Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 05-08-2019, 03:47 PM   #31
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post

All depends on how much you want to spend. At $500 a pop these XM pieces are double the price of Tweeterhead.
Sometimes you get what you pay for.

Some of these, like The Flash are damn near dioramas.
Even something like Aquaman, Green Lantern, and Supergirl here are edging more into that territory compared TH's standard issue (usually knee up; one arm muscle flex- the other resting at the side) museum poses and very basic bases.

Can't speak or compare quality as I don't own any XM pieces yet (I have Aquaman on order though).
Of the TH pieces I do own, there have been QC and concept issues on more than one so far.

TH is producing the only era representation of these characters I really care about, but that alone shouldn't justify the price of these things, or how I allocate space for display or storage.

YMMV, but even with the price differential- and the costume annoyances- XM is offering a very compelling alternative to my eyes.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 04:22 PM   #32
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Sometimes you get what you pay for.

Some of these, like The Flash are damn near dioramas.
Even something like Aquaman, Green Lantern, and Supergirl here are edging more into that territory compared TH's standard issue (usually knee up; one arm muscle flex- the other resting at the side) museum poses and very basic bases.

Can't speak or compare quality as I don't own any XM pieces yet (I have Aquaman on order though).
Of the TH pieces I do own, there have been QC and concept issues on more than one so far.

TH is producing the only era representation of these characters I really care about, but that alone shouldn't justify the price of these things, or how I allocate space for display or storage.

YMMV, but even with the price differential- and the costume annoyances- XM is offering a very compelling alternative to my eyes.
Especially with XM's now universal license for this DC line. I have the Flash pre-ordered from Specfiction for $430 shipped. The Green Lantern from Tweeterhead is coming up as $320 shipped on their site.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 04:45 PM   #33
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Supergirl looks great. Only wish WW looked this good instead of looking bored lol.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 05:16 PM   #34
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
Especially with XM's now universal license for this DC line. I have the Flash pre-ordered from Specfiction for $430 shipped. The Green Lantern from Tweeterhead is coming up as $320 shipped on their site.
I may end up regretting not getting Flash.
I really do not dig the Rebirth filigree on that costume, but I love the bold primary colors in this and the execution of the concept is both filmic and visceral.

To me it's one of the few statues I've seen that works from every single angle- even from behind!
No one would ever likely display it like that, but the dimensional quality of those force rings, and the dynamic of the figure hurtling through them, is just so cinematic no matter what angle you view it from.

Brilliant statue that, at this moment in time, is filling a huge, and bizarrely empty, niche for this character.

If my plate wasn't already over-full, I would jump on it.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 06:35 PM   #35
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Her face looks like it would fit wonder woman better. Honestly it actually looks even better than the portrait they gave wonder woman and her enormous cheeks.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 09:08 PM   #36
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by davide87ita View Post
Full concept reveal

Best XM female portrait to date IMO.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 09:38 PM   #37
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Looks good
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 10:12 PM   #38
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Leg- Up Pose again.. for me it doesn't blend well with the base, I would prefer her right leg to be resting on the S logo and her left leg on the Seat.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 10:24 PM   #39
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

This is a good one... curious if they will have a sculpt with her smiling or joyful...
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 10:33 PM   #40
chrismhk
Luke Cage

If she turns out just like the concept image, it would be the best looking Supergirl statue yet.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote