Statue Forum 

StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

» Spotlight
Dechirico Diamond Select Gwenpool Statue BDL Diamond Select Black Panther Statue DGK Sideshow COTD Poxxil Exclusive PF Comic Soon:
Clay Moore - Inside Stories

Old 12-31-2019, 09:24 PM   #31
built2shred
Cyclops
Adamantium Plus Member

The problem with statues based on live actors is getting the likeness right if it's off your going to have a hard time selling them...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 12:46 AM   #32
shiveringmelody
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Well, DC has had a tough time selling statues based on actors in TV shows that are broadcast for free on The CW. The audiences for their DC Universe shows must be much smaller. The animated Harley Quinn's Edition Size of 1250 is noticeably lower than DC's usual ES of 5000-plus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
The problem with statues based on live actors is getting the likeness right if it's off your going to have a hard time selling them...
Makes sense, but hopefully this animated series Harley Quinn sells and leads to an Ivy. I figure animation would be easier to make, but just as difficult to sell. Look at Young Justice. I believe they tried to sell figures for it and didn't pan out.
shiveringmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 01:22 AM   #33
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiveringmelody View Post
Makes sense, but hopefully this animated series Harley Quinn sells and leads to an Ivy. I figure animation would be easier to make, but just as difficult to sell. Look at Young Justice. I believe they tried to sell figures for it and didn't pan out.
I like the character designs for Young Justice a lot, but each season eventually becomes very convoluted. I'm not a casual fan, so if they've got me confused/bored, imagine how a general-interest viewer must feel.

I'm glad they're making statues based on animated designs again, though. Their home video maquettes were really nice.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote