Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 11-26-2017, 03:44 PM   #1991
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec Fiction View Post
GG should sell honey trap to a company that still makes 1/4. Imagine if xm, ss or iron studios did something like Honey Trap. They would sell like crazy
Other than a copyright on the Honey Trap name, there is nothing stopping the other companies from starting their own lines of random hot girls with guns. Reminds me of the Cool Girls line of 1/6 scale figures.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 03:48 PM   #1992
Spec Fiction
Speculative Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Other than a copyright on the Honey Trap name, there is nothing stopping the other companies from starting their own lines of random hot girls with guns. Reminds me of the Cool Girls line of 1/6 scale figures.
Yea actually they have nothing to sell. The Honey Trap name is not worth anything at this point. Well, hopefully another company creates a similar original line. If done right it’ll make money. Remember when this line was first revealed? The hype was INSANE!
Old 11-26-2017, 03:50 PM   #1993
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
At this point, I doubt I would order this statue as we have waited a ridiculously long time for Fireball. The elimination of the transparent resin tutu and weathering is an obvious attempt to reduce production costs. The face change I am guessing was done for mass appeal. I still prefer the latina look of the original along with the oriignal tutu and weathering.

If GG was going to change something, change her firearm to something like a submachine gun such as P90. They used the same digital sculpt for the M4 on Sweet Pea, Black Widow and Maggie, all of which I own. Is it that hard to make or buy a digital sculpt of a gun?

If they keep the new face sculpt and tutu, at least add back the weathering and change the gun. And an additional note, she shouldn’t have her finger on the trigger. A person trained in firearm handling wouldn’t do that.

A P90 would add something different for this line.

Look closely. The Tutu looks like fabric. On lower resolution images, the Tutu looks like semi-transparent resin.
I'm convinced the Tutu has been constructed using a number of layers of fabric. I can see fabric pattern and stitching around the top.
My guess is, they altered it, as the wave pattern is difficult to replicate under factory conditions.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 03:59 PM   #1994
gomur
The Tick

Considering the number of breakages these statues have had (tho I've been lucky), I don't mind the tutu changed to fabric. Heck, maybe I'll take it off entirely.

I also preferred the original head but the new portrait ain't bad. Still pretty. If we can use the helmet on her for a very different feel, then extra points for that.

Still excited for this statue but hopefully the price won't be (too) obscene.

gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 04:16 PM   #1995
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Wow, that tutu looks so cheap. It looks like something that comes off of a $12 Barbie at Target.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 04:22 PM   #1996
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post

Look closely. The Tutu looks like fabric. On lower resolution images, the Tutu looks like semi-transparent resin.
I'm convinced the Tutu has been constructed using a number of layers of fabric. I can see fabric pattern and stitching around the top.
My guess is, they altered it, as the wave pattern is difficult to replicate under factory conditions.
I still see resin. The stiching is sculpted as in the same photo you can see the sculpted stiching in her white top. GG has been doing digitally sculpted stiching since the Sucker Punch line.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 09:23 PM   #1997
built2shred
Phoenix

If that's resin then I would expect to see lots of broken tutu's during shipping... I've yet to receive a statue from GG without something breaking. They're really bad at boxing their stuff.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 11:28 PM   #1998
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post

I just hope they keep her bottom looking the same. <_< lol
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 03:10 PM   #1999
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
If that's resin then I would expect to see lots of broken tutu's during shipping... I've yet to receive a statue from GG without something breaking. They're really bad at boxing their stuff.
If that was resin, it appears to be way too thin.
Besides, where is the join? The Tutu def appears to have that added afterwards look.

Will Harbottle 100% sculpts/3D models a statue. Not all elements remain resin. Sucker Punch Blondie is a prime example, as the fabric sections that hang down from both arms were originally sculpted.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 05:50 PM   #2000
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Wow, that tutu looks so cheap. It looks like something that comes off of a $12 Barbie at Target.
Exactly. I hate it.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote