Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 11-04-2018, 05:01 PM   #641
Xoras
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor View Post
Got mine last week and i was so excited after reading all the great reviews, watching all the videos and looking at the pictures. Then I opened her and the sadness started from there.
First of all my fear was realized when i found one of the flowers broken off in a very visible area. I've seen several other people have the same issue with broken flowers, is this a QC issue?
Second the geisha face i just hate because of the mouth and googly eyes. for the price i paid for this piece i would expect them to be better. If i can get a DC collectable, koto or gallery piece for 1/10 the cost and not have googly eye problems then i would expect to not have a crossed eyed $1k statue. The toothpaste mouth i won't even talk about my disappointment.
Then I have paint issues in several spots most notable being paint appearing to drop from the vine onto her feet.
Overall i still love the concept and design but when i place her next to my other 1/4 pieces, most being sideshow, she does not stand out, especially for nearly double the cost.

Conversation:

Me: how you like my new statue baby?

Wife: she's ok but i like the others better. Is that the one you paid $1k for?

Me: Yep

Wife: I don't see why that one cost double the others. I actually like the Predator lady better.

Me: It's made by XM and comes with all this packaging to protect it. Plus their quality is top notch.-

Wife: ok, you bought $400 worth of packing and what about the paint and broken piece you showed me.

Me dumb look on my face as she walks off with a Cheshire cat smile on her face.

I got the XM Storm on preorder and I hope to be floored by her. I am on the fence about preordering the white Magneto but at this rate Storm may be my last XM preorder.

On a side note my other 2 XM statues I got on eBay for less than original price and I love them so I may have to stick to ebay in the future when it comes to XM pieces.

Once again love the concept and design of this statue and I expect to get the paint issue and broken flower taken care of.- But for the price I paid i'm highly disappointed in my first XM preorder.
You're not alone

It's so many thing to say with this statue... bad and good.

I had the same problem with the broken flower, np i use glue and it's ok. Bad painting on several vegetal parts, paint fails, parts of a old ----y brush mixed of my lovely Ivy and others things

I paid 1100€ in a legit shop agreed from the retailer in EU.

I was so disapointed then i canceled my others orders The good point is i have more money for Infinity studio and Prime one projects.

I have to repaint many parts and upgrade some things like ombrella displaying with geisha head...
Why i do this? I like the concept and it deserve a better paintjob. After, she will be perfect

*I have the same statue of Machiko
Xoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 05:43 PM   #642
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I feel like people forget no company out there is really trying these types of sculpts to begin with . Sucks there are some issues but looking at how crazy detailed this piece is some may slip through the cracks or damage on shipping. I don’t understand why people post stupid comments like I cancelled all my other XMs because of this . Ridiculous !
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 06:24 PM   #643
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Had no issues here.. totally worth it and loving this Samurai line... thanks XM!
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 06:25 PM   #644
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4XCollect View Post
Had no issues here.. totally worth it and loving this Samurai line... thanks XM!
Same, no QC or breakage issues at all. My only issues are preference, i.e. the stupid fan placement and the idiotic way the pins were done on the geisha head.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 06:34 PM   #645
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I own Batman samurai he also was absolutely perfect . One of my fav statues I’m not even a big DC fan.
Old 11-04-2018, 07:32 PM   #646
Tayto_0
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
I feel like people forget no company out there is really trying these types of sculpts to begin with . Sucks there are some issues but looking at how crazy detailed this piece is some may slip through the cracks or damage on shipping. I don’t understand why people post stupid comments like I cancelled all my other XMs because of this . Ridiculous !
Well it's his choice and he's entitled to his opinion. I have no time for anyone who defends QC problems on very expensive statues. It needs to be raised whenever it occurs. It's not good enough and should never be accepted.

Also there was nothing stupid about his comment. If you want stupid how about posting the following just because SideShow decided to produce another Spider-Man statue:
Quote:
I hope they go tits up out of business they deserve it
Now that's ridiculous!
Tayto_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 08:06 PM   #647
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoras View Post
You're not alone

It's so many thing to say with this statue... bad and good.

I had the same problem with the broken flower, np i use glue and it's ok. Bad painting on several vegetal parts, paint fails, parts of a old ----y brush mixed of my lovely Ivy and others things

I paid 1100€ in a legit shop agreed from the retailer in EU.

I was so disapointed then i canceled my others orders The good point is i have more money for Infinity studio and Prime one projects.

I have to repaint many parts and upgrade some things like ombrella displaying with geisha head...
Why i do this? I like the concept and it deserve a better paintjob. After, she will be perfect

*I have the same statue of Machiko
Why accept a piece that has QC issues? I would request a replacement or ask for a refund and buy it from someone else... From what I've seen on the boards and facebook the QC issues have been pretty rare on this piece, so you have good odds to get a good one....

Also I've seen a few QC problems with Prime 1 statues also, few Arkham Batman statues I saw had some sloppy paint in a few areas when this statue first came out... Even a couple of my Ninja Turtles had a few minor issues... Like I said no company is perfect... If you want perfection this is the wrong hobby to be in. But I do agree if a statue has obvious QC issues then get a refund...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 08:08 PM   #648
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Yeah is it Stupid? Three people followed me in stating they had great pieces and I also stated that XMs customer service is top shelf . They will take care of it . He still ranted about his other orders he’d cancelled if he even had them who knows? Sideshow has been ripping people off for years on crap quality and repeat statues of characters . It seems they are more starstruck these days producing movie star likenesses than they are caring about fans wants . Not stupid at all.

Let’s get serious these are hand painted sculptures and there will be flaws here and there it’s not a Rolex factory ok.

Go McGregor!!!!!
Old 11-04-2018, 08:14 PM   #649
Tayto_0
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Why accept a piece that has QC issues? I would request a replacement or ask for a refund and buy it from someone else... From what I've seen on the boards and facebook the QC issues have been pretty low on this piece, so you have good odds to get one a good one....

Also I've seen a few QC problems with Prime 1 statues also, few Arkham Batman statues I saw had some sloppy paint in a few areas when this statue first came out... Even a couple of my Ninja Turtles had a few minor issues... Like I said no company is perfect... If you want perfection this is the wrong hobby to be in. But I do agree if a statue has obvious QC issues then get a refund...
That's sound advice and the correct way for Xoras to move forward.
Tayto_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 12:06 AM   #650
slynger
Hellboy

All I can say is my piece is perfect in my eyes. Also, I have to agree that no one else has even attempted the level of intricacy that Is involved with Ivy. This piece has a level of complexity to it that I’ve never seen in a 1/4 scale piece. Meanwhile, we continue to get the same poses and characters from SS. Kudos to XM for upping the bar.
slynger is offline   Reply With Quote