Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-20-2020, 12:08 AM   #171
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafadcariad View Post
Mentioned this elsewhere but for some States there is still the tax-free weekend which typically comes in July or August. As it can apply to online purchases it is worth looking into for those that reside in those States.
Mr. Plaid Cymru, not everything is tax free on those weekends. Tax Free Weekend is meant to help families buy supplies for the new school year, not frivolities such as statues.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 05:14 PM   #172
MgMorden
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
if you go to a goodwill or antique store or thrift store they charge tax too on previously used items. It’s no different.
Older thread, but at least in my state of SC, there's no sales tax at Goodwill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Mr. Plaid Cymru, not everything is tax free on those weekends. Tax Free Weekend is meant to help families buy supplies for the new school year, not frivolities such as statues.
Varies state by state though. Our tax free weekend is intended to help with school supplies too, but somehow it also got amended to include firearms sales. I'm not going to complain too much as I collect guns too, but even I can admit its a bit of an odd choice.
MgMorden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 05:27 PM   #173
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MgMorden View Post
Varies state by state though. Our tax free weekend is intended to help with school supplies too, but somehow it also got amended to include firearms sales. I'm not going to complain too much as I collect guns too, but even I can admit its a bit of an odd choice.
In gun-friendly states, buying firearms/ammo can be considered a back-to-school expense (especially ones that allow people, including students, to carry on campus).
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 05:38 PM   #174
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MgMorden View Post
Older thread, but at least in my state of SC, there's no sales tax at Goodwill.

I also collect guns, plus knives and play instruments. Some of these factory made statues cost more than nicely made in USA/Germany/Japan items I collect. What am I doing with my life lol.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 06:04 PM   #175
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
I also collect guns, plus knives and play instruments. Some of these factory made statues cost more than nicely made in USA/Germany/Japan items I collect. What am I doing with my life lol.
Lol. When I bought my Prime 1 Batman Beyond, I chose it over a Sig. Whatever brings you a smile and you can afford...
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote