.

Anyone else have any thoughts? It can't really go from Zero to Delivery by Jan, can it?
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 06:03 PM   #2916
Grayfox117
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
Update!

Jerry has posted in the Q/A thread that final samples have been approved for Balrog, and production can now start.

He also said that he's hoping for January. For completion or delivery, I do not know.

1) I'm somewhat amazed that Ten months after P/O he's just now heading into production.

2) Does January seem realistic? I'm thinking April at the earliest, most likely June.

Anyone else have any thoughts? I can't really go from Zero to Delivery by Jan, can it?

I agree on both points. When I first read on the Q&A thread that Jerry said Jan I had to . I think April/May in customers hands. Sorry Jerry but that doesn't sound realistic. Not even if he just means done in China let alone shipping them to customers . Hopefully I'm wrong and by now the factories have learned how to more correctly estimate production and can deliver on what they say.
The fact that production is barely starting also reinforces the above statement.
Grayfox117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 11:37 PM   #2917
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

Well, apparently the ninjas went into production only like 4 months before they were shipped or so. SO...that was like....19 months in development before they went into production lol. Seems like it really doesn't take long at all to bust them out , its just the development stage or whatever it's called and gettin all the stuff right that takes forever.
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 02:45 AM   #2918
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post

Anyone else have any thoughts? It can't really go from Zero to Delivery by Jan, can it?
I'm 99% certain he was referring to January as the date when the statues will be done and ready to ship from China. (...but I think you are closer to the mark with April-June)

It would be interesting to hear a thorough breakdown of the process. As s_paulik mentioned, apparently the time from pouring the molds thru painting is only about 1/3 of the process. I can't believe the other 2/3 takes as long as it does(even when factoring in delays from other projects being worked on).

Jerry has stated that he has tried to delay PO until further into the process, as well as delaying due dates months after the factories tell him...and yet products still get delayed from that. In the end, the only words that seem to matter are "when it's ready".
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 07:35 PM   #2919
halfamazing
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I thought they don't do any shipping from China in January/February due to the Chinese New Year, so I'm hoping Jerry meant shipping from PCS (very unlikely though)
halfamazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 11:11 PM   #2920
dao2
Cyclops

Jan yes, if not on the water by feb it's wait till march I believe.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote