Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-24-2015, 02:26 PM   #41
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

My husband is playing Sunset Overdrive and just got to the part with the Las Catrinas, and this character really reminds me of this Harley Quinn:

For obvious reasons.
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 02:28 PM   #42
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored_Berserk View Post
oh god please nooooo

Not the movie version!!! I hate the Harley Quinn with blue and pink hair! It's the worst design ever!!!
While I do agree, I just wanted to put it more subtly in my previous posts
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 02:47 PM   #43
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

We are now at the 5th statue from the new Batman line and people still talk about "Why it can´t look like the comics"..... no words.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 03:11 PM   #44
Thor57
Teen Titans

This thread is hilarious.

So if you dont like something, you're not allowed to comment? Gtfo with that garbage.

Sorry for your luck, but voicing displeasure with a lot of other XM statues is what got them to change some things on prior releases. XM has stated numerous times they welcome criticism. Nobody in here has been unfair. In actuality, most posts have been simple "this isn't for me" or "I'm not really a fan of the art direction."

I don't recall reading any "Animated series costume or bust" comments. Those telling the naysayers to settle down should probably look in the mirror.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 03:11 PM   #45
Thor57
Teen Titans

That wasn't directed at you Grumpy. Just the thread in general.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 03:15 PM   #46
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
That wasn't directed at you Grumpy. Just the thread in general.
Anything ok, no problem.
Old 08-24-2015, 04:06 PM   #47
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
We are now at the 5th statue from the new Batman line and people still talk about "Why it can´t look like the comics"..... no words.
I don't want it to looks like exactly like the comics...but i certainly doesn't want it to like the Suicide Squad movie!

Rocksteady succeeded to give Harley an original look , i believe XM Studio could too.

I will follow this thread to see the changes made, but if it looks like that, i won't buy it.
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 05:05 PM   #48
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored_Berserk View Post
I don't want it to looks like exactly like the comics...but i certainly doesn't want it to like the Suicide Squad movie!

Rocksteady succeeded to give Harley an original look , i believe XM Studio could too.

I will follow this thread to see the changes made, but if it looks like that, i won't buy it.
It´s ok, but if you can´t use black/red for HQ you need to find another coloring.

Maybe not Batman, but all other 4 statues from the line are just concept arts at the moment. Good chance to see a change before they are finished.
Old 08-24-2015, 05:38 PM   #49
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

I'm not a huge fan of movie character/looks but I think Harley's look for Suicide Squad looks good. I think when the colours are tinkered with and adjustments made this will look much better

I am sure XM is looking for constructive criticism and even if people are saying they arent into it its saying something to XM (Without actually saying what they dont like about it so leaving it pretty vague in that sense) but there were some that got kinda nasty and that got people offended. I dont think thats necessary or adds anything.

If you dont like the Asian theme or the departure from the Classical look...constantly repeating that over and over doesnt help, becuz that is the direction it is going. Opt out then. But if you are still somewhat interested and want to help it become something you are more interested in then offer suggestions on how it could improve.
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 07:25 PM   #50
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornPegasus View Post
My husband is playing Sunset Overdrive and just got to the part with the Las Catrinas, and this character really reminds me of this Harley Quinn:

For obvious reasons.
This reminds me of that video game Bikini chainsaw or whatever it was called.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote