Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-05-2016, 04:31 PM   #121
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Frikkin hell! I just got my XM Sandman statue and was getting ready to register her until I got stopped by looking at the new facebook posts today.

Now I'm frikkin pissed after seeing this Harley and the almost unimpressive (IMO) gorilla like leaping SS Venom! Not to mention no mention of any new MOTU characters from SS! THank God I was able to see the super duper impressive BANE and receive my awesome Sandman statue. Time to get back to setting him up.

Pics and review coming later. Sorry for the rants...Harley just drives me a little batty (pun intended).
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 04:32 PM   #122
Vracula
Jedi Order

Terrrible. That peace sign is ugh! I hate those bishoujo statues and this is just like one of them.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 04:43 PM   #123
built2shred
Phoenix

Specifically why I don't like this statue is because it looks like she has broken hips, like an old lady using her cane.

For me it just doesn't work.... If others like it, more power to ya...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 04:44 PM   #124
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
My dream piece, which I think is pure Harley, is her walking the hyenas with a pop-gun in her hand. The hyenas could have shreds of torn cape in their mouth -- Change of heads can show her being evil, laughing or perhaps blowing a bubblegum bubble
Actually that's a pretty good concept for a future piece, I like it.

It's a shame XM will probably go back to the drawing board with this piece, the only thing I could add would be her bashing someone on the ground to be a perfect companion piece to the Joker while he stands there laughing. I like the tattoos on her arm but would prefer to see it in color form before I critic it (Must be Japanese style Tattoos). They obviously went the cutie route but I don't see why that's a bad thing from the leg pose to her leaning forward seductively. The peace sign is the only thing that throws me off but I can appreciate it as if this was standing next to the Joker standing over dead bodied is what would symbolize the characters attitude which I completely agree with. Her sticking out her tongue is also what I expect but a menacing laugh on her face while she is pounding someone with a bloody bat would be a better route for me. So I may be the minority in how I feel but I'm also thinking XM will produce another regular version of Harley Quinn that people will love so let them have some freedom in this Japanese series lineup.

One thing I don't understand is someone talking over and over about this piece when they clearly said they don't even like the Harley Quinn character. Does that make sense?

The one thing I think people might be forgetting is she isn't suppose to be such an independent character, she is the property of the Joker and she will do anything to make him happy. Joker says JUMP she would say "How High, mista J"?
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 05:47 PM   #125
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
I'm sorry...but Witchblade is a stellar statue and can be seen in physical form. Harley is a concept that has been worked on a long time and gone many reworks...so that should tell you something.

For the record, I think companies want to play with her zaniness too much instead of wait for it.....showing her psychotic, ruthless nature because she does have that as well.

XM...my opinion here....instead of going for a non-functional lean on bat pose with a goofy look to boot, try making her more maniacal and ruthless with her getting ready to take a swing at something, and then have a switch out with her holding a gun with a joker like prop coming out of it or something.

Play with her ruthless nature and not her goofy nature.
Witchblade could have been great. For the moment she looks ok. Great base though.
In her current state, i have no interest.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 06:06 PM   #126
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Instinct View Post
Actually that's a pretty good concept for a future piece, I like it.

It's a shame XM will probably go back to the drawing board with this piece, the only thing I could add would be her bashing someone on the ground to be a perfect companion piece to the Joker while he stands there laughing. I like the tattoos on her arm but would prefer to see it in color form before I critic it (Must be Japanese style Tattoos). They obviously went the cutie route but I don't see why that's a bad thing from the leg pose to her leaning forward seductively. The peace sign is the only thing that throws me off but I can appreciate it as if this was standing next to the Joker standing over dead bodied is what would symbolize the characters attitude which I completely agree with. Her sticking out her tongue is also what I expect but a menacing laugh on her face while she is pounding someone with a bloody bat would be a better route for me. So I may be the minority in how I feel but I'm also thinking XM will produce another regular version of Harley Quinn that people will love so let them have some freedom in this Japanese series lineup.

One thing I don't understand is someone talking over and over about this piece when they clearly said they don't even like the Harley Quinn character. Does that make sense?

The one thing I think people might be forgetting is she isn't suppose to be such an independent character, she is the property of the Joker and she will do anything to make him happy. Joker says JUMP she would say "How High, mista J"?
Just call me out why don'tcha...even though you misconstrued my words a little.

I never said I don't like the Harley character (or maybe I did...but that's not entirely true), I said I don't like the character as a statue (at least not yet) because she is depicted in a pretty boring manner.

I appreciate the character in movies and specifically the Arkham Batman games.

I can get behind the pose and face you mentioned. That would work much better for myself as well...maybe to the point of me actually...gasp....buying a Harley statue for once.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 06:11 PM   #127
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I think the best Harley statue so far is the Prime 1.

Though, I don't collect 1/3 scale, so it was a pass for me.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 09:57 PM   #128
Wah
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
This may come as a surprise to some, but, currently, I am not feeling this at all...and here is the main reason why I say that.

HARLEY IS A BORING CHARACTER TO DO IN STATUE FORM!!! Just.....boring! She's got no special abilities except being Joker's walkover carpet.

If XM decides to shelve this character and do Two-Face instead, I would be more than happy.

I think the face is pretty nice, but, just not feeling the character. Maybe if they had Harley sitting on a chair in a joint pose with the Joker....eh....I can't even think of anything remotely appealing in a pose for her. I just can't. No company to this day has done her justice IMO...and it's not really their fault. Harley is similar to Emma Frost to me...they are just dull characters to make statues of. Emma Frost less so because she at least has ability to turn her skin into diamond toughness, but companies seem scared to touch that part of her ability. Harley....she's just....BLAAAAAHHHHH.....

that's just crazy talk bro! crazy talk! there's nothing boring about harley whatsoever. statue or not.
Wah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 12:23 AM   #129
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Terrrible. That peace sign is ugh! I hate those bishoujo statues and this is just like one of them.
Not even close.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 02:41 AM   #130
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Don't like the pose...at all!
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote