Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 01-25-2012, 07:45 PM   #111
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

Will you guys be showing anything off at Toy Fair or any of the upcoming spring comic conventions?
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:11 AM   #112
SNAPE
Frackin!

Will we ever be seeing the Umbridge Bust (Please please say yes lol)
SNAPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:37 PM   #113
Rogue01
Gentle Giant Rep.
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicksplode View Post
Will you guys be showing anything off at Toy Fair or any of the upcoming spring comic conventions?
Yep! We won't be exhibiting directly at every show, but we will have our products at other booths at shows throughout the year.

Also, we are planning on attending SDCC, CVI and one more show this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPE View Post
Will we ever be seeing the Umbridge Bust (Please please say yes lol)
Possibly, but I wouldn't count on it.
Rogue01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:50 PM   #114
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Hey Greg, do you guys still have the LOTR license? If so does that entitle you to make products from the new The Hobbit films or is that a separate license altogether?

Assuming the license is intact are there any plans to possibly restart the LOTR mini bust line or maybe a new line depicting the characters of Middle Earth when The Hobbit films hit?

If so is there any chance we'd ever see the Witch King and Dark Galadriel light-up busts that were previewed but canceled once the LOTR MB line was abruptly ended?

Thanks.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:42 PM   #115
SNAPE
Frackin!

HAHA! Yeah I didn't plan to loose any sleep over it. To be honest I wish you guys would give up the Potter license because Sideshow has spoken about having a lot of intrest in the past. I would rather have a company actually use a license than make 2 busts per year and thats it. I dont get your logic GG...I do not. Why release only a few each year? You've had a fair run and the Potter collectors are getting annoyed because we are getting the short end of the stick. If you advertised on Mugglenet, The Leaky Cauldron, Harry Potter forums, SnitchSeeker and the countless other potter fandom sites out there. You did it for Star Wars and built relationships to advertise by those means but never with Potter. I don't understand it. How much longer do you have the HP license for? and Are you going to add dirt, grime, blood to DHp2 Harry? He is just too clean.

One last note, don't think I am ungrateful thats not my intention. We have gotten some great Potter busts but theres still several main characters left and its a shame we wont get people like the Weasley parents, Umbridge, Quirrell, Lockhart, DHp2 Voldemort, etc.

Are we going to get an HP SDCC exclusive, or a PGM HP gift? All you have to do is read your blog post about what people wanted for the 2012 PGM...the intrest is there. Even more than from what I seen for Marvel.
SNAPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:37 PM   #116
leplant
Deadman

I agree that the Harry Potter license is moving very slowly, especially where the quarter scale mixed media format characters are concerned. I do have to say though, I picked up the Voldemort, and he exceeded all my expectations. An absolutely beautiful statue deserving of all available kudos. Thank you GG, and please keep the quarter scale stuff coming.

PS: If you would be willing to produce a quarter scale version of the Riddle Grave statue to compliment the Potter and Voldemort statues I will arrange for you and a least one friend to have eternal salvation. Its a good deal, believe me.
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:53 PM   #117
PsyGuy
A day without sunshine is like... night.

What happened with Marvel females busts?

Want to so bad to see your Ms.Marvel (Modern) and Psylocke ( X-Force), Emma Frost and Phoenix! Also X-23 and Storm modern.
PsyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:38 PM   #118
Rogue01
Gentle Giant Rep.
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Hey Greg, do you guys still have the LOTR license? If so does that entitle you to make products from the new The Hobbit films or is that a separate license altogether?

Assuming the license is intact are there any plans to possibly restart the LOTR mini bust line or maybe a new line depicting the characters of Middle Earth when The Hobbit films hit?

If so is there any chance we'd ever see the Witch King and Dark Galadriel light-up busts that were previewed but canceled once the LOTR MB line was abruptly ended?

Thanks.
Can't comment on this... yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snape
HAHA! Yeah I didn't plan to loose any sleep over it. To be honest I wish you guys would give up the Potter license because Sideshow has spoken about having a lot of intrest in the past. I would rather have a company actually use a license than make 2 busts per year and thats it. I dont get your logic GG...I do not. Why release only a few each year? You've had a fair run and the Potter collectors are getting annoyed because we are getting the short end of the stick. If you advertised on Mugglenet, The Leaky Cauldron, Harry Potter forums, SnitchSeeker and the countless other potter fandom sites out there. You did it for Star Wars and built relationships to advertise by those means but never with Potter. I don't understand it. How much longer do you have the HP license for? and Are you going to add dirt, grime, blood to DHp2 Harry? He is just too clean.

One last note, don't think I am ungrateful thats not my intention. We have gotten some great Potter busts but theres still several main characters left and its a shame we wont get people like the Weasley parents, Umbridge, Quirrell, Lockhart, DHp2 Voldemort, etc.

Are we going to get an HP SDCC exclusive, or a PGM HP gift? All you have to do is read your blog post about what people wanted for the 2012 PGM...the intrest is there. Even more than from what I seen for Marvel.
We're not done with the Potter line yet. That's all I can say at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyguy
What happened with Marvel females busts?

Want to so bad to see your Ms.Marvel (Modern) and Psylocke ( X-Force), Emma Frost and Phoenix! Also X-23 and Storm modern.
It's a big universe. We've got a lot of characters to get through. We've already got a few female characters coming out in Spider-Woman and Black Widow. There are more on the way.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:06 AM   #119
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue01 View Post
Can't comment on this... yet.
Well I will take your lack of comment(s) as a sign that things may be moving in the right direction then.

If you could post here once you can comment it would be greatly appreciated.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:18 PM   #120
Rogue01
Gentle Giant Rep.
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Well I will take your lack of comment(s) as a sign that things may be moving in the right direction then.

If you could post here once you can comment it would be greatly appreciated.
Oh, you guys will know when I can comment.