Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Imagebb is working well for me.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 02:12 PM   #1292
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
you can't go wrong with adding him to your collection. Besides, he's a Batman villain- the non-female kind.
thats what im saying

congrats bro, glad you guys were pleased with the size in person - very much looking forward to unboxing mine tonight
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 03:54 PM   #1293
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

I think you’re gonna be impressed when you break apart the white styrofoam Sonic. He is a lot bigger than pictures show him to be. And he’s almost as heavy as Bane. At least it feels that way to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
thats what im saying

congrats bro, glad you guys were pleased with the size in person - very much looking forward to unboxing mine tonight
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 09:20 PM   #1294
SONICobra
Batman

got to unpack this beast and heres a quick rundown:

sculpt - 9.5/10 - my only knock is the neck seam which while not terrible, I would have preferred just the one portrait permanently attached
paint - 7/10 - clean just kind of washed out, also would have liked a little more gloss for a sewer dwelling crocodile man. I will be touching this up to add a little more depth but its not bad as is
mixed media - 10/10 - pretty simple but I don't see anything I would change
base - 8/10 - I LOVE the water effect but the paint on the brick doesn't look great. also it has that hollow plastic feel to it which im sure will be fine but I always get worried about it warping over time

overall I would recommend it to anyone collecting batman / dc statues. the sculpt is perfection, the figure has really good size (he would tower over batman standing up), yes the pose takes away from the overall height but I like ss mixing up the poses so these museum based displays have a little more dimension
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 09:30 PM   #1295
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Just opened this and the sculpt is awesome! The base and water effects is superb! Both the coh's is WOW! The paint is decent. So with scale aside which is ok but should've been bigger. This is a very good looking statue.
My only real problem now is I have a decent size chip on the base and the neck area. The packaging for this should've been done the same a leopard lady with two boxes and the foam corners. The qc is also to blame with many getting the same chips in the neck area. If it wasn't for the chips. I would be very happy with how this turned out. Time to contact ss!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 10:32 PM   #1296
aa909
The Green Hornet

^^^ good reviews guys, glad you're happy with the statue. and sorry about the chips CBG, I'm sure you'll get a replacement.

Interesting that nearly every one who's received this in hand is happy with the statue, meanwhile those that are the most vocal critics didn't order it LOL!!
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 11:20 PM   #1297
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
^^^ good reviews guys, glad you're happy with the statue. and sorry about the chips CBG, I'm sure you'll get a replacement.

Interesting that nearly every one who's received this in hand is happy with the statue, meanwhile those that are the most vocal critics didn't order it LOL!!
I am quite eager to get mine in. Mr Jones is one of my favorite Batman Villains next to Ivy and the Joker
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 07:01 PM   #1298
Bowen or Bust
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

New pic from Facebook ,

Bowen or Bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 07:37 PM   #1299
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowen or Bust View Post
New pic from Facebook ,

He's definitely not in scale. Even aquaman and Green lantern is much more beefy and taller with GL than croc. But I like the sculpt a lot so I'm
Keeping it.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 12:07 AM   #1300
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post

Well, wouldn't it make sense that the most vocal critics didn't like the piece? Why would they order a piece they didn't like? I hate the Deathstroker PF and was very critical of it on this forum. I certainly didn't PO it and I love the character. The same thing happened with the Mags PF. I don't take issues with people who are critical of a piece. I buy what I like and nothing anyone else says will stop me from enjoying a statue that I like. Criticism isn't a bad thing in my book so long as it's done respectfully.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote