Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-19-2015, 05:58 PM   #271
KevinS
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
All Sideshow cares about anymore is money that is only thing they see anymore $$$$$$!!!!
Sarah
I suppose XM doesn't and can't seem to do no wrong atm.
KevinS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 06:17 PM   #272
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Weren't you supposed to leave the boards?
Quit this s**t or get the hell out, nobody here cares for your blabberings.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 06:31 PM   #273
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
I do
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 09:24 PM   #274
Canadaguy705
Sailor Moon

These COTD pieces better come out perfect though or I'm going to be pisssed !!! And then I will train my dog to do its business on the COTD pieces then I'll return to sideshow and tell them my statue smells like someone pisssed on it then in return getting my money and NRD bsvk in full!!

Sarah[/QUOTE]

Yikes! Tell us how you really feel Sarah.

Don't hold back this time lol
Canadaguy705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 09:52 PM   #275
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

[/QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadaguy705 View Post
These COTD pieces better come out perfect though or I'm going to be pisssed !!! And then I will train my dog to do its business on the COTD pieces then I'll return to sideshow and tell them my statue smells like someone pisssed on it then in return getting my money and NRD bsvk in full!!

Sarah

Yikes! Tell us how you really feel Sarah.

Don't hold back this time lol[/QUOTE]

Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 06:09 AM   #276
ob1ob
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallos View Post
If memory serves me right, exclusive were slightly more expensive. They stopped that practice several years ago.
I didn't know that. I have noticed that some other companies (like PCS and Gaming Heads) charge a little more for the exclusive. I don't think it's a big deal to do that. It is nice that Sideshow does not though.
ob1ob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 06:20 AM   #277
KevinS
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
I posted just to piss you off. I see it worked.
KevinS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:10 AM   #278
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

I dont really see how the little dog can be more then $100.... its like 1/10 the size of the actual statue.. This really sounds like its gonna be costing alot more then its worth. Should really just be included with the statue.. I cant see how its that much more material compared to an extra arm or head piece to warrant a seperate purchase
Kovenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:24 AM   #279
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Plus SS doesn't pay for license fee (For the COTD line)...so basically I don't see how these statues cost as much as a license one.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:56 AM   #280
traylorc
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
I dont understand why sideshow has to be money grubbing, greedy douches and figure they have to separate accessories to milk some extra money out of us. Afterall, we do continually buy their products; thousands upon thousands of dollars worth. You would think they would cut us a break and give us our moneys worth and just add that small accessory. Pretty soon theyll start charging extra for exclusives. Maybe I shouldnt give them that idea, with sideshows prying eyes everywhere with only money in mind.
You have answered your own question...SS charges separately for accessories because they can. They charge separately for accessories because they realize that the many of their customers are essentially "addicts" who will buy their products no matter what. And when customers whine and complain about items such as pricing, quality control, and charging for accessories...when customers threaten to take their business elsewhere or stop buying SS products...SS's management just rolls their eyes. Why...because they know all their little addicts need their fix. Besides most of the folks that threaten to not buy anymore SS products likely have multiple SS product on pre-order.

Bottom line....don't expect a for profit entity to "cut you a break". You are not involved in a friendship, you are involved in a business transaction. Yeah....I understand that some business owners may "cut you a break or give you a discount" if you buy so much of their product. But it's not something you should expect from every business transaction. I imagine SS figures they are cutting you a break by giving you reward points with each purchase.

Lastly...as long as we continue to purchase SS products then we essentially condone their business practices. We cannot continue to buy SS's products, increase their revenues and profits annually, and then wonder why their business practices never change.

There is absolutely, positively, no incentive on SS's part to change how they do business as long as customers continually buy their products; thousands upon thousands of dollars worth".
traylorc is offline   Reply With Quote