Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

» Spotlight
Dechirico Diamond Select Gwenpool Statue BDL Diamond Select Black Panther Statue DGK Sideshow COTD Poxxil Exclusive PF Comic Soon:
Clay Moore - Inside Stories
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2019, 06:54 PM   #2181
built2shred
Cyclops
Adamantium Plus Member
 
built2shred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 11,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
There's a fourth season?! I need to check it out, thanks built2shred.
Yep, and Amazon just renewed it for season 5...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 04:47 AM   #2182
Vracula
Jedi Order
 
Vracula's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Brisbane,Australia
Posts: 23,885
Mindhunters season 2 - 8.5/10

Great GREAT season. Bit slow towards the last 3 episodes but that was to probably accurately represent the furstration of the officials. I am still amazed at the actors they get to mimic the serial killers. Phenomenal series. These guys should win an award.

The Mandalorian 8/10

The series that saved the franchise I reckon. More love for it from SW fans then the movies themselves. By only complaint was ep4 and some of the dialogue ..yeesh. Baby Yoda was a genius idea.

The Witcher 3 8/10

As a fan of the books and the Games I was immensely satisfied. Bit weak here and there but still bloody faithfull to the books . The only complaints I see are from fans of the games that are missing their big boobied NPC’s.
Edit : Also poorly handled timeline.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 10:35 AM   #2183
DarkKni9hT
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?
 
DarkKni9hT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,842
The Witcher: Episode 1. 8.5/10
I have neither read the books nor played the games, but found this very well done and well acted. A little short on budget in places, but overall a great look and feel.

The Witcher, Episodes 2 onward. 3/10
After starting out so strongly, this went south in a hurry. The plot became very jumbled, disorganized. The main thread of the story seemed to disappear or get pushed aside. And once the asinine bard came into the picture, the whole thing began to feel like a Xena: Warrior Princess gender swap. Very disappointed at how this turned from great to just meh. Gave up after six episodes.
DarkKni9hT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 03:53 PM   #2184
supermetroid
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,698
The Mandalorian- 8/10

Watchmen- 9/10
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 06:15 AM   #2185
abarron
Batman
 
abarron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 20,187
The Mandalorian 9/10

Loved it. The best thing to happen to Star Wars in ages
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 06:16 AM   #2186
abarron
Batman
 
abarron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 20,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Yep, and Amazon just renewed it for season 5...
Really??

Was never interested in it and then gave it a go and binged it all. Love the series but not started on season 4 yet
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 08:39 AM   #2187
NorthernLadMSP
Adam Warlock
Adamantium Member
 
NorthernLadMSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 19,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKni9hT View Post
The Witcher: Episode 1. 8.5/10
I have neither read the books nor played the games, but found this very well done and well acted. A little short on budget in places, but overall a great look and feel.

The Witcher, Episodes 2 onward. 3/10
After starting out so strongly, this went south in a hurry. The plot became very jumbled, disorganized. The main thread of the story seemed to disappear or get pushed aside. And once the asinine bard came into the picture, the whole thing began to feel like a Xena: Warrior Princess gender swap. Very disappointed at how this turned from great to just meh. Gave up after six episodes.
I couldn't watch past the first episode. It seemed like the season finale of a show instead of the first episode. No character development at all, just bam, a huge battle that destroyed a kingdom.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 12:15 PM   #2188
built2shred
Cyclops
Adamantium Plus Member
 
built2shred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 11,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I couldn't watch past the first episode. It seemed like the season finale of a show instead of the first episode. No character development at all, just bam, a huge battle that destroyed a kingdom.
If you stick with it the story does come together by the end... I know it's trendy for filmmakers to tell part of the story in flashbacks but in this case, they kept viewers in the dark about it until episode 5 and even then if your not paying attention you might miss it...

I think in this case they should have just told the Witcher Story and then said "17 years later" and continued the story with the girl... otherwise, it can confuse people...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 01:47 PM   #2189
protector2814
Cyclops
 
protector2814's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 11,518
Evil on CBS, 1st 3 episodes 8/10 -

At 1st, it readsl ike any other modern CSI/Police drama. But then .... we get some Kolchak, The Night Stalker & X-Files rolled in w/ demonic possession notes. Didn't even know this show was out there till I stumbled upon a marathon of the 1st 3 eps. last night & ended up being hooked in for all 3. This is a solid horror-drama that I'm really enjoying. Good acting, solid writing & a great cast.

protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 04:32 AM   #2190
Vracula
Jedi Order
 
Vracula's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Brisbane,Australia
Posts: 23,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
If you stick with it the story does come together by the end... I know it's trendy for filmmakers to tell part of the story in flashbacks but in this case, they kept viewers in the dark about it until episode 5 and even then if your not paying attention you might miss it...

I think in this case they should have just told the Witcher Story and then said "17 years later" and continued the story with the girl... otherwise, it can confuse people...
I think that was the shows biggest problem , they handled the time line preety poorly. I know the stories so was able to tell what timeline it was in based on what was being said about Cintra, if u weren’t paying attention I can see how confusing it was.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:13 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com