Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-13-2020, 03:06 PM   #101
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Was the Manson compound fiction also?
I liked to think the Bruce Lee scene was fact based on witness accounts - i guess not
The compound existed, hence what made it so full of dread to me. Pitt's character did not exist so that interaction much like his with Lee's was fictional.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 04:20 PM   #102
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
The compound existed, hence what made it so full of dread to me. Pitt's character did not exist so that interaction much like his with Lee's was fictional.
Me to. I expected the worst for the old guy (owner).
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 04:59 AM   #103
ukshaun
Hercules

Congrats!

I watched the film at the cinema, and it takes a lot to drag me to the cinema these days (i go to the cinema about once every two years).
Sure Joke made for grim viewing. The picture, the audio, Joaquin Phoenix performance, all added up to something special.

The Bluray drops today in the UK. Now that i know about Joker, i need to see it some more.
Old 02-11-2020, 04:51 PM   #104
ukshaun
Hercules

Having seen Joker at the cinema and forming my own opinions, then looking online at suggestions Joker never left the asylum?

Today i got to watch the Blu-ray. I don't buy into the theory Joker never left the asylum. Sure there are moments that only happen in his mind, such as hanging out withe the neighbor (which is made clear during the film).
Old 11-03-2020, 04:01 PM   #105
StefanCo
The Spirit

Quote:
Having seen Joker at the cinema and forming my own opinions, then looking online at suggestions Joker never left the asylum?

Today i got to watch the Blu-ray. I don't buy into the theory Joker never left the asylum. Sure there are moments that only happen in his mind, such as hanging out withe the neighbor (which is made clear during the film).
I didn't have the impression much was in his head, other than the dating the neighbor and his stand up succes. I had the idea the bad start of his routine was real, and the whole stand up routine was a disaster in reality, but in his mind it went all great.
StefanCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 04:52 PM   #106
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanCo View Post
I didn't have the impression much was in his head, other than the dating the neighbor and his stand up succes. I had the idea the bad start of his routine was real, and the whole stand up routine was a disaster in reality, but in his mind it went all great.
What about the moment he stands up in the audience during the Murray show. It never happened other than in his over active imagination. I guess he could have been at home (for real) while watching the TV.

That's the problem, it went all great, probably only in his mind. Assuming he never left the asylum, the whole film could amount to the many layers of madness (illness) he is suffering. The way Arthur dresses up and meets Thomas Wayne in the toilet, it goes like clockwork. There is no way Arthur could have pulled that off, other than in his mind.
Old 11-04-2020, 03:04 PM   #107
StefanCo
The Spirit

Quote:
That's the problem, it went all great, probably only in his mind. Assuming he never left the asylum, the whole film could amount to the many layers of madness (illness) he is suffering. The way Arthur dresses up and meets Thomas Wayne in the toilet, it goes like clockwork. There is no way Arthur could have pulled that off, other than in his mind.
Interesting, I have to rewatch it with that in mind.
So maybe it's his way he looks at what really happened earlier in his life, and what resulted to him being locked up (a bit like in Lost Highway)?
Maybe the stand up happened for real, but was a disaster as we may assume seeing his 'jokes'? Maybe he planned to shoot the presenter, but didn't get to execute his plan?
StefanCo is offline   Reply With Quote