Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 12-12-2019, 05:36 PM   #1
my2cents
Fantastic Four

Question Collectable Value?

Is a character statue or collectable worth more in value because of

how many are made for release ?

OR

because it’s perceived value of popularity ?

OR

The actual artwork?

(e.g Arkham Beyond Batman 1/3 Prime has three versions... Black, Gold & White.

Although the ‘Black version’ is arguably the more popular with more made for production, the ‘Gold version’ has a point of difference with its aesthetics and the ‘white version’ has only 350 produced worldwide. Which is the most valuable?)
my2cents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 06:04 PM   #2
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Yes.
Old 12-12-2019, 06:36 PM   #3
CWalker
The Avengers

This ^
CWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 11:18 PM   #4
stone eagle
Justice League

Too many variables to decide value. In general it's all supply and demand. It may be rare or beautiful but if you can't find a buyer willing to pay your price you will never get it sold for what you want.
personally I would never buy a statue based on it's possible future value. I would only buy what I like with no intention of selling.
stone eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 11:42 PM   #5
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Since there is no statue price guide the only thing we really have to go by would be something like eBay

I always think it’s funny because when the X-Men movie was out last spring prices of X-Men statues were very very high (now I was only looking at the Bowen ones so I cannot comment but a lot were $350 to $500), especially anything involving Phoenix. Now if you check a lot are for sale for a more reasonable price (between $200 and $300)

However they’re always will be some characters that I think will always fetch a high dollar value(and right now I’m pretty much just referring to Bowens because of the only ones I can look at) and that is due to the fact that they did not have a high production run. Characters like Havok and Polaris and Dazzler always seem to get a high price put on them when they do go up for sale because they only had anywhere from 600 to 800 of them made. A few weeks ago I just sold my Polaris statue for 375 and it sold within 24 hours after I posted it. The reason why I sold it at that price was because there were scratches on the cape. Could I have gotten more for it? Possibly.
But I probably sold about 120 or 130 things on eBay and that was the quickest I ever had anything sold for. Now that would be an instance where there is a demand for that character so that there would possibly increase the value. And even though I sold her at that price I still didn’t take a loss.

So pretty much everything that you said my2cents is correct and I do agree with the other posters that said that as well
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote