Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-27-2014, 10:16 PM   #161
dechirico7
The Flash

IMO, the dog being in a "cute" stance kind of makes this piece freakier. AND it is odd that some find a dog skeleton cute! LOL! A dog skeleton that is walking with human hands! And people are looking at the cute nature of the dog in a negative way. It seems there are a lot of people that aren't open minded enough. These odd details are what make the pieces. Every time we view an odd detail I like these pieces more and more. I understand there will be people that question certain characteristics, just how it is going to be when abstract pieces are released. I love this line. And I might get a tad irritated with people putting it down. LOL. Just an FYI. Who's with me?!?!?!?!
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:24 PM   #162
Vracula
Jedi Order

It's hilarious that even with an original line that people need to tell SS what to do and how to do it.It's an original character that's how he look's get over it.I don't like the sleepy pose of Mortigull but am still gonna buy it,Maybe he just isnt a morning person.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 11:08 PM   #163
Sithlord32
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
IMO, the dog being in a "cute" stance kind of makes this piece freakier. AND it is odd that some find a dog skeleton cute! LOL! A dog skeleton that is walking with human hands! And people are looking at the cute nature of the dog in a negative way. It seems there are a lot of people that aren't open minded enough. These odd details are what make the pieces. Every time we view an odd detail I like these pieces more and more. I understand there will be people that question certain characteristics, just how it is going to be when abstract pieces are released. I love this line. And I might get a tad irritated with people putting it down. LOL. Just an FYI. Who's with me?!?!?!?!
I agree with you but as far as people putting it down and getting irritated by that..well...I never have really gave a damn what other people think when it concerns my own interests and im not going to start now.
Everyone's is entitled to their own viewpoint. Sticks and stones might break my bones but its excellent sculpts and oddities that excite me.
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 03:04 PM   #164
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Check this out not sure if you all saw but this is a little interview with Tom Gilliland creator of Court of the Dead and he talks about his babies so check it out because its great little video and sorry if its been posted before….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=Nfe5U0aYUbw

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 03:31 PM   #165
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
It's hilarious that even with an original line that people need to tell SS what to do and how to do it.It's an original character that's how he look's get over it.I don't like the sleepy pose of Mortigull but am still gonna buy it,Maybe he just isnt a morning person.
Gosh damn bro...that's why I gots luv for ya. I was just getting ready to type the same thing.

This is a complete UNIQUE property that comes out of the brain of Tom G. and company.

Why does everyone feel they need to act like they are the quintessential creative gods of a property that's not theirs?? I understand if some don't vibe with the subject matter, etc. but how DARE anyone take away an original vision of someone? That is not right...and just flat out arrogant of others that do that to someone's unique vision.

Don't like it fine....but don't tell someone how to do their own characters.

Do what I do....just enjoy it for what it IS!!! I for one want to see where SS takes this CotD property in the future.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:36 AM   #166
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
Couldn't possibly have fired back any better than that. Well typed, JC.
Steve! The CIA got you pushing too many pencils?

Good to read you my friend.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:38 AM   #167
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
(picks up a pitchfork and whiskey bottle)

Yeahhhhhhhh!!!
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:46 AM   #168
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Do what I do....just enjoy it for what it IS!!! I for one want to see where SS takes this CotD property in the future.
I am curious to see the graphic novel
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 08:32 PM   #169
LionHeart717
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Oglavaeil's page is up:
http://courtofthedead.com/characters...e-executioner/
LionHeart717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 09:44 PM   #170
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Cool. I picked the guy that could wreck-shop if he wanted.

Is there more than just a simple paragraph?
Or am I missing something? More concept art, etc?
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote