Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-26-2014, 03:53 PM   #151
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eky View Post
Better words for my thoughts ty law1349.

This vid might clarifie things
i see more clearly, and i discovered the little arms on his chest, and he'is sort of hiding the 2nd sword at his back....surprise^^

but he still remains the last of the cotd line for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H_W...ature=youtu.be
Please don't misunderstand me Eky, I believe you have a right to your opinion, and I respect your right to your opinion whether I agree with it or not. I just thought that your first post had some pretty strong statements in it and my reply was in response to those, but I don't expect everyone here to see things the same way and really that is a strength of the forum.

Thanks for sharing that video, now we see where his left hand is, holding another sword behind his back, I completely was not aware of that, so thanks again.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 04:05 PM   #152
Lobotomizer
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

This guys my favourite one
Lobotomizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 04:07 PM   #153
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
No one has mentioned the hands and claws that seem to come out of his chest area. I usually go by details on a sculpture. This is the type of statue that you will look at and find something new each and every day. So many minute and exceptional details make this a standout. He is my favorite next to Death Ruler Supreme of the male CotD line of characters revealed thus far.

I don't feel anyone is off for liking this the least out of the CotD line, and I saw nothing that Eky said that stated he didn't like the statue and admire its details...he just prefers it the least, and that is fine.

I've seen some, like Dan make comments that he doesn't like Death....and I am like WTF??? Really? He is my favorite of all the males....he has such a calm but demanding disposition that oozes ruler to me. But nevertheless, that doesn't mean Dan is wrong for not liking Death as much as some of the others.

All I can say is every single CotD piece is fascinating to look at and have the most details of any line of collectibles I have ever seen. Even as detailed as Predators are, I have yet to see anything approach this line in that regard.
Since I already told Eky my thoughts on his comments, and I think we made a little headway I'd rather not reopen the can by discussing them again. Of course, people are going to have their favorites and least favorites, and that's just part of who we are as individuals, nobody should try to "force" someone to like something, that would just be silly. I was merely defending the artistic merit of the piece from a critical standpoint, one art critic to another, hopefully that is how it came through, and not as a mindless flame-war because that's not productive. Nobody should take it upon themselves to attempt to force someone to change their opinion.

I have my favorites and least favorites too, but even in the least fav's I'll admit when the pieces are impressively done, even if they might not suit my tastes. I always remind myself that you don't necessarily have to like the art to enjoy admiring it, if that makes any sense at all lol.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 04:36 PM   #154
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
Since I already told Eky my thoughts on his comments, and I think we made a little headway I'd rather not reopen the can by discussing them again. Of course, people are going to have their favorites and least favorites, and that's just part of who we are as individuals, nobody should try to "force" someone to like something, that would just be silly. I was merely defending the artistic merit of the piece from a critical standpoint, one art critic to another, hopefully that is how it came through, and not as a mindless flame-war because that's not productive. Nobody should take it upon themselves to attempt to force someone to change their opinion.

I have my favorites and least favorites too, but even in the least fav's I'll admit when the pieces are impressively done, even if they might not suit my tastes. I always remind myself that you don't necessarily have to like the art to enjoy admiring it, if that makes any sense at all lol.

Yeah I totally get you and agree there are statues that I don't care for such as Datedevil Nd new Thor! But I've said many great things about the sculpts of both of them, just don't care for design of both of them but the sculpt and quality of sculpt looks amazing on both of them! I find myself still admiring many pieces that I don't purchase or order!

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 06:17 PM   #155
ChromeColossus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

and another one scratches it's way into my mind, as I whisper "The Horror"

Al
ChromeColossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 07:00 PM   #156
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobotomizer View Post
This guys my favourite one
same, he's the only one I can realistically se myself buying
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 07:27 PM   #157
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

The more I look at this guy, the more I think of a maggot. The many arms on his torso - likened to the many legs used to crawl along the ground, in addition to his general worm-like body. A maggot that usually feeds on the corpses in the ground, now being given life - to now DO the executing, to PUT the corpses in the ground. Great stuff.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 07:38 PM   #158
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeColossus View Post
and another one scratches it's way into my mind, as I whisper "The Horror"

Al
And Col Kurtz agrees.
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 07:07 PM   #159
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
Nobody has to like anything, but what I don't like is when someone doesn't like something and then just "trashes" it in a way that is untruthful.

Why is it a bad point that the sword and arm are massive? The sword is big because he is supposed to be an executioner. Meaning that sword isn't for fighting with in battle. It is for making one big chop with.

Rags would imply he's wearing unformed hunky shapes of ripped up old cloth. There seems to be a lot of care and planning that went into his robes, not just "rags" From any distance, I don't see "rags"

I am pretty sure his left hand is not visible in any of the photos, would have liked to see it, but that is the job, I assume of whoever originally set up the display. But you can see the right arm, right hand, and they are very skilfully done in my opinion. You can also see some hint of his physical structure behind the skull, what looks like a hunched neck, and it is pretty cool in my opinion.

Dog is creepy, because for starters it has no skin except for the feet. It has no eyeballs, no tongue, no gums, and especially no organs. If this resembles a regular dog (that is merely just hungry) to you in any way Eky, I would strongly urge you to look at a photo of an actual live dog and see how many differences you can find.

Again, nobody is saying anyone has to like something, but let's try to be a bit more honest in our critiques.

Nice to meet you, Eky.

EDIT:

I just went back and viewed the pictures again, and I'm really amazed at just how much detail is in this guy, even from a distance. And I guess what really gets me fired up Eky, was your first statement "I hardly see details
i don't recognise the art, only from the skull."

Absolutely disagree there. There is so much art, and skill on display here in addition to the skull. The musculature of the character around the chest and ribcage and arms is excellent, really looks like a living person with a real torso, but then he's got this bizarre neck that cranes over, and is wormlike, not at all human in appearance. All of the robes and stuff, chains and various accessories, look so complex from a design perspective. This guy is brimming with master craftsmanship in my opinion. The skull itself is so detailed and complex, but that is really just the cherry on the top, the sundae is pretty delicious too.
Couldn't possibly have fired back any better than that. Well typed, JC.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 07:45 PM   #160
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

I think this piece looks fantastic. Does his dog have human hands and feet? Damn twisted.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote