Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-31-2018, 05:00 PM   #631
brianjofa4975
Fantastic Four

Ivy arrived two days ago and exceeds expectations, which were high. This statue is fantastic.
brianjofa4975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 05:28 PM   #632
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Mine arrived last Friday and she's fantastic. Love her. I have three minor complaints, but they are design choice complaints (well one is a build complaint).

The fan arm should have been left as the sculptor originally designed it. It was a really stupid decision to change the fan position.

The geisha head (along with two of Catwoman's portraits) should have been closed mouth, as XM hasn't grasped the success of doing open female mouths yet.

And lastly, the hair pins are insanely difficult to get in the geisha portrait.

But, otherwise she is absolutely spectacular. I'm currently displaying her with umbrella, modern bob haired portrait and Kabuki mask.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 10:19 PM   #633
slynger
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Mine arrived last Friday and she's fantastic. Love her. I have three minor complaints, but they are design choice complaints (well one is a build complaint).

The fan arm should have been left as the sculptor originally designed it. It was a really stupid decision to change the fan position.

The geisha head (along with two of Catwoman's portraits) should have been closed mouth, as XM hasn't grasped the success of doing open female mouths yet.

And lastly, the hair pins are insanely difficult to get in the geisha portrait.

But, otherwise she is absolutely spectacular. I'm currently displaying her with umbrella, modern bob haired portrait and Kabuki mask.
I just opened mine yesterday and the piece is amazing from an engineering aspect. XM really wasn’t afraid of anything when it came to the vines or Venus flytraps snaking around this piece.

I agree the fan would have looked better if left alone, I still find it better than the umbrella, at least for me.

I’ve seen the pics of the infamous catwoman portrait and heard the other critiques of the paint work on the female mouth, but I can’t see a poor job on this one.

Totally agree on the hair pins. I was afraid I was going to break one as they seem rather frail. Yes, I know I only have 4 of them in the pic below.

The Geisha portrait with fan and a seductive hand are the pose for me. A true piece of art.

slynger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 04:09 PM   #634
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

Congrats guys truly a beautiful piece, pictures cannot do her justice. When I received mine I did a double take on how detailed and exquisite she is in person.
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 03:36 PM   #635
Professor
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Disappointment

Got mine last week and i was so excited after reading all the great reviews, watching all the videos and looking at the pictures. Then I opened her and the sadness started from there.
First of all my fear was realized when i found one of the flowers broken off in a very visible area. I've seen several other people have the same issue with broken flowers, is this a QC issue?
Second the geisha face i just hate because of the mouth and googly eyes. for the price i paid for this piece i would expect them to be better. If i can get a DC collectable, koto or gallery piece for 1/10 the cost and not have googly eye problems then i would expect to not have a crossed eyed $1k statue. The toothpaste mouth i won't even talk about my disappointment.
Then I have paint issues in several spots most notable being paint appearing to drop from the vine onto her feet.
Overall i still love the concept and design but when i place her next to my other 1/4 pieces, most being sideshow, she does not stand out, especially for nearly double the cost.

Conversation:

Me: how you like my new statue baby?

Wife: she's ok but i like the others better. Is that the one you paid $1k for?

Me: Yep

Wife: I don't see why that one cost double the others. I actually like the Predator lady better.

Me: It's made by XM and comes with all this packaging to protect it. Plus their quality is top notch.-

Wife: ok, you bought $400 worth of packing and what about the paint and broken piece you showed me.

Me dumb look on my face as she walks off with a Cheshire cat smile on her face.

I got the XM Storm on preorder and I hope to be floored by her. I am on the fence about preordering the white Magneto but at this rate Storm may be my last XM preorder.

On a side note my other 2 XM statues I got on eBay for less than original price and I love them so I may have to stick to ebay in the future when it comes to XM pieces.

Once again love the concept and design of this statue and I expect to get the paint issue and broken flower taken care of.- But for the price I paid i'm highly disappointed in my first XM preorder.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SmartSelect_20181103-145637_Gallery.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	237.6 KB
ID:	118402   Click image for larger version

Name:	SmartSelect_20181103-145942_Gallery.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	282.8 KB
ID:	118403   Click image for larger version

Name:	SmartSelect_20181103-145843_Gallery.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	118404   Click image for larger version

Name:	SmartSelect_20181103-145912_Gallery.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	340.4 KB
ID:	118405   Click image for larger version

Name:	SmartSelect_20181103-145657_Gallery.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	259.3 KB
ID:	118406  

Click image for larger version

Name:	SmartSelect_20181103-145730_Gallery.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	118407   Click image for larger version

Name:	SmartSelect_20181103-145551_Gallery.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	367.7 KB
ID:	118408   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181103_150041.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	380.6 KB
ID:	118409   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181103_135644.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	278.5 KB
ID:	118410  
Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 03:49 PM   #636
Professor
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I forgot

After my intial disappointment I went back and looked at some of the posts in this thread in a new light. Why should we have to rig a statue that we paid over $1k for? By that I mean why should we have to use potty, fingernail polish, paper towel and other tricks to properly display a statue that we paid this much money for. The saying is you get what you paid for, so what did we pay for?
Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 03:56 PM   #637
nearmint
Phoenix

I unboxed mine last night and I don’t believe I have any QC issues. Love the piece, especially next to Samurai Batman.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 03:56 PM   #638
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Hold on pal? First off nobody in this industry has even attempted something so intricate and complicated . You have QC issues XM is amazing at replacing . You buy third party they should help you anyways . To sit here bash price and quality and you hate it well that’s not correct imo. If you’re not happy why order so many more?

I’ve had fantastic results with my XMs but not all perfect . All QC was taken care of professionally . She def stands out more than those other boring pieces
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 05:38 PM   #639
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor View Post
Got mine last week and i was so excited after reading all the great reviews, watching all the videos and looking at the pictures. Then I opened her and the sadness started from there.
First of all my fear was realized when i found one of the flowers broken off in a very visible area. I've seen several other people have the same issue with broken flowers, is this a QC issue?
Second the geisha face i just hate because of the mouth and googly eyes. for the price i paid for this piece i would expect them to be better. If i can get a DC collectable, koto or gallery piece for 1/10 the cost and not have googly eye problems then i would expect to not have a crossed eyed $1k statue. The toothpaste mouth i won't even talk about my disappointment.
Then I have paint issues in several spots most notable being paint appearing to drop from the vine onto her feet.
Overall i still love the concept and design but when i place her next to my other 1/4 pieces, most being sideshow, she does not stand out, especially for nearly double the cost.
I don't see the google eyes in the pictures you provided, the eyes look fine to me. But you could always ask for a replacement portrait from the person you bought from. I do see the broken flower, I'm assuming that goes where the white spot on the vine is? if so little glue should make it brand new looking. I also see the brown drip on the white stocking.

No company is going to be perfect and I admit that given how many statues XM is trying to put out a year it doesn't surprise me their QC might drop off a bit..

Bottom line is, if there's problem ask for a refund from the person you bought it from or ask for replacement parts... If the person won't do it then your options are limited if you bought it from a 3rd party. Although given this was a world license you could try XM directly if the seller you used won't help you. Wouldn't hurt to ask.

In the future you might want to buy from a reputable seller like Speculative Fiction or Heroes Collectibles. Given Poison Ivy was a world license I'm not sure why you would buy from a 3rd party to begin with?
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 06:39 PM   #640
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Agreed
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote